Do atheist obey God?

For those of you who are atheist I have a question. Would you obey God if He told you to do something? And would you start believing in Him after He spoke to you?
If God told me to do something, my atheist days would end immediately. An atheist is nothing more or less than someone who has no reason to believe a god exists. A direct command from a god, any god, that made it clear that it was from a god, instead of just a personal whim or a thought out idea would certainly remove any doubt of his exitance. I firmly believed in a God for a long time, and I still hope he exists, but after an in depth study of the bible, and many nights of evaluating what I found, unfortunately, I have no reason to believe a god exists. Nothing would make me happier than to believe a god does exist.

If God told me to do something, my atheist days would end immediately. An atheist is nothing more or less than someone who has no reason to believe a god exists. A direct command from a god, any god, that made it clear that it was from a god, instead of just a personal whim or a thought out idea would certainly remove any doubt of his exitance. I firmly believed in a God for a long time, and I still hope he exists, but after an in depth study of the bible, and many nights of evaluating what I found, unfortunately, I have no reason to believe a god exists. Nothing would make me happier than to believe a god does exist.
People talk about speaking to God. Maybe they do. Maybe they think they do. I can tell you God is real, not because I consciously talk with him (although I have tried many times), but because God spoke to me. If there is something God wants you to do, you will know it and there will be no ignoring it, or doubts as to where it came from. That is about all I can tell you, as witnessing to you on the internet, is not something he called me to do.

People talk about speaking to God. Maybe they do. Maybe they think they do. I can tell you God is real, not because I consciously talk with him (although I have tried many times), but because God spoke to me. If there is something God wants you to do, you will know it and there will be no ignoring it, or doubts as to where it came from. That is about all I can tell you, as witnessing to you on the internet, is not something he called me to do.
I await some contact from a god. I don't understand why any existing god wouldn't give me some reason to believe he exists. It should be easy for an omnipotent god.

I'm not religious by any means, including Atheism.

All I've ever wanted from any religion is proof positive of their fantasies they call reality.
So far........nothing.

They've had millenia to give us proof positive, and they haven't.

If any "god" did come and visit me, I would require ID and a cold, hard, factual, real show of their "powers".

And so far in my lifetime, it's never happened.

I await some contact from a god. I don't understand why any existing god wouldn't give me some reason to believe he exists. It should be easy for an omnipotent god.
Not really yours to question. Don't sweat it. Don't await. You may have done whatever he wanted you to do, already. For most, I doubt God has a daily task list for you and would drive you nuts if God did. Probably be like that Cheech and Chong thing, where the guy says "Once I was all messed up on drugs and then I found The Lord. Now I am all messed up on The Lord." Don't look for confirmation, as God owes you none, simply because you want it. God hasn't really spoke to me (or let me know exactly what I needed to do) in years. Maybe God wants me to be at peace. Maybe the same for you? I definitely still believe, as am certain God still believes in me as just fact of mutual existence. If called upon, I will answer. Suggest you do likewise.

Not really yours to question. Don't sweat it. Don't await. You may have done whatever he wanted you to do, already. For most, I doubt God has a daily task list for you and would drive you nuts if God did. Probably be like that Cheech and Chong thing, where the guy says "Once I was all messed up on drugs and then I found The Lord. Now I am all messed up on The Lord." Don't look for confirmation, as God owes you none, simply because you want it. God hasn't really spoke to me (or let me know exactly what I needed to do) in years. Maybe God wants me to be at peace. Maybe the same for you? I definitely still believe, as am certain God still believes in me as just fact of mutual existence. If called upon, I will answer. Suggest you do likewise.
And I will if he ever gives me some reason to believe he exists. So far, nothing.

I'm not religious by any means, including Atheism.

All I've ever wanted from any religion is proof positive of their fantasies they call reality.
So far........nothing.

They've had millenia to give us proof positive, and they haven't.

If any "god" did come and visit me, I would require ID and a cold, hard, factual, real show of their "powers".

And so far in my lifetime, it's never happened.

God requires-FAITH. his word mentions the wicked would require proof.

Which 'god' you're talking about?
There are many different 'gods'
We Christians believe in our God, we don't know which 'god' shall contact you.
Sincerely, you're a piece of shit for any 'god' except our God, which can forgive you and help to be a better human.
But not him, you shall establish contact at first.
Think about, anyone can suddenly die and it will be too late to make our True God to our Father and Friend

You problem is you never read the Holy Bible of the right transcription.
God already talks to you through the Holy Spirit but you refuse to hear him.
Too sad, but 99,999% of humans are already spiritually dead and go to Hell
I called myself a Christian for most of my life. I was even a deacon for a while. In depth study of the bible is what caused the rejection of most of the things I took on faith for so long. You're very wrong when you say I never read the bible.

Which 'god' you're talking about?
There are many different 'gods'
We Christians believe in our God, we don't know which 'god' shall contact you.
Sincerely, you're a piece of shit for any 'god' except our God, which can forgive you and help to be a better human.
But not him, you shall establish contact at first.
Think about, anyone can suddenly die and it will be too late to make our True God to our Father and Friend
OK. If you say I shall contact him first, you got a phone number or Email address? Praying never seemed to get his attention.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Obeying God has nothing to do with believing he exists, at least, according to the Bible

Adam and Eve walked and talked with God, but still lost faith and disobeyed.

The Children of Israel saw all the plagues and Red Sea part before their eyes, and then built a gold calf to worship instead, etc.

Placing your faith in someone has nothing to do with believing they exist either. Trust is relational, and usually involves love.

"Here I am, Lord. Send me."

Why await contact from God; contact Him.

I called myself a Christian for most of my life. I was even a deacon for a while. In depth study of the bible is what caused the rejection of most of the things I took on faith for so long. You're very wrong when you say I never read the bible.
Study Hebrew scripture with someone of the Jewish faith.

Forum List

Back