Do you know why atheists are generally miserable?

People of faith are, on average, happier, commit murder and suicide less, far more likely to get married, which is much healthier than remaining single. They also give more not only to churches but also to secular organizations, to friends and family, more blood to blood banks and more time volunteering and helping out.

Calling me names and proclaiming how supremely intelligent you are personally will avail you nothing. But I realize, it's all you have.

Oh God help me. Ha Ha.

Religious people have killed an ubtold amount of people.
You have got to be f****** joking.

Your filthy mouth avails you nothing. Do you talk like that in polite company, or do you never keep any?

Nobody said religious people are never evil. Try to think before you spew.
THE POINT IS that faith provides a great many benefits to billions of people that atheism denies them.
Do try to think before blathering nonsense. You seem unconcerned with the 50,000,000 starved and murdered by atheist Stalin. You could care less about the 3,000,000 killed by atheist Pol Pot. You don't care about the 60,000,000 murdered by atheist Chairman Mao.

Muslims have murdered 140,000,000 and their grisly count grows daily, but then again, not as rapidly as the count of babies murdered at the behest of godless Democrats who rant and rage over "right wing religious extremists". The opposite of that would be "left wing atheist extremists" would it not be?

Religious people have killed an ubtold amount of people.
You have got to be f****** joking.

Your filthy mouth avails you nothing. Do you talk like that in polite company, or do you never keep any?

Nobody said religious people are never evil. Try to think before you spew.
THE POINT IS that faith provides a great many benefits to billions of people that atheism denies them.
Do try to think before blathering nonsense. You seem unconcerned with the 50,000,000 starved and murdered by atheist Stalin. You could care less about the 3,000,000 killed by atheist Pol Pot. You don't care about the 60,000,000 murdered by atheist Chairman Mao.

Muslims have murdered 140,000,000 and their grisly count grows daily, but then again, not as rapidly as the count of babies murdered at the behest of godless Democrats who rant and rage over "right wing religious extremists". The opposite of that would be "left wing atheist extremists" would it not be?
You said they commit murder less than atheists.
How do you get I am ok with dictators killing millions of people?
How could someone claim to have gotten that from what I wrote?
Are you missin a chromosome or somethin?

There does seem to be an almost daily thread by self declared people of faith(Christians) either about how miserable atheists are, or how evil atheists are, or some other attack on people like myself- who just don't believe in their particular fairy in the sky.

Never any threads that I have seen by Jews or Muslims who seem to have this obsession with attacking atheists here at USMB.

What is the particular pathology of certain cults of Christians that seem to feel obligated to attack atheists? I certainly don't go around telling Jews and Christians and Muslims that they should all stop believing in what they believe.

But I get attacked here at USMB just because I don't believe in what any of them believe.

The study, published in Social Psychological and Personality Science today, found that on average people whose obituary mentioned they were religious lived an extra 5.64 years.
Atheists commit suicide far more often than those of faith, which is clearly not "rational"

Martin, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (2005). In examining various indicators of societal health, Zuckerman concludes about suicide:
"Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization's report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism."[3]

The list of atheist shooters and serial killers does not correspond to claims of intellectual superiority and rationality.

Atheists have a long record of being mass shooters and militant atheism in general has a causal association with mass murder.
Due to this fact, peer reviewed research published in academic journals has found that society-at-large is likely to hold atheists responsible for capital criminal acts and that even atheists are likely to assume that serial killers are fellow atheists.[2][3][4]

The study, published in Social Psychological and Personality Science today, found that on average people whose obituary mentioned they were religious lived an extra 5.64 years.
Atheists commit suicide far more often than those of faith, which is clearly not "rational"

Martin, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (2005). In examining various indicators of societal health, Zuckerman concludes about suicide:
"Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization's report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism."[3]

The list of atheist shooters and serial killers does not correspond to claims of intellectual superiority and rationality.

Atheists have a long record of being mass shooters and militant atheism in general has a causal association with mass murder.
Due to this fact, peer reviewed research published in academic journals has found that society-at-large is likely to hold atheists responsible for capital criminal acts and that even atheists are likely to assume that serial killers are fellow atheists.[2][3][4]

Andrea Yates - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Andrea_Yates
Andrea Pia Yates (née Kennedy; born July 2, 1964) is a former resident of Houston, Texas, who ... Yates was born in Hallsville, Texas, the youngest of the five children of Jutta Karin ... Christian, Carol; Lisa Teachy (2002-03-06). ... Bienstock, Sheri L. Mothers Who kill Their Children and Postpartum Psychosis, (2003) Vol.
Killed‎: ‎5
Date‎: ‎June 20, 2001; 18 years ago
Children‎: ‎Noah Jacob, b. February 26, 1994; ...
Criminal penalty‎: ‎Found not guilty Acquitted re...
‎Dena Schlosser · ‎Postpartum psychosis · ‎Michael Woroniecki · ‎Irresistible impulse

Susan Smith - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Susan_Smith
Susan Leigh Smith (née Vaughan; born September 26, 1971) is an American convict who was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after serving 30 years for murdering her two children, three-year-old ... Her mother then married Beverly Russell, a member of the local chapter of the Christian Coalition, who ...

