Do You Ever Stop and Think About Your Own Mortality

Well then you should have another twenty to thirty years at least.

Sorry, but I don't walk on eggshells for Liberals or Conservatives and I can't change facts of life either so I'm not going to sugarcoat things and censor myself and you cannot make me feel guilty about it either because it isn't my fault. I feel bad for them, but that's different.
Like I said, it's not a big deal.

I'm just as done with this world as it is done with me. I'm sure I won't miss it when I'm gone.

I find my own mortality to be more of a comfort, like looking forward to a good long sleep. In the scheme of eternity, life is a temporary abnormality. I just hope to make my exit with as few regrets as possible.

Like I said, it's not a big deal.

I'm just as done with this world as it is done with me. I'm sure I won't miss it when I'm gone.

You seriously should seek some therapy or something.

I find my own mortality to be more of a comfort, like looking forward to a good long sleep.

Yeah, some days I feel like that too lol

You seriously should seek some therapy or something.

Yeah, some days I feel like that too lol
Therapy will not fix my situation. As far as my ability to "feel better" about a situation that can't be fixed? what's the point of that?

I don't usually, but since I'm a geocacher (it's like a scavenger hunt for those of you who don't know) I tend to go in cemeteries a lot. I'm a Christian so I believe in Heaven, but yet somehow I'm still having trouble believing that one day my body is going to either be buried in the ground or burned to a crisp. I'm not really scared or bothered by it, but still,.. the fact I'm going to be in a cemetery myself someday is currently unfathomable to me. Does that make sense? Right now, I'm too busy loving life that I don't really think an awful lot about it though. :D
You're 32. Donworryabodit.

Last edited:
Therapy will not fix my situation. As far as my ability to "feel better" about a situation that can't be fixed? what's the point of that?

I don't know your situation, but ending your own life is never the answer. Unless you're old and sick. Then I believe that you should have the right to die.

This.

I put my 89 year old mom in a nursing home last week (hopefully just temporary) after her bad bout with the covid and that will wake your ass up......I swear when I take her a care package and newspapers every few days I walk by a old guy's room and I don't think he's moved yet.....Is that me in 20 years or sooner?

Maybe it's better to burn-out than fade away sure enough.
Nursing home is usually a death sentence. :omg:

I don't usually, but since I'm a geocacher (it's like a scavenger hunt for those of you who don't know) I tend to go in cemeteries a lot. I'm a Christian so I believe in Heaven, but yet somehow I'm still having trouble believing that one day my body is going to either be buried in the ground or burned to a crisp. I'm not really scared or bothered by it, but still,.. the fact I'm going to be in a cemetery myself someday is currently unfathomable to me. Does that make sense? Right now, I'm too busy loving life that I don't really think an awful lot about it though. :D

When I was young, 17 or so, I believed I would not live to see 26. After I had survived to age 27 I started to fear making it to 40. At 45 a new terror dawned: I just might rot away alive into my 80's or 90's like my grandfathers, one of whom told me long ago I should never allow myself to get as old as him. Now, staring 50 in the face, stronger and more capable than ever before, I wonder sometimes at the optimal age to pull the plug. More than likely, however, I'll endure decades more of this living decay for the sake of family. You know what they say, "Life's a bitch and then you realize you're not going to die for a long, long time yet."

Most dont go to a nursing home to heal up.
They go because they can no longer take care of themselves and their condition is beyond the ability of a family member to do it.
My Mother stayed with the Wife and I before Her senility became to much for us to deal with.
She lived in Her condo on Galveston Bay,it was water front with great views. It breaks your heart when she'd ask when she was going back home.
Of course you know thats never going to happen so you have to lie to Her.

I don't know your situation, but ending your own life is never the answer. Unless you're old and sick. Then I believe that you should have the right to die.
If I actually wanted to end my life, I wouldn't broadcast it on the internet. Thinking about it (objectively) and desiring it are two completely different things.

Oh god
Bad timing for this post and me

When I was young, 17 or so, I believed I would not live to see 26. After I had survived to age 27 I started to fear making it to 40. At 45 a new terror dawned: I just might rot away alive into my 80's or 90's like my grandfathers, one of whom told me long ago I should never allow myself to get as old as him. Now, staring 50 in the face, stronger and more capable than ever before, I wonder sometimes at the optimal age to pull the plug. More than likely, however, I'll endure decades more of this living decay for the sake of family. You know what they say, "Life's a bitch and then you realize you're not going to die for a long, long time yet."
As some have pointed our many fear physical and mental decline more than death itself. I'm 82 and a 'living legend' among my family and others. I started taking serious care of my health in my mid 30's and it has paid off. I have had a few bumps in the road since but have recovered pretty well from them.

Forum List

Back