Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people - like Hollie and sparky - have to lose what they have to appreciate what they have.
Some people - like @Hollie and @sparky - have to lose what they have to appreciate what they have.
you're a joke bing, surly that would not pertain more for you, christianity than anyone here for mentioned.
But I do realize the spirit of God is within me.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

What ever you wish to believe is fine. It changes nothing.
Attitude changes everything. In fact, it is happiness which leads to success. Success does not lead to happiness.

Yes it does

I was a lot less happy when I was struggling to get by.

If that is what you wish to believe, fine. But it is not necessarily attributable to there being a god or not. It is more to your personal mental state.
I was responding to the post about attitude, happiness and money

I already stated whether or not I believe in any gods

Some people - like Hollie and sparky - have to lose what they have to appreciate what they have.
Some people - like @Hollie and @sparky - have to lose what they have to appreciate what they have.
you're a joke bing, surly that would not pertain more for you, christianity than anyone here for mentioned.

Attitude changes everything. In fact, it is happiness which leads to success. Success does not lead to happiness.

If you believe that, fine for you. You should not force others to agree with you. I still don't care.
Who am I forcing? Is that even possible?

Siting the wonders you feel and singing the praiss of your beliefs, urging others to believe as you do and questioning others who disagree with you, that is how it is possible.
So by my doing those things I am forcing others to believe as me?

So I guess that must mean you believe as me, since I forced you to, right?

In the context of this discussion force means to make someone do something against their will. Is that what I did to you?

You certainly attempted to do so with your constant babble of how great you are for your beliefs.

BTW, you should note that I have not downgraded what you believe, I just don't care and you seem to have a major problem with that. That is on you.
So now you are saying I attempted to force you? Is that correct?

What makes you believe I have a major problem with you believing differently than me?

Your replies to my posts indicate your problems.

Perfhaps "forced" is to strong of a word. Tricked is a better choice.

And I still don't care, no matter what you claim.
I kind of see it the other way around. It seems that what you really want is to squelch free speech that you disagree with. No one is forcing or tricking you into believing anything. That you see it that they are is the problem.

Do I believe in "God?"

Objectively, I can argue it either way but I can not prove or disprove "God's" existence in the literal sense.

Yes it does

It's called the happiness advantage and it's well documented.

If you believe that, fine for you. You should not force others to agree with you. I still don't care.

Siting the wonders you feel and singing the praiss of your beliefs, urging others to believe as you do and questioning others who disagree with you, that is how it is possible.

In the context of this discussion force means to make someone do something against their will. Is that what I did to you?

You certainly attempted to do so with your constant babble of how great you are for your beliefs.

BTW, you should note that I have not downgraded what you believe, I just don't care and you seem to have a major problem with that. That is on you.

What makes you believe I have a major problem with you believing differently than me?

I kind of see it the other way around. It seems that what you really want is to squelch free speech that you disagree with. No one is forcing or tricking you into believing anything. That you see it that they are is the problem.

Guess what? I don't care how you see it thru your filter of belief. I have not tried to counter anyones statement while you seem intent on arguing about mine. Says a lot about the veracity of your statements.

Yes it does

So are talking donkeys and snakes in the bible. Do you believe in those also?

Guess what? I don't care how you see it thru your filter of belief. I have not tried to counter anyones statement while you seem intent on arguing about mine. Says a lot about the veracity of your statements.
I got that you don't care the first 89 times you said it. Of course you tried to counter what I said. You said I was forcing you to believe as I do which was preposterous. No one can force you to believe anything. Then you crawfished away from that and said I was trying to force you to believe as I do which is equally preposterous. I never sought you out. You sought me out. So the only statement of yours that I took exception to was your statement that was directed at me. So yes, I am going to disagree with you that I am forcing or trying to force you to believe what I believe.

So now you want to question my veracity?

Yes it does

Here's what I believe.

The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if you start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

You have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. You shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, you are so far removed from these events that they have lost all original meaning to you. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. You read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make yourself feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on you.

Apparently you care enough to keep talking about it.

Only because YOU care enough to try to refute my statement. No matter what you claim you show a continued bias.
Just the statement that you made that I am trying to force you to believe as I do. Yes.

That is a ridiculous statement to make and not supported by any fact.

I got that you don't care the first 89 times you said it. Of course you tried to counter what I said. You said I was forcing you to believe as I do which was preposterous. No one can force you to believe anything. Then you crawfished away from that and said I was trying to force you to believe as I do which is equally preposterous. I never sought you out. You sought me out. So the only statement of yours that I took exception to was your statement that was directed at me. So yes, I am going to disagree with you that I am forcing or trying to force you to believe what I believe.

So now you want to question my veracity?

Sure I want to counter what you falsely claim. Go back and look. It was you who first addressed me in this conversation.

Since that is true, it makes all your claims against me false. As I said, I don't care about you or what you believe, perhaps the 90th time will sink. It seems from your constant attacks it is you who care, and vehemently disagree with, what I have stated.

Let's get to the point of proof of your claims. Non-existant. Proof of my claims, not needed since I have made no claims on the subject except for not caring. Does that penetrate your wall of denial?

Yes it does

Here's what I believe.

The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if you start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

You have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. You shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, you are so far removed from these events that they have lost all original meaning to you. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. You read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make yourself feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on you.

Oral traditions do not provide evidence or truth. Ever play the kids game of post office? Never the starting story at the end. All of your claims are suspect and probably fictions. You have no proof of anything you claim to be true and that is trying to force your beliefs on others. Another of your claims debunked. See how that works?

Apparently you care enough to keep talking about it.

Only because YOU care enough to try to refute my statement. No matter what you claim you show a continued bias.
Just the statement that you made that I am trying to force you to believe as I do. Yes.

That is a ridiculous statement to make and not supported by any fact.

As you post later in this thread, this is provably false. That is a fact, but of course not one you wish to acknowledge as it shows you to be wrong. Figures from one like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back