Fed Tapering - Finally Recognizing Long Term Inflation?

They have been saying this for how long now? They say it, the markets throw a fit and they refuse to do it so I'm not going to hold my breath.

If find it very concerning that it takes these folks so long to figure out the rather obvious. This inflation is not transitory. Maybe they are reading the same articles as Mac? Not sure, but they certainly aren’t in touch with reality.

Fed says it could begin 'gradual tapering process' by mid-November
The quickest way to deal with inflation is raise interest rates.....but the problem with that is it will probably do more damage than good....because as the interest rate goes up....so does the debt. Obama artificially dealt with inflation by keeping interest rates down and by monetizing the debt. I don't think Biden can get away with that because inflation is rising too fast for even this to work. They claim inflation is 5.2% but it's really more like 20%.

The quickest way to deal with inflation is raise interest rates.....but the problem with that is it will probably do more damage than good....because as the interest rate goes up....so does the debt. Obama artificially dealt with inflation by keeping interest rates down and by monetizing the debt. I don't think Biden can get away with that because inflation is rising too fast for even this to work. They claim inflation is 5.2% but it's really more like 20%.

Trump did the same thing. It's absolutely valid to point out that we did the wrong thing under Obama but we continued to do it under Trump also.

Forum List

Back