Did These Parents Plan to Kill Their Child?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I had assumed that leaving a child in a hot car was an accident. A really stupid, careless, and hard to understand accident but an accident nonetheless. Seems like these people may have actually planned this. I am pretty shocked. Who would do such a thing to a child on purpose?

Cops: Georgia mom also searched Web on car child deaths - CNN.com

Leanna Harris, the mother of a Georgia toddler who died locked in a hot car, has told authorities that she researched such deaths and how they occur, according to a police affidavit.
Her husband, Justin Ross Harris, the child's father, who is in jail without bond, has also told police that he used the Internet to research child deaths in vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for death to occur, police said.

mom-did-research-2-e1404094844541.jpg

Last edited:
There's a big difference between an accident and purposeful neglect. How could "forgetting" about your child for nine hours be an accident? You've got to be kidding.

Last edited:
I can't see why a parent would look up such a thing

I could see clicking on a story about an infant death, but doing research on several right before your own child dies is suspicious

I could see clicking on a story about an infant death, but doing research on several right before your own child dies is suspicious

Not only that, but he drove to get lunch and went back to the office.

The evidence may be circumstantial, but it certainly warrants a serious investigation.

If true, they are monsters and deserve to die a horrible painful and slow death.

There's a big difference between an accident and purposeful neglect. How could "forgetting" about your child for nine hours be an accident? You've got to be kidding.

I once drove to work with my 2 youngest girls in the back seat while thinking about an issue at work. I was supposed to drop them off at preschool before going to work. They were asleep. I happened to hear them breathing before I got out of the car. Right about the same time I got a call from their preschool teacher. I'm wondering why no one called to ask about the child?

That is what seems so outrageous about it. You have to be pretty sick to know what happens to a child at those temperatures and decide thats how you are going to get rid of one.

If indeed true, why didn't they just give the child up. Makes me want to vomit.

That is what seems so outrageous about it. You have to be pretty sick to know what happens to a child at those temperatures and decide thats how you are going to get rid of one.

And if anything, having seen stories about children dying in hot cars would make me MUCH more aware of my kids in the car. When my kids were little I read an article about a toddler climb on a toilet and falling in, face first, and drowning. I checked the toilet lids to make sure they were down like it was a matter of life & death.

I once drove to work with my 2 youngest girls in the back seat while thinking about an issue at work. I was supposed to drop them off at preschool before going to work. They were asleep. I happened to hear them breathing before I got out of the car. Right about the same time I got a call from their preschool teacher. I'm wondering why no one called to ask about the child?

And you think that somehow compares with this. Really? Not everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, they'll get that in a court of law.

And if anything, having seen stories about children dying in hot cars would make me MUCH more aware of my kids in the car. When my kids were little I read an article about a toddler climb on a toilet and falling in, face first, and drowning. I checked the toilet lids to make sure they were down like it was a matter of life & death.

I bet what you didnt do is research exactly how many gallons it took before a child could drown in the toilet. That to me is the clincher. Why are you looking something like that up? Does it not suffice to know leaving your kid in the car is bad thing no matter how hot or cold it is?

Parents kill their children all the time. Though you have to scratch your head wondering why when most states now have a sort of no questions asked provision where you can drop your kid off at like a fire station relinquishing custody.

And you think that somehow compares with this. Really? Not everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, they'll get that in a court of law.

Not exactly the same thing but I could see it happening on accident as it could have happened to me. The other facts about the story lead me to believe this is more likely planned.

What amuses me in these cases is the people ok with killing babies inside the womb freak out when it happens outside the womb. Babies have been born premature countless times, just because it's still inside the womb doesn't mean it isn't a baby. If killing them then is "ok" then logically so must killing them outside.

What amuses me in these cases is the people ok with killing babies inside the womb freak out when it happens outside the womb. Babies have been born premature countless times, just because it's still inside the womb doesn't mean it isn't a baby. If killing them then is "ok" then logically so must killing them outside.

There is a mental threshold that is crossed once the child actually exits the womb. Our protective instincts kick in. Well for some people obviously.

Not exactly the same thing but I could see it happening on accident as it could have happened to me. The other facts about the story lead me to believe this is more likely planned.

I hope you're not saying that you could have forgotten about your children and left them in a car for nine hours. A responsible parent wouldn't leave them there for nine minutes.

That doesn't even begin to make any sense at all.

I hope you're not saying that you could have forgotten about your children and left them in a car for nine hours. A responsible parent wouldn't leave them there for nine minutes.

Not for 9 hours. More likely 3 hours if the teacher had not called. I always called at my break to see how they were doing in preschool