Do you need the government to save you from facebook?

I can't believe you're serious right now. I really want to get through to you on this one. Do you think we need everybody to be using it optimally for it to be an incredible boon to our species? Most people don't accomplish much. Some people change the world though.
I am as serious as a heart attack. The negatives far outweigh the positives.

I think the winners write the histories.
Thanks to the internet future historians will have an incredible amount of insight into the day to day lives of ignorant primitive people such as ourselves. I think they'll have a pretty good view of things.

Imagine if you could read Genghis Khan's Twitter feed and get a sense of how he really felt in his day to day life.

Thanks to the internet future historians will have an incredible amount of insight into the day to day lives of ignorant primitive people such as ourselves. I think they'll have a pretty good view of things.
And of it helped them win they will write glowingly about it.

Sorry Mang, you ain't changin' my mind on this one. The harm it does far outweighs th good.

I hope the govt does not fuck it up. It is a great tool for staying in touch with those that live far away.

My sister lives in Slovenia and I get to see pictures and hear about what she is doing with the simple click of a mouse.
Phone call, text, email, visit in person?

Me? No. Society? You betcha. Facebook is the greatest evil ever perpetrated on a society, and it's been simultaneously perpetrated on nearly every society.

Next to leftists as a whole you mean? Facebook is just one component of the left's creativity.

I've never got into it myself.

The problem with social media right now is it's being used to manipulate people. Not just by people within the US, but by countries like China and Russia.

Is that a problem? Yes. A massive problem.

Airplane? LOL You do know people fly to that part of the world all the time???

Not really a weekend trip you know. Why not just stay in touch via an amazing tool like FB instead of spending a grand to get there and back. I never understand why people will not use the tools that are there for them.

Not really a weekend trip you know. Why not just stay in touch via an amazing tool like FB instead of spending a grand to get there and back. I never understand why people will not use the tools that are there for them.
New York (JFK )- Ljubljana (LJU-Joze Pucnik) $694 Round Trip.

I just let someone on my team work for 4 months in Italy since we can all telecommute. You can be part of her life instead of looking at pictures on FB.

so, 1400 for the wife and I. I was a bit low.

yet you think FB is evil. How odd.

Well, I never said FB is evil. But I do think it's a platform for the self-absorbed, narcissistic, attention craving, personality disorder types. But I will admit to finding some of those posts quite entertaining.

$1,400 for 2 doesn't seem that bad to me if you visit for at least a week.

Well, I never said FB is evil. But I do think it's a platform for the self-absorbed, narcissistic, attention craving, personality disorder types. But I will admit to finding some of those posts quite entertaining.

I agree with all of this, but that does not remove it is still a great tool for keeping in touch when you cannot be together. Should I just go visit all the other friends I have on there instead of keep in touch via FB? I would be travelling non-stop if I did that.

$1,400 for 2 doesn't seem that bad to me if you visit for at least a week.

It is not bad, but how often can it reasonably be done? I can open FB for free and see what my sister is up to on a daily basis instead of waiting till I have the time to fly there. And being married to a nurse, a week off at a time is hard to come by these days.

I hope the govt does not fuck it up. It is a great tool for staying in touch with those that live far away.

My sister lives in Slovenia and I get to see pictures and hear about what she is doing with the simple click of a mouse.
It's fucking stupid. Use whatsapp (Farcebook owned) or Skype (owned by Satans nephew)
You can start a Whatsapp "group" and invite buddies and family and nobody else gets in...nobody asks to be "friend" because they went to school with.....

Last edited:
I agree with all of this, but that does not remove it is still a great tool for keeping in touch when you cannot be together. Should I just go visit all the other friends I have on there instead of keep in touch via FB? I would be travelling non-stop if I did that.

It is not bad, but how often can it reasonably be done? I can open FB for free and see what my sister is up to on a daily basis instead of waiting till I have the time to fly there. And being married to a nurse, a week off at a time is hard to come by these days.

I understand. I'm not advocating doing away with FB, or whatever is going on in this thread. Was just pointing our there are alternatives to FB. I use it for the same thing while trying to stay out of the political garbage (that's why come here) while not feeding the narcissists looking for clicks.

I understand. I'm not advocating doing away with FB, or whatever is going on in this thread. Was just pointing our there are alternatives to FB. I use it for the same thing while trying to stay out of the political garbage (that's why come here) while not feeding the narcissists looking for clicks.

I cannot lie, I often enjoy reading the narcissistic post looking for everyone to tell them how amazing they are. They try so hard not to be too obvious about it.

Forum List

Back