Do atheist obey God?

Doesn't seem to want it too much, considering how easily I and so many others could be convinced. Exactly why would anyone choose one god over another, if there is nothing to go by but somebody else's belief?
You have the equation wrong. It is not about how much God wants you. It is about how much you want God. And, the answer I see is, Not very much.

We are no longer under the Old Testament
In fact, we never were under that Law. Only Israel was under it. The Romans weren't. The Greeks weren't. The Egyptians weren't. No one was except the tribes of Israel. Not even Christians were except for the first Christians who were Jewish converts. They dutifully attended Temple, as Christ commanded, until the dissolution of the Jewish theocracy.

the alterations made by the spiritual content to its physiology, evolution is a supernatural force and surly has a governance as the progression of life on Earth implies, certain rules exist to be maintained.
There is no spiritual content

What we call spirit is just another artifact of the functioning of the brain

I think some Christians will say yes, and some will say no.

Because all of you make God in your own images.
But its what the word of God says, that matters, not the opinion of others. And you have your facts inverted according to the word of God. Men does not make God in his own image as man is physical and God is a Spirit. God created Man in His image....(Gensis 1:27). God is a SPIRIT (John 4:24-26) and man must worship IN SPIRIT. Thus, Man is created in the Spiritual Image of God, its a man's spirit that belongs to God......the flesh belongs to the world. When a man dies His spirit goes back to God to judge as He declared......equally. (Eccl. 12:7).

How is God's image reflected in man? Man is the only creature on earth that realizes his own mortality and the only creature that can make free will decision to plan for his future in knowing the difference between, right, wrong, righteousness, unrighteousness. In Fact only man makes Law that reflects all the commandments of God concerning righteousness. There shalt not murder, thou shalt not steal, they shall not bear false witness...etc., Animals work on instinct not judgements between right and wrong.

"Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become as ONE OF US (the Godhead), to know good and evil..........." -- Genesis 3:22 Then the Lord punished man for deciding to sin against His word, "But from the tree of knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat..........for in the day you eat of it you shall surely die." -- Gen. 2:17

Man disobeyed God....and did eat of the tree of knowledge between right and wrong. God kept His word.....He punished man by sentencing man to live outside His protection in the Garden.......because of Sin all mankind is born to physically die, since the time God banished man from the Garden of Eden. "...........and now; he (man) might reach out with his hand, and take fruit also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever. Therefore the Lord God sent him out of the Garden of Eden....." Genesis 3:22-23

To this day the tree of life is guarded and forever separated from the reach of man, as its protected by God's angels ".......He (God) stationed a cherubim (and angel of the 2nd order ) and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:23

Thus.......its the gift of FREE WILL as directed by the Spirit of Man in having the capacity to know good from evil and to freely choose which way he might follow is how man is made in the image of God. Man unlike God sometimes chooses evil over good. In Fact that is why the Lord God sentenced man to die with the great flood. "Then the Lord saw the wickedness of mankind was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually........." -- Genesis 6:5

So the Lord was sorry that He had made mankind on earth........(Genesis 6:6) Proving that God bestowed free will upon the spirit of mankind. God can plan and makes things happen as He has planned....but man can choose between right and wrong........if not, How could God (if everything is predestined) be Sorry and (repent) that He had even made man on earth?

But its what the word of God says, that matters, not the opinion of others. And you have your facts inverted according to the word of God. Men does not make God in his own image as man is physical and God is a Spirit. God created Man in His image....(Gensis 1:27). God is a SPIRIT (John 4:24-26) and man must worship IN SPIRIT. Thus, Man is created in the Spiritual Image of God, its a man's spirit that belongs to God......the flesh belongs to the world. When a man dies His spirit goes back to God to judge as He declared......equally. (Eccl. 12:7).

How is God's image reflected in man? Man is the only creature on earth that realizes his own mortality and the only creature that can make free will decision to plan for his future in knowing the difference between, right, wrong, righteousness, unrighteousness. In Fact only man makes Law that reflects all the commandments of God concerning righteousness. There shalt not murder, thou shalt not steal, they shall not bear false witness...etc., Animals work on instinct not judgements between right and wrong.

"Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become as ONE OF US (the Godhead), to know good and evil..........." -- Genesis 3:22 Then good punished man for deciding to sin against His word, "But from the tree of knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat..........for in the day you eat of it you shall surely die." -- Gen. 2:17

Man disobeyed God....and did eat of the tree of knowledge between right and wrong. God kept His word.....He punished man by sentencing man to live outside His protection in the Garden.......because of Sin all mankind is born to physically die, since the time God banished man from the Garden of Eden. "...........and now; he (man) might reach out with his hand, and take fruit also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever. Therefore the Lord God sent him out of the Garden of Eden....." Genesis 3:22-23

To this day the tree of life is guarded and forever separated from the reach of man, as its protected by God's angels ".......He (God) stationed a cherubim (and angel of the 2nd order ) and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:23

Thus.......its the gift of FREE WILL as directed by the Spirit of Man in having the capacity to know good from evil and to freely choose which way he might follow is how man is made in the image of God. Man unlike God sometimes chooses evil over good. In Fact that is why the Lord God sentenced man to die with the great flood. "Then the Lord saw the wickedness of mankind was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually........." -- Genesis 6:5

So the Lord was sorry that He had made mankind on earth........(Genesis 6:6) Proving that God bestowed free will upon the spirit of mankind. God can plan and makes things happen as He has planned....but man can choose between right and wrong........if not, How could God (if everything is predestined) be Sorry and (repent) that He had even made man on earth?
Except what you call the word of a god is nothing but what other people tell you it is.

Except what you call the word of a god is nothing but what other people tell you it is.

But you ARE TELLING ME SOMETHING and you expect ME TO BELIEVE IT? :abgg2q.jpg:
Hardly............the Bible is very objective in the fact that it reads the same for everyone. Now all you have to do is prove that all the eyewitness testimonies found in the Bible are not true. The only way you can accomplish this is to prove it through a presentation of objective, repeatable, and consistent FACTS in evidence. People are sentenced to prison every day based upon the prima facie truth as presented via eyewitness testimony. Good luck........the scriptures have existed for over 3500 years and remain unbroken, converting people to the faith of Christianity every day to the point that Christianity now encompasses over 1/3 of the world's population.....FYI: The Bible is the best selling work of literature ever known to mankind, and its still on the best selling list.

Ya see? Its a very simple thing to listen to someone..........and then check the actual content of the Bible to see if they are correct or are misrepresenting the scriptures. "..............they received the word with all eagerness, examining the scriptures to see if these things were true." (Acts 17:11)

Thus far...........I have caught you in LIE after LIE.......according to the word of God. Who do I choose to believe. Door number 1. God, Door number 2. YOU? I choose door number ONE.

N.T. manuscripts have existed since the late 1st century........as demonstrated though history actual as recorded by both Roman and Jewish historians. The BIG LIE.........the scriptures were corrupted by the Romans in the 4th century. Yet, strangely our modern calendar is dated back to the 1st century, using the birth of Christ as a source of calibration.

I'd wager you have referenced it at least once today.........without question. Kind'a contradictory....no? :dunno:

Last edited:
Hardly............the Bible is very objective in the fact that it reads the same for everyone. Now all you have to do is prove that all the eyewitness testimonies found in the Bible are not true. The only way you can accomplish this is to prove it through a presentation of objective, repeatable, and consistent FACTS in evidence. People are sentenced to prison every day based upon the prima facie truth as presented via eyewitness testimony. Good luck........the scriptures have existed for over 3500 years and remain unbroken, converting people to the faith of Christianity every day to the point that Christianity now encompasses over 1/3 of the world's population.....FYI: The Bible is the best selling work of literature ever known to mankind, and its still on the best selling list.
The bible was written by men.

There is no spiritual content

who's we ... sorry, an "artifact".

as replied previously, flora has no brain also physiology is not native to planet Earth is a metaphysical substance and disappears when its spiritual content is removed - or in your case disappears when "its" brain ceases to function - which obviously is a seldom cause for "death" or the disappearance of metaphysical physiology which does occur without exception over time.

