Do you need the government to save you from facebook?

You are completely entitled to that position.

(Even though you're wrong)
Think logically dude. Think about all we gain by having instant global communication on a large scale. Not everybody is some ignorant jackass that can't figure out the difference between good information and bullshit.

You can put a device in your pocket that has access to pretty much all known information. Do you honestly, seriously think we are better off without an unbelievably useful tool like that?

Last edited:
Think logically dude. Think about all we gain by having instant global communication on a large scale. Not everybody is some ignorant jackass that can't figure out the difference between good information and bullshit.

You can put a device in your pocket that has access to pretty much all known information. Do you honestly, seriously think we are better off without an unbelievably useful tool like that?
But most folks aren't using it for that.

But most folks aren't using it for that.
I can't believe you're serious right now. I really want to get through to you on this one. Do you think we need everybody to be using it optimally for it to be an incredible boon to our species? Most people don't accomplish much. Some people change the world though.

I've lived without one in my pocket my whole life and plan to continue living without it in my pocket. Better off? I am. I have an old flip phone in my car for road trouble. I have a desktop in my work room. That's all I need.

Honestly, when we moved out of Seattle, our housekeeper started driving the 65 miles to visit and help me with house and garden chores. After 10 or 12 trips, she still could not find our home without GPS. I see that as a major handicap. Some day that grid will go down and the zombies will be pinballing off of one another, trying to exist as the human beings they had become when they had the Holy Glowing Rectangles in their hands 24/7.

I've lived without one in my pocket my whole life and plan to continue living without it in my pocket. Better off? I am. I have an old flip phone in my car for road trouble. I have a desktop in my work room. That's all I need.

Honestly, when we moved out of Seattle, our housekeeper started driving the 65 miles to visit and help me with house and garden chores. After 10 or 12 trips, she still could not find our home without GPS. I see that as a major handicap. Some day that grid will go down and the zombies will be pinballing off of one another, trying to exist as the human beings they had become when they had the Holy Glowing Rectangles in their hands 24/7.
You may be better off without a smart phone, but do you think you'd be better off without the internet in general? You might not have it in your pocket, but you have it on whatever device you're communicating with me from. And what of humanity?

The internet is a miracle for communication and education.

You may be better off without a smart phone, but do you think you'd be better off without the internet in general? You might not have it in your pocket, but you have it on whatever device you're communicating with me from. And what of humanity?

The internet is a miracle for communication and education.
The internet is important, I agree. I use it for a lot of my work. Just keep the Holy Glowing Rectangles away from me.

Miracle? I did very good work before I ever owned a computer. I just do it differently now.

Could we survive without tech? If the answer is "No", then we're in deep trouble.

Miracle? I did very good work before I ever owned a computer. I just do it differently now.
It's a lot bigger than just you or me though. There are a lot of gifted people in the world that don't have a lot of access to information. What the internet is doing for humanity is profound. It's still a new thing. A lot of the world is still offline.
Could we survive without tech? If the answer is "No", then we're in deep trouble.
We could survive without electricity and running water if we had to. Their usefulness is pretty hard to deny though.

It's a lot bigger than just you or me though. There are a lot of gifted people in the world that don't have a lot of access to information. What the internet is doing for humanity is profound. It's still a new thing. A lot of the world is still offline.

We could survive without electricity and running water if we had to. Their usefulness is pretty hard to deny though.
We could not survive dolt

I think we fundamentally differ in the fact that I am vehemently opposed to collectivism, so I don't care if "It's a lot bigger than just you or me". I don't care if anything is bigger than me. I am the center of the universe. I could give a shit about the collective.

This is why I could give a shit if anybody gets their phony-ass Covid shots. I am the center of the universe and I will not get it. Nor will I allow the collective to have a say in my decisions regarding the matter.

That so-called 'whistleblower' is clearly a fraud.

These companies wanna be regulated. They're so tied at the hip to the feds that they get to pen their own regulation, killing any chance of competition and subsequently setting the table for both the feds and the platform to censor whatever they want and to effictively partner to dictate whatever narrative they like in the public arena.

I think we fundamentally differ in the fact that I am vehemently opposed to collectivism, so I don't care if "It's a lot bigger than just you or me". I don't care if anything is bigger than me. I am the center of the universe. I could give a shit about the collective.
Both of us and our families will benefit as humanity becomes more educated and prosperous because of the internet.

Both of us and our families will benefit as humanity becomes more educated and prosperous because of the internet.
The internet is largely disagreement and name calling and NEVER has achieved it’s potential of educating the masses with better information toward prosperity
You make Pollyanna look like a stripper.

Forum List

Back