Do You Ever Stop and Think About Your Own Mortality

As some have pointed our many fear physical and mental decline more than death itself. I'm 82 and a 'living legend' among my family and others. I started taking serious care of my health in my mid 30's and it has paid off. I have had a few bumps in the road since but have recovered pretty well from them.

Wow, you're eighty-two? I never would have guessed,but that's incredible!! :D

Nursing home is usually a death sentence. :omg:
Well rehab is closer to the truth, one wing for that and another wing for long-term....I just have to walk past the long-term folks to get to her room.

She did a stint at the same place after a hip replacement. Of course at 89 you never know. At least it's part of the hospital if something goes south.

Another alternative is to donate your body to science. It doesn't matter if they leave your corpse in a tree or let the coyotes eat it up or give it a dignified burial, it's just dead meat and you aren't there.

Nothing serious,he just complains all the time.
He's a Fruit Basket...

1655590362839.png

It's just that nobody really wants to talk about death, but I find if you do talk about some things that are hard to talk about like that especially if they're unavoidable, then it sort of makes it a little bit better and easier to handle

A near death experience as a teen had me going in /out as i lay broken in the winter road.

Shock is a funny thing, everything is so surreal , a kaleidoscope of sounds and visuals that don't make sense ......

I was scared, wondering if the next time i lost consciousness was going to be it

that was the first time i saw this patch on a jacket.....

1655590789188.png

~S~

Forum List

Back