Favorite memories of childhood

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
This is a positive thread !!

I used to go to this affordable family cheap country club that was in Michigan and it had a giant pool , tennis and basketball courts and snacks venue
. It was a lot of Jewish families that would hang out on the weekends
Much gossip
Fun days

I used to love building forts out of leaves, branches, and stuff I pulled out of dumpsters in the alley. Built my own bikes too.

I built a two-story fort once behind a vacant house and the neighbor tried to tear it down. LOL He was pissed but told me I would make a good builder or engineer after I apologized.

The only engineers I knew about drove trains and I thought "what the heck does that have to do with forts?"

Last edited:
Skipping school and Smoking Crack with my Pops in a back alley....Those were the days.
Seriously though..going to Lake LBJ in the Texas Hill Country and fishing with my next door neighbor Jimmy.
Drinking Big Red soda and cruising around the lake, if you've never tried it I recommend it but only one ,they're super sweet and taste like bubblegum.
Riding dirt bikes with my buddies and running from the cops.

Oh...and being a ballboy for the Houston Rockets.
Sitting on the bench with the players or sitting under the basket to free a stuck net or mop up the sweat on the court.
The best part was working in the locker room for both the home team or the visiting team.
You get to meet all of the players from around the league.

Last edited:
I really don’t have any pleasant memories from my childhood. Not a lot of friends. My first crush moved at the end of the school year. Just not a great time of my life.

I really don’t have any pleasant memories from my childhood. Not a lot of friends. My first crush moved at the end of the school year. Just not a great time of my life.
Did you grow up in Midwest ??

Did you grow up in Midwest ??
No. I grew up in southern New England (CT). My mother is from Minnesota. Due to medical issues I was the smallest, least physical kid in my class through middle school. My facial birthmark didn’t help either. Why did you think I was in the Midwest?

Forum List

Back