Doesn't seem to want it too much, considering how easily I and so many others could be convinced. Exactly why would anyone choose one god over another, if there is nothing to go by but somebody else's belief?
Because there's only one true God

There could be another meaning behind that. probably if her boyfriend does something like that. I doubt it refers to a stranger.
A marry-your-rapist law, marry-the-rapist law, or rape-marriage law is a rule of rape law in a jurisdiction under which a man who commits rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, abduction or other similar act is exonerated if he marries his female victim, or in some jurisdictions at least offers to marry her. The "marry-your-rapist" law is a legal way for the accused to avoid prosecution or punishment.[1

The bible was written by men.
Indeed.........at least 38 different men all from different walks of life to include, sheep herders, tax collectors, royalty, physicians, etc., All inspired by the Holy Spirit of God over 1000s of years, over 3 different continents. All agreeing completely along the recorded history of the Judeo/Christian religion. Tell us something unknown.

2 Things. (1.) All scripture is inspired of God. (2 Tim. 3:16) and is used to establish Christian Doctrine. (2.) No scripture is for "private" interpretation as the authors have already self interpretated....i.e., Holy Prophets of God as inspired by the Holy Spirit of God." (2 Peter 1:20)

Thus, just as I pay no attention to you attempting to TELL ME SOMETHING that's untrue, not supported by the Word of God.........I pay no attention to those who attempt to privately interpret the scriptures to fit their false agenda. I simply search the scriptures to prove myself approved of God.....the key is to study and allow the scriptures to self interpretate. (2 Tim. 2:15-22). Rightly dividing the word of God.

Its all about the truth. What is truth? "Sanctify them (dedicate) through thy truth. Thy word is truth.........." -- John 17:17. Truth is not based upon the Word of blues man. :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
A marry-your-rapist law, marry-the-rapist law, or rape-marriage law is a rule of rape law in a jurisdiction under which a man who commits rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, abduction or other similar act is exonerated if he marries his female victim, or in some jurisdictions at least offers to marry her. The "marry-your-rapist" law is a legal way for the accused to avoid prosecution or punishment.[1
It could be that way, otherwise he probably got stoned to death.

But its what the word of God says, that matters, not the opinion of others.
It matters to you and the tiny minority if humans who have ever lived who were and are Christians.

To the vast majority, it's just another false myth among 1000s.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Because there's only one true God
Ok. I'll change my question. Exactly why would anyone choose your one true god over a false god, or no god, if there is nothing to go by but somebody else's belief? I have no doubt you believe exactly what you say, but I'm not going to let you or anybody else decide for me. It is, and has to be my choice. based on what I know to be true. The god you describe would want it no other way.

who's we ... sorry, an "artifact".

as replied previously, flora has no brain also physiology is not native to planet Earth is a metaphysical substance and disappears when its spiritual content is removed - or in your case disappears when "its" brain ceases to function - which obviously is a seldom cause for "death" or the disappearance of metaphysical physiology which does occur without exception over time.
No such thing as spirit

No such thing as spirit

you did not answer the question - who's we.

you are claiming your brain is distinct from your physiology otherwise it would be your big toe is responsible for your responses or that for you the brain is the spirit as the associate for that distinction than other parts and is in error as was once thought for the heart.

do you read posts - as stated previously flora does not have a brain and evolves having the identical spiritual content component w/ its physiology as fauna as proven through transitory evolution.

you did not answer the question - who's we.

you are claiming your brain is distinct from your physiology otherwise it would be your big toe is responsible for your responses or that for you the brain is the spirit as the associate for that distinction than other parts and is in error as was once thought for the heart.

do you read posts - as stated previously flora does not have a brain and evolves having the identical spiritual content component w/ its physiology as fauna as proven through transitory evolution.
We human beings.

There is no such thing as spirit be it animal or plant

Ok. I'll change my question. Exactly why would anyone choose your one true god over a false god, or no god, if there is nothing to go by but somebody else's belief? I have no doubt you believe exactly what you say, but I'm not going to let you or anybody else decide for me. It is, and has to be my choice. based on what I know to be true. The god you describe would want it no other way.
A true believer of God gives you the way to be saved by the grace of God and they do not judge you by your choice they pray for you.

Forum List

Back