Zone1 Do you ever feel betrayed by God?

Why blame our Maker for my bungles in life? That would be like blaming my momma for giving birth to me. "If so, how do you overcome the feeling?" Simple, I just think of judgement day, which considering a good 28 yrs. of my life on the wild side of things, I simply cannot afford. I took the free insurance policy from the Mutual of Messiah so I don't have to stand in line on judgement day to face my Accuser, but use the VIP entrance to meet my Boss on good terms!
I have read his posts here and do not perceive that he is blaming God

but even if he did... certain circumstances in life lead a person to feel that God is to blame.. Hopefully people get beyond that kind of thing but really... what is wrong w/ blaming God?

Didn't He put it into the heads of the evil ones to do the evil they do? they had free will but they listened to Satan... I read a book once that said everything that happens to us is from God, good or not so good... It makes sense. Does he not know all we go through? Can he change anything he wants in our lives?

My wife has been charged and now they will try and paint me as the devil.
More than likely so

I won't get into detail, but i do have some divorce history raft with misandry

where i to do it over, i'd show up in court wearing>>>>

large_DI_2016_0170.jpg

~S~

Assault. I am trying to decrease the situation for her while also realizing I am under the gun myself due to their family and lawyer.
I wish I understood more of your situation. . not your past, which I think I get, but your current situation. If you don't want to discuss it in detail, I understand.. but what's going on with your wife being messed w/ by the authorities? Again, you don't have to divulge anything you don't feel comfortable divulging..

I think Canada is... not a place for any Christian

I wish I understood more of your situation. . not your past, which I think I get, but your current situation. If you don't want to discuss it in detail, I understand.. but what's going on with your wife being messed w/ by the authorities? Again, you don't have to divulge anything you don't feel comfortable divulging..

She has abused me relentlessly for years, but I took a vow. Part of this has to do with her gambling addiction, the rest of it has to do wit her anger issues or potentially even psychological issues etc.

It is hard for me to trust people but I assure you I am a good man. I respect those who are honourable, I would stand up for the abused. This is because I am the abused.

More than likely so

I won't get into detail, but i do have some divorce history raft with misandry

where i to do it over, i'd show up in court wearing>>>>

large_DI_2016_0170.jpg

~S~

Of course.

Keep in mind, it works both ways.

She has abused me relentlessly for years, but I took a vow. Part of this has to do with her gambling addiction, the rest of it has to do wit her anger issues or potentially even psychological issues etc.

It is hard for me to trust people but I assure you I am a good man. I respect those who are honourable, I would stand up for the abused. This is because I am the abused.
so your wife abused you somehow. I have been in an abusive relationship more than once.. I got out and stayed out.. of ALL relationships. I've been attracted to this or that person over the years bt at the first sign of ... Oh, this is going to happen again (abuse) I was GONE. People can say what they want about the Catholic faith but it was Catholic 'stuff" that kept me strong against such temptations... the temptation to believe things will be different this time... No, if someone is abusive before marriage, that person will be so after as well.

I don't know... Are you committed to the relationship even despite the abuse?

so your wife abused you somehow. I have been in an abusive relationship more than once.. I got out and stayed out.. of ALL relationships. I've been attracted to this or that person over the years bt at the first sign of ... Oh, this is going to happen again (abuse) I was GONE. People can say what they want about the Catholic faith but it was Catholic 'stuff" that kept me strong against such temptations... the temptation to believe things will be different this time... No, if someone is abusive before marriage, that person will be so after as well.

I don't know... Are you committed to the relationship even despite the abuse?

I am committed to understanding if she can be a better person through therapy and other means.

16 Years with the same woman, my grandfather went through some hard times too with my grandma, not nearly the physical and verbal abuse I have experienced, but, he stuck with it, they were married over 50 years.

I find in society we quit too easy, I'm just trying to keep my vows.

I am committed to understanding if she can be a better person through therapy and other means.

16 Years with the same woman, my grandfather went through some hard times too with my grandma, not nearly the physical and verbal abuse I have experienced, but, he stuck with it, they were married over 50 years.

I find in society we quit too easy, I'm just trying to keep my vows.
How were you married? justice of the peace? church? both? I know you're not Catholic but the Catholic Church rightly teaches that a true marriage is for life. If for some reason, it is not deemed a valid (true) marriage by the Church, it can be annulled. I frankly think that the Vatican sect gives too many annulments, what some Catholics have derisively called Catholic divorce. So I do not recommend you listen to anything a Francis sect person says re marriage.

