Do you know why atheists are generally miserable?

Have you asked the people who are panic buying toilet paper if they are Christian?

No need to panic buy. Toilet paper and paper towels will return and be plentiful as those who stocked up will have way too many to use. People also bought way too much sanitizers. The best is to wash your hands is soap and water. It sounds as if you didn't know any of this because of your dumb atheist question.

All one needs to do is visit a local grocery now. The Christians generally don't seem to be in a panic. They simply pray to GOD for guidance and protection and go about their business without getting all haired out...
Have you asked the people who are panic buying toilet paper if they are Christian?
Actually, I find it the perfect opportunity to witness to them that GOD is still in control and suggest reading the book of REVELATION, and we are not victims of some cosmic accident as atheists must presume. I find that all those I've talked to do admit that we seem to be heading toward some climatic event the way things are happening closer and closer together and more and more people are involved at the same time...

Revelations? Ok, I get it. You are insane.
And you are sane?
Yes. I passed the test by reading Revelations, and determined that it is a book of utter nonsense, probably written by someone who had lost his mind.
Reading is not studying, and logic tells me that you read without contemplation or seeking GOD for understanding. Who are the four horsemen? What may the 8 churches represent beside the churches of that day? Does the new earth physically reflect what our earth may have looked like before the Fall of Adam, or perhaps even Noah's Deluge? Perhaps you may wish to set aside playing computer games for a while and seek that which will have eternal ramifications for you.

Not interested in 2,000 year old nonsense.
But today's nonsense is okay by you? You must really hate evolution with its pretense of millions and billions of years...

I understand that there is a sizable minority of people in the US who are ignorant of, and reject, science. Since high school could not teach them, I am in no position to erase their ignorance and their unshakeable belief in superstitions. So, when you look up into the sky, and see that the moon has been swallowed by a dragon during a total eclipse, or that the arrival of a comet was sent by god as a message, I'm fine with that.
Being a minority doesn't make one wrong, as what happened in Nazi Germany and Nazi Occupied Europe clearly demonstrates. Creationists are the ones who established science because they noted a divine order and not some pretentious accident of our existence. Creationists didn't devise a place that no one can find where comets must originate because otherwise how could they still exist after "millions" of years... Creationists didn't suggest that life spontaneously sprang from mud naturally (even though those the believe this cannot prove it with all their attempts). Creationists never believed that all species originated from one. And again, evolutionists have been attempting for years and years to develop new species from various insects, etc... And yet all that they can do is breed. Cats remain cats, dogs remain dogs, sheep remain sheep, and fruit flies remain fruit flies ------- even with all the genetic tampering evolutionists can muster (hardly a "natural" process at that).

Don't tell me about science in public school. You have been indoctrinated, and not I. It's you who is superstitious because you don't believe in the true God but in fables concocted by half-truths and to the utter exclusion of any spiritual consideration. You are a materialist and your cheap imitation god is Darwin. His sculpted bust peering down from a lofty perch at the top of some bookcase filled with the works of his disciples.

Last edited:
All one needs to do is visit a local grocery now. The Christians generally don't seem to be in a panic. They simply pray to GOD for guidance and protection and go about their business without getting all haired out...
Actually, I find it the perfect opportunity to witness to them that GOD is still in control and suggest reading the book of REVELATION, and we are not victims of some cosmic accident as atheists must presume. I find that all those I've talked to do admit that we seem to be heading toward some climatic event the way things are happening closer and closer together and more and more people are involved at the same time...

Revelations? Ok, I get it. You are insane.
And you are sane?
Yes. I passed the test by reading Revelations, and determined that it is a book of utter nonsense, probably written by someone who had lost his mind.
Reading is not studying, and logic tells me that you read without contemplation or seeking GOD for understanding. Who are the four horsemen? What may the 8 churches represent beside the churches of that day? Does the new earth physically reflect what our earth may have looked like before the Fall of Adam, or perhaps even Noah's Deluge? Perhaps you may wish to set aside playing computer games for a while and seek that which will have eternal ramifications for you.

Not interested in 2,000 year old nonsense.
But today's nonsense is okay by you? You must really hate evolution with its pretense of millions and billions of years...