The fact that you insist on equating me with serial killers....

simply because I do not believe in god

makes you a stinking piece of shit.

YOU are a serial killer!

You do know that the more religious a person is the lower the IQ of that person.

The only thing I miss from not believing in your fairy tales
Please, as a lover of fairy tales (the real kind) try not to confuse them with other types of stories.

I hate to break the news to you sweetie but any story that starts with "in the beginning" just like "once upon a time", and then introduces a talking serpent is a fairy tale.

Whether an atheist or a believer, if you do not realize this you will look and look but never find the hidden teaching.

The only thing I miss from not believing in your fairy tales
Please, as a lover of fairy tales (the real kind) try not to confuse them with other types of stories.

I hate to break the news to you sweetie but any story that starts with "in the beginning" just like "once upon a time", and then introduces a talking serpent is a fairy tale.

Whether an atheist or a believer, if you do not realize this you will look and look but never find the hidden teaching.
Stop reading it literally and maybe you will find the wisdom in the account.

There does seem to be an almost daily thread by self declared people of faith(Christians) either about how miserable atheists are, or how evil atheists are, or some other attack on people like myself- who just don't believe in their particular fairy in the sky.

Never any threads that I have seen by Jews or Muslims who seem to have this obsession with attacking atheists here at USMB.

What is the particular pathology of certain cults of Christians that seem to feel obligated to attack atheists? I certainly don't go around telling Jews and Christians and Muslims that they should all stop believing in what they believe.

But I get attacked here at USMB just because I don't believe in what any of them believe.
Could it be the same reason you only see threads and posts from atheists attacking only Christians and Christianity at USMB?

if you do not realize this you will look and look but never find the hidden teaching.
Seems to me you just contradicted yourself.

Obviously you either never read or understood the hidden teaching in "The Tale of a Puppet." where it is written that when naughty boys stay on Pleasure Island for too long those donkey ears are there to stay. (Pinocchio 3:14)

Can I get a hee haw?

if you do not realize this you will look and look but never find the hidden teaching.
Seems to me you just contradicted yourself.

Obviously you either never read or understood the hidden teaching in "The Tale of a Puppet." where it is written that when naughty boys stay on Pleasure Island for too long those donkey ears are there to stay. (Pinocchio 3:14)

Can I get a hee haw?
Hee haw. Obviously you never understood the knowledge that ancient man passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years in the accounts of Genesis. Specifically:

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation

Hee haw. Obviously you have never understood the knowledge that ancient man passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years in the accounts of Genesis. Specifically:

1. God created existence

DU UH NO.

The universe, the solar system, and this planet were already in existence for billions of years, ("The world was without shape or form and void; and darkness covered the face of the deep") when God said "let there be light" and created heaven and earth, a world above, my world, and the world below, your world, by giving the law as a light to the nations.

The story has absolutely nothing to do with the "big bang" theory about the beginning of the material universe.

Hee haw. Obviously you have never understood the knowledge that ancient man passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years in the accounts of Genesis. Specifically:

1. God created existence

DU UH NO.

The universe, the solar system, and this planet were already in existence for billions of years, ("The world was without shape or form and void; and darkness covered the face of the deep") when God said "let there be light" and created heaven and earth, a world above, my world, and the world below, your world, by giving the law as a light to the nations.

The story has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the "big bang" beginning of the material universe.
No. Ancient man was describing the creation of existence in Genesis. And they pretty much nailed it to. We know from science that space and time were created from nothing and that man is a product of that creation.

1. God created existence

DU UH NO.

The story has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the "big bang" beginning of the material universe.
No. Ancient man was describing the creation of existence in Genesis. And they pretty much nailed it to. We know from science that space and time were created from nothing and that man is a product of that creation.

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

You are a fucking idiot.

According to the story, unlike scientific facts, the world was already in existence before God said "let there be light ".

If you don't believe me you can look it up.

1. God created existence

DU UH NO.

The story has absolutely nothing to do with the "big bang" theory about the beginning of the material universe.

Bar Ilan University’s Professor Nathan Aviezer an expert in physics disagrees with you.

“Without addressing who or what caused it, the mechanics of the creation process in the Big Bang match the Genesis story perfectly. If I had to make up a theory to match the first passages in Genesis, the Big Bang theory would be it,” said Aviezer.

“...At this point I think we can say that creation is a scientific fact.”

Could New Scientific Discovery Support Creation?

Nathan Aviezer - Wikipedia

1. God created existence

DU UH NO.

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

You are a fucking idiot.

According to the story, unlike scientific facts, the world was already in existence before God said "let there be light ".

If you don't believe me you can look it up.
The universe is 14 billion years old. The earth is 4 billion years old. Genesis is ancient man’s allegorical account of their answers to the origin questions. And they nailed it.

The universe was created from nothing and man is a product of that creation.

Forum List

Back