But the True Catholic position is one that you seem to already believe in... until death do we part.

If you were only married by a justice of the peace, you are not really married (according to us true Catholics and maybe even the novus ordo ones)

Also, abusive persons rarely change. Only a deep conversion to Christ enables anyone to change.

How were you married? justice of the peace? church? both? I know you're not Catholic but the Catholic Church rightly teaches that a true marriage is for life. If for some reason, it is not deemed a valid (true) marriage by the Church, it can be annulled. I frankly think that the Vatican sect gives too many annulments, what some Catholics have derisively called Catholic divorce. So I do not recommend you listen to anything a Francis sect person says re marriage.

But the True Catholic position is one that you seem to already believe in... until death do we part.

If you were only married by a justice of the peace, you are not really married (according to us true Catholics and maybe even the novus ordo ones)

Also, abusive persons rarely change. Only a deep conversion to Christ enables anyone to change.

We had the blessing of the Catholic Church though I am not Catholic.

Whether she changes or not remains to be seen, but I am confused at this point, really drawn 100 ways.

We had the blessing of the Catholic Church though I am not Catholic.

Whether she changes or not remains to be seen, but I am confused at this point, really drawn 100 ways.
the blessing of the CC? What does that mean? It appears to mean something other than being married in the CC

I know how it feels to be torn in different directions. However, one thing I am no longer torn about is whether to be in an abusive relationship. Even though the Catholic Church (the real one, not the Francis sect) believes in "till death do we part" they do not condone abusive relationships. My guess is they would say Be separated, let the divorce issue come down the road after a period of separation. . something like that, although I am not speaking for the CC, just guessing... In any case, I rely on the CC because at one time in my life I didn't (fully) and all hell literally broke loose.. I know what adhering to the C faith could have saved me from.. very sad that I learned fairly late in life about such things but better late than never.

Anyway, again, abusive people rarely change and why should you spend your limited time on this earth being abused by someone for who knows what reason... to me there is never a valid reason.. What would be so bad about separating until you can clear your head and maybe she needs time for the same?

the blessing of the CC? What does that mean? It appears to mean something other than being married in the CC

I know how it feels to be torn in different directions. However, one thing I am no longer torn about is whether to be in an abusive relationship. Even though the Catholic Church (the real one, not the Francis sect) believes in "till death do we part" they do not condone abusive relationships. My guess is they would say Be separated, let the divorce issue come down the road after a period of separation. . something like that, although I am not speaking for the CC, just guessing... In any case, I rely on the CC because at one time in my life I didn't (fully) and all hell literally broke loose.. I know what adhering to the C faith could have saved me from.. very sad that I learned fairly late in life about such things but better late than never.

Anyway, again, abusive people rarely change and why should you spend your limited time on this earth being abused by someone for who knows what reason... to me there is never a valid reason.. What would be so bad about separating until you can clear your head and maybe she needs time for the same?

If she wants a divorce, she can apply for one. I am not there yet. It isn't easy, but as you said, we have one life, I don't want to betray my own convictions.

If she wants a divorce, she can apply for one. I am not there yet. It isn't easy, but as you said, we have one life, I don't want to betray my own convictions.
well, maybe you are lacking a conviction about... not allowing someone to abuse you. What exactly does she do that warrants that word, btw? Does she hit you?

Well, Jesus, of course, never hits people...or abuses them. If you were alone, you could pray to Him and have some peace. I don't know... I can't give advice bc I don't know the whle story. Only God does. I can tell you what helped me to never be in such a sick relationship again.. .but maybe you wouldn't listen any more than... say... BS Filter... laugh

People have a great resistance the the Catholic faith.. not sure exactly why... but I know that only true Catholicism saved me from... abusive relationships and other such hideous things... It was the rosary.. and the Real Presence that changed things for yours truly

Because of Trudeau? In that case I would agree with you,.. but right now America isn't really the place for Christians either.
more so than in Canada... the OP seems to be afraid to call the cops because of how they unfairly treated him in the past... and there are of course Americans who feel the same way... but OP makes Canada look like Cuba or Russia compared to the US

His wife is physically abusive.

Forum List

Back