Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
Except, Iraq was NOT a threat.

My observation during the ramp up to war to the present day was that Iraq was easily and justifiably considered a threat prior to the resumption of inspections in December 2002. SH in powers was not a threat as a justification for war during those several months when SH was actively in cooperation with the 1441 inspectors.

Your assumptions about my motivations are false. My posts are for the purpose of presenting facts and refuting all myths lies and propaganda regarding the ramp up to the war in Iraq that W Started in March 2093.

You have shown no interest in assessing the facts on that and that makes it difficult for you to engage in an open and honest discussion so you attack motivation rather than to dispute the true facts.

My conclusions about your goal are not assumptions, but based on observing your actions and your words.

YOur purpose is to spread hate and division in your society.

You are USING, the Iraqi invasion, and more specifically the deaths of civilians in the following insurgency, as gist for your propaganda mill.

It is quite disgusting. You should be ashamed. That is no joke. I am deadly serious when I say that.

I seriously wonder if you might be a sociopath.

I supported the War in Iraq on a number of fronts. First, Iraq had been a threat for years, our intelligence was in shambles, we did not know whether or not they had a hand in 9/11, we did not know whether they would harbor bin Laden or other terrorists. As it turns out, Saddam’s Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 but given the threat they represented, could we let them sit and watch US as we got hit, it might have motivated Saddam to do something bigger.

if not for anything else, by taking the fight to Iraq, it motivated al qaeda to come fight US in Iraq and not focus all their resources on US for more domestic attacks.

You have a politician who voted for authorization of military action and then walked by his support with words after the fact.

Buden authorized use if military force only if determined to be necessary. His words in February 2002. indicate that he did not support starting the invasion prior to the inspectors finishing their work. So because Bush promised he would support the peaceful effort without a deadline Biden clearly stated that he did not support an invasion prior to the summer because if the immense task of keeping order in Muslim nation broken by war.

Biden was it covering his ass he was right. Bush invaded without a broad coalition and had no real plans and resources for dealing with the aftermath of regime change.

And half a million Iraqis died. And you support the incompetence and quagmire that Biden warned in advance was coming

if not for anything else, by taking the fight to Iraq, it motivated al qaeda to come fight US in Iraq and not focus all their resources on US for more domestic attacks.

You support motivating al Qaeda infesting Iraq society bringing Muslim on MUSLIM death and destruction and 18 years of horrific conditions IN A COUNTRY that had nothing to do with what all Qaeda did - you are one despicable human being just for considering that. Sicko. You bring disgrace to America. What a Shame.

My observation during the ramp up to war to the present day was that Iraq was easily and justifiably considered a threat prior to the resumption of inspections in December 2002. SH in powers was not a threat as a justification for war during those several months when SH was actively in cooperation with the 1441 inspectors.

Well no.. Iraq was crippled by two decades of war and sanctions. They just didn't want Iran to know how toothless they were. Remember Madeline Albright's remarks on how 500,000 Iraqi children had died due to sanctions.. and it was "worth it"?

Buden authorized use if military force only if determined to be necessary. His words in February 2002. indicate that he did not support starting the invasion prior to the inspectors finishing their work. So because Bush promised he would support the peaceful effort without a deadline Biden clearly stated that he did not support an invasion prior to the summer because if the immense task of keeping order in Muslim nation broken by war.

Biden was it covering his ass he was right. Bush invaded without a broad coalition and had no real plans and resources for dealing with the aftermath of regime change.

And half a million Iraqis died. And you support the incompetence and quagmire that Biden warned in advance was coming

Remember how the British Operation Mass Appeal began selling the war on Iraq in 1998?

You support motivating al Qaeda infesting Iraq society bringing Muslim on MUSLIM death and destruction and 18 years of horrific conditions IN A COUNTRY that had nothing to do with what all Qaeda did - you are one despicable human being just for considering that. Sicko. You bring disgrace to America. What a Shame.
I support taking the fight elsewhere outside of the United States as opposed to sitting like a duck waiting for another hit. Again, both al qaeda and Saddam’s Iraq were a threat. Looks like you are the so called non despicable type who apologizes for US exceptionalism and feels we should be punished. Tell Americans how that is not despicable.