I understand that there is a sizable minority of people in the US who are ignorant of, and reject, science. Since high school could not teach them, I am in no position to erase their ignorance and their unshakeable belief in superstitions. So, when you look up into the sky, and see that the moon has been swallowed by a dragon during a total eclipse, or that the arrival of a comet was sent by god as a message, I'm fine with that.
Being a minority doesn't make one wrong, as what happened in Nazi Germany and Nazi Occupied Europe clearly demonstrates. Creationists are the ones who established science because they noted a divine order and not some pretentious accident of our existence. Creationists didn't devise a place that no one can find where comets must originate because otherwise how could they still exist after "millions" of years... Creationists didn't suggest that life spontaneously sprang from mud naturally (even though those the believe this cannot prove it with all their attempts). Creationists never believed that all species originated from one. And again, evolutionists have been attempting for years and years to develop new species from various insects, etc... And yet all that they can do is breed. Cats remain cats, dogs remain dogs, sheep remain sheep, and fruit flies remain fruit flies ------- even with all the genetic tampering evolutionists can muster (hardly a "natural" process at that).

Don't tell me about science in public school. You have been indoctrinated, and not I. It's you who is superstitious because you don't believe in the true God but in fables concocted by half-truths and to the utter exclusion of any spiritual consideration. You are a materialist and your cheap imitation god is Darwin. His sculpted bust peering down from a lofty perch at the top of some bookcase filled with the works of his disciples.

:yapyapyapf:

The answer to the OP: for the same reason as everyone else that is miserable; because they worship created things rather than the creator.

The only thing I miss from not believing in your fairy tales
Please, as a lover of fairy tales (the real kind) try not to confuse them with other types of stories.

I hate to break the news to you sweetie but any story that starts with "in the beginning" just like "once upon a time", and then introduces a talking serpent is a fairy tale.

Whether an atheist or a believer, if you do not realize this you will look and look but never find the hidden teaching.
Stop reading it literally and maybe you will find the wisdom in the account.

Oh I can find lots of wisdom in the Bible- and in other holy books.

But there is a brand of Christian which insists that everything in the Bible is literal.

They also tend to be creationists and also tend to attack atheists.
Good thing, I’m not one of those.

Of course my point still stands. Why would you read it literally at all?
I have no idea why certain particular brands/churches of Christianity insist on a literal reading of the Bible- maybe because in their minds if any part of the Bible is not literally true- then they can't believe anything the Bible says?

As I said before- there is lots of wisdom in the Bible and in other holy books- and as an Atheist I accept wisdom where I find it.

There does seem to be an almost daily thread by self declared people of faith(Christians) either about how miserable atheists are, or how evil atheists are, or some other attack on people like myself- who just don't believe in their particular fairy in the sky.

Never any threads that I have seen by Jews or Muslims who seem to have this obsession with attacking atheists here at USMB.

What is the particular pathology of certain cults of Christians that seem to feel obligated to attack atheists? I certainly don't go around telling Jews and Christians and Muslims that they should all stop believing in what they believe.

But I get attacked here at USMB just because I don't believe in what any of them believe.
Could it be the same reason you only see threads and posts from atheists attacking only Christians and Christianity at USMB?
Well that got me curious- so I went to the religion section- and the only thread I could find in the first entire page of threads by an atheist attacking religion- attacked both Christianity and Islam.
Meanwhile there were at least 3 threads by Christians attacking atheists.

What threads are you talking about? Certainly no recent ones.
I wasn’t talking about any specific thread. I asked a question. ;)
You were talking very specifically about threads- here lets look at what you said again:
Could it be the same reason you only see threads and posts from atheists attacking only Christians and Christianity at USMB?

Your claim- posed as a question but absolutely was a claim- is that we only see threads from atheists attacking Christians and Christianity at USMB. I looked and couldn't find those- so once again- what threads were you talking about?

You felt strongly enough about my post that you felt a need to respond- here I will remind you again what I said that you responded to:

There does seem to be an almost daily thread by self declared people of faith(Christians) either about how miserable atheists are, or how evil atheists are, or some other attack on people like myself- who just don't believe in their particular fairy in the sky.

Never any threads that I have seen by Jews or Muslims who seem to have this obsession with attacking atheists here at USMB.

What is the particular pathology of certain cults of Christians that seem to feel obligated to attack atheists? I certainly don't go around telling Jews and Christians and Muslims that they should all stop believing in what they believe.

But I get attacked here at USMB just because I don't believe in what any of them believe.

Well that got me curious- so I went to the religion section- and the only thread I could find in the first entire page of threads by an atheist attacking religion- attacked both Christianity and Islam.

You were talking very specifically about threads- here lets look at what you said again:

Your claim- posed as a question but absolutely was a claim- is that we only see threads from atheists attacking Christians and Christianity at USMB. I looked and couldn't find those- so once again- what threads were you talking about?

You felt strongly enough about my post that you felt a need to respond- here I will remind you again what I said that you responded to:

Do you think I need to count threads to not know it is the same reason? Do the number of threads have any effect on the reason?

People of faith are, on average, happier, commit murder and suicide less, far more likely to get married, which is much healthier than remaining single. They also give more not only to churches but also to secular organizations, to friends and family, more blood to blood banks and more time volunteering and helping out.

Calling me names and proclaiming how supremely intelligent you are personally will avail you nothing. But I realize, it's all you have.

Did you have a link on this, or is it just another butt nugget hunch? As an agnostic, it's been my experience that agnostics are happier and better adjusted than guilt-ridden, repressed Evangelicals.

People of religious persuasion insist that Atheists disrespect them and their beliefs. But, that is a pretty self centered assumption, since atheists equally disrespect ALL religion beliefs.

Do you think I need to count threads to not know it is the same reason? Do the number of threads have any effect on the reason?

You made a claim- I looked up your claim and couldn't find any evidence to support it.

I realize that as a person of 'faith' you don't rely upon actual evidence and facts- but I do.

People of religious persuasion insist that Atheists disrespect them and their beliefs. But, that is a pretty self centered assumption, since atheists equally disrespect ALL religion beliefs.
I don't disrespect people because of their religious beliefs- I really don't care whether someone believes that Jesus is their savior or that there is no god but Allah- I do care when people attack me for not believing what they believe in. I don't so much 'disrespect' religion as disbelieve the basis of that religion.

You made a claim- I looked up your claim and couldn't find any evidence to support it.

I realize that as a person of 'faith' you don't rely upon actual evidence and facts- but I do.
Again I didn’t make a claim. I asked a question. And the answer to that question can be proven through reason not thread counts.

I’m pretty sure I rely on more actual evidence and facts for my beliefs than you do. What evidence and facts do you rely on for not believing in something?

Again I didn’t make a claim. I asked a question. And the answer to that question can be proven through reason not thread counts.

I’m pretty sure I rely on more actual evidence and facts for my beliefs than you do. What evidence and facts do you rely on for not believing in something?
What evidence do you rely upon to not collect stamps? I don't need evidence to simply not believe in every fairy tale in the world. There about a dozen major world religions and hundreds- maybe thousands of minor religions- I for one don't feel any need to go research every religion in the world- just to justify my not believing in fairies in the sky.

What evidence do you rely upon to not collect stamps? I don't need evidence to simply not believe in every fairy tale in the world. There about a dozen major world religions and hundreds- maybe thousands of minor religions- I for one don't feel any need to go research every religion in the world- just to justify my not believing in fairies in the sky.
The fact that you see them as fairytales instead of what they are is why everything you see is skewed.

I don’t collect stamps. I exist in space and time and the origin questions are relevant to my existence.

According to your worldview you do not exist for any reason. You are an accidental happenstance of matter and energy doing what matter and energy do. According to my worldview I exist for a reason, part of my journey is to discover that reason.

Now if you wish to believe that your life has meaning while believing you are just an accidental happenstance of matter and energy doing what matter and energy do, that’s your prerogative, but it is a wholly illogical and incongruent belief. It’s really just a rationalization to make yourself feel better about having a fatalistic worldview.

One does not disrespect anothers enjoyment of fairy tales if they do not believe them themselves.

Your belief is a wholly illogical and incongruent belief. It’s really just a rationalization to make yourself feel better about having a fairytale worldview.
Really? I thought it was based on a thoughtful study of the creation of space and time from nothing that eventually evolved beings that know and create according to the laws of nature which existed before space and time.

What are you beliefs based upon, Einstein?

One does not disrespect anothers enjoyment of fairy tales if they do not believe them themselves.
It’s because you see them as fairytales instead of what they are that has skewed your beliefs and led to your rude behaviors.

Often times ignorance is insolent. This is especially true for ignorance that thinks it knows.

Bad behaviors can’t be turned off and on as easily as a light switch. Be careful for predictable surprises.

God loves natural selection.
He created it. :lol:

What non-believers need to be cautious about is ignorantly labeling a philosophy a fairy tale. I enjoy both religious philosophies and fairy tales. To equate one with the other is rather like likening science to fantasy. Those who are knowledgeable of both can only conclude the people making these comparisons are woefully uninformed about the basics of either.

Now, which would you like to discuss--religious philosophies or fairy tales?

Forum List

Back