Do you need the government to save you from facebook?

Shit, I haven't used it for about five years, except as a utility. It will die an ignominious death and I will dance on its grave.

Me? No. Society? You betcha. Facebook is the greatest evil ever perpetrated on a society, and it's been simultaneously perpetrated on nearly every society.
Excuse me? Social media is a miracle of human ingenuity. It allows us to communicate even more efficiently.

Shit, I haven't used it for about five years, except as a utility. It will die an ignominious death and I will dance on its grave.

More than 1/3 of the global population uses FB. You will be long dead before it is.

What are those ways? And which of them do it better than FB?

Do tell.
Well, maybe not better than Facebook, but at least on par. There's a lot of relevant social media platforms now. Facebook isn't what it used to be. I think it'll go the way of Myspace eventually.

As far as I can tell all.it does is propagate lies at the speed of electrons.
It's more than just lies and bullshit. The internet in general is a communication miracle. The internet has completely changed the game. It's easily the most powerful tool we have created so far.

No, but the government wants to have reason to have an oversight committee to run Facebook and tell them what's acceptable. Hence the whistleblower shit on Facebook, they didn't actually blow the whistle on anything, it was more like they were a government rep there trying to convince people the government should be in charge of Facebook.

At the same time Facebook is running ads on Hulu with a link on how they think federal guidelines should be updated "for our good".

I hope the govt does not fuck it up. It is a great tool for staying in touch with those that live far away.

My sister lives in Slovenia and I get to see pictures and hear about what she is doing with the simple click of a mouse.
Google voice is a far better choice with many more options....
Also SIGNAL for you android phone...it's secure and offers real time face to face conversation.
Face Book is all over and it is going down...

JO

Yeah it's that simple...just stop using it. I if you have an account you can close it but they keep pestering you for months after that.
Face book will die out soon....it will probably morph into other things though.
And you can bet that the next iteration of FB will be even more evil.

Yeah it's that simple...just stop using it. I if you have an account you can close it but they keep pestering you for months after that.
Face book will die out soon....it will probably morph into other things though.

More than 1/3 of the world's population uses FB. you will be dead before it is.

Google voice is a far better choice with many more options....

Google voice does not allow me to open one site and go "oh, look my sister posted more pictures of the beautiful mountains"

It's more than just lies and bullshit. The internet in general is a communication miracle. The internet has completely changed the game. It's easily the most powerful tool we have created so far.
It's a tool for spreading lies and misinformation mostly. Pretty sure we'd be better off without it.

Forum List

Back