I support taking the fight elsewhere outside of the United States as opposed to sitting like a duck waiting for another hit. Again, both al qaeda and Saddam’s Iraq were a threat. Looks like you are the so called non despicable type who apologizes for US exceptionalism and feels we should be punished. Tell Americans how that is not despicable.VE
I support taking the fight elsewhere outside of the United States as opposed to sitting like a duck waiting for another hit. Again, both al qaeda and Saddam’s Iraq were a threat. Looks like you are the so called non despicable type who apologizes for US exceptionalism and feels we should be punished. Tell Americans how that is not despicable.

Now that's stupid. Saddam was NO threat to the US or Saudi Arabia or the UAE or Bahrain or Qatar.

9thIDdoc

How much do you know about the ME or Iraq?

Have you ever been there? Have you ever heard of the Dual Containment Policy?

Since Iraq was crippled by 20 years of war and sanctions.
And you knew this at the time of the decision to go to war? Was it based on fact or opinion? How come so many Democrats disagreed with you at that time? Many of them agreed with me.

9thIDdoc

How much do you know about the ME or Iraq?

Have you ever been there? Have you ever heard of the Dual Containment Policy?
How much do you know about the US or her military or government? Don't need to know much about the ME to discuss US foreign policy or history.

How much do you know about the US or her military or government? Don't need to know much about the ME to discuss US foreign policy or history.

I'm an American who knows the Middle East. We have made some damned stupid blunders in US foreign policy. Ignorance is a handicap.

I have been to Iraq man times, also Iran as far back as 1953. I have flown Tapline in a PiperCub..

I support taking the fight elsewhere outside of the United States as opposed to sitting like a duck waiting for another hit.

Besides being morally depraved you are strategically stupid. According to Trump the disaster in Iraq cost $7 trillion. It cost American military families 4,485 lives, tens of thousands wounded.

You supported sending Americans in uniform into Iraq on March 17 2003 to drive around in Humvees and get blown up by IED’s planted on the roads by terrorists who were glad to oblige W!s insidious taunt to Terrorists to bring ‘em on.

We had already begin upgrading our defenses to stop non-national sponsored terrorist attacks on our own soil. We did not need to spend trillions to destroy and then rebuild an inept and corrupt Shiite majority government in Iraq.

It didn’t take that much to make sure al Qaeda was not going to strike again like they did when W was not up to the task.

But for the $7 trillion we wasted in bliwing up and rebuilding IRAQ..WE Could finished the job in Afghanistan and debited more resources to protecting the homeland. And maybe stopping domestic terrorists like this one.

las vegas mass shooting from www.nbcnews.com
Oct 2, 2017 — A lone gunman unleashed a rapid-fire barrage of bullets from the 32nd floor of a Las Vegas hotel late Sunday, killing at least 59 people and ...

Last edited:
And you knew this at the time of the decision to go to war? Was it based on fact or opinion? How come so many Democrats disagreed with you at that time? Many of them agreed with me.

When was the decision to go to war abd who made the decision?

Besides being morally depraved you are strategically stupid. According to Trump the disaster in Iraq cost $7 trillion. It cost American military families 4,485 lives, tens of thousands wounded.

You supported sending Americans in uniform into Iraq on March 17 2003 to drive around in Humvees and get blown up by IED’s planted on the roads by terrorists who were glad to oblige W taunt to Terrorists to bring ‘em on.

We had already begin upgrading our defenses to stop non-national sponsored terrorist attacks on our own soil. We did not need to spend trillions to destroy and rebuild a inept and corrupt Shiite majority government in Iraq.

It didn’t take that much to make sure al Qaeda was not going to strike again like they did when W was not up to the task.

But for the $7 trillion we wasted in rebuilding Uraq

you lost your argument at “we had already begun upgrading our defenses. Why did they need upgrading? (You might want to point to a decade of Clinton Gore gutting the Defense and intelligence budgets). When and at what point were those defenses adequate? Show us your expertise on defense.

I'm an American who knows the Middle East. We have made some damned stupid blunders in US foreign policy. Ignorance is a handicap.

I have been to Iraq man times, also Iran as far back as 1953. I have flown Tapline in a PiperCub..
So, exactly how do you think makes you an expert on US foreign policy?

Forum List

Back