Do You Ever Stop and Think About Your Own Mortality

Has anybody seen Tuck Everlasting before? A good movie about a good lesson that human immortality isn't as good as it sounds and after a while,.. it becomes a curse.

Has anybody seen Tuck Everlasting before? A good movie about a good lesson that human immortality isn't as good as it sounds and after a while,.. it becomes a curse.
I will be buried at a Jewish cemetery in Scottsdale

I don't usually, but since I'm a geocacher (it's like a scavenger hunt for those of you who don't know) I tend to go in cemeteries a lot. I'm a Christian so I believe in Heaven, but yet somehow I'm still having trouble believing that one day my body is going to either be buried in the ground or burned to a crisp. I'm not really scared or bothered by it, but still,.. the fact I'm going to be in a cemetery myself someday is currently unfathomable to me. Does that make sense? Right now, I'm too busy loving life that I don't really think an awful lot about it though. :D
As U said, "...that one day my body is going to either be buried in the ground or burned to a crisp". I used to worry about my physical body feeling pain after my spirit(being?) was turned off(redirected?) & could no longer reach my physical body. It might help to view your physical body as nothing more than a typical receiving antenna as ones spirit does NOT reside within ones own physical body, but rather ones spirit is PROJECTED(how?) into their physical brain(antenna/CPU?) so the individual human can communicate with other antennas(humans). This may sound bizarre to you but think about it for a moment: when a radio station signs off for the night how do they sign off? The answer is the particular station simply quits broadcasting for a certain length of time. Comes morning the particular station "resurrects" their broadcast.

The human spirit cannot BROADcast so ones spirit(being?) can only singlecast to their own personal physical antenna. Once the brains CPU deciphers its spirits message then the message can be formulated into verbal communication. Don't feel insecure about losing your antenna(physical body) just look @ it as losing a one channel a.m. mini radio & gaining an entire radio station complete with an 800 foot broadcasting tower!

Well I'm thirty-two myself so I probably have another fifty to sixty years on earth I hope. :)

Exactly and death itself is the easy part since it's final and there's no more worrying about it once it happens. It's the dying part that actually scares me a bit.
I've decided I'm going to live to 127.

But yeah, it's on my mind DAILY. I don't have a "fear" of meeting God, but the knowledge that I soon will, keeps me on the straight and narrow

"Now troubles are many, there as deep as a well. I swear there ain't no heaven but I prey there ain't no hell". ...Blood Sweat &Tears 1979

Well rehab is closer to the truth, one wing for that and another wing for long-term....I just have to walk past the long-term folks to get to her room.

She did a stint at the same place after a hip replacement. Of course at 89 you never know. At least it's part of the hospital if something goes south.
I thought maybe it was just rehab. Wishing her a positive recovery. :)

If I actually wanted to end my life, I wouldn't broadcast it on the internet. Thinking about it (objectively) and desiring it are two completely different things.
Most people seriously planning suicide don't reveal it to anyone. That's why mental health screening for the purpose of reducing suicide-by-gun won't work.

Most people seriously planning suicide don't reveal it to anyone. That's why mental health screening for the purpose of reducing suicide-by-gun won't work.
Mental screening is a joke anyway. Especially for gun permits.

A psych eval is only good for maybe the same day the eval takes place.

The very next day, a person could snap or break with reality for any one of hundreds of reasons.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't think about it, but what keeps from going crazy about it is remember all of the good people and things that I still have in my life.

God bless you and my favorite people who are still here always!!!

Holly

I don't usually, but since I'm a geocacher (it's like a scavenger hunt for those of you who don't know) I tend to go in cemeteries a lot. I'm a Christian so I believe in Heaven, but yet somehow I'm still having trouble believing that one day my body is going to either be buried in the ground or burned to a crisp. I'm not really scared or bothered by it, but still,.. the fact I'm going to be in a cemetery myself someday is currently unfathomable to me. Does that make sense? Right now, I'm too busy loving life that I don't really think an awful lot about it though. :D
Not so much anymore.

When I was a teenager living rough on the streets I used to wonder if I'd make it to 21.

I seriously contemplated suicide more than once before the age of 18.

Growing up and in my young adulthood when I was religious, I thought about it constantly.

Now that I’ve been freed from the shackles of religion and come to a very different set of beliefs about the Universe I rarely think about it at all.

I’m not afraid to die. Most of the Romeu n more frustrated with the idea of continuing to live than of death.

Forum List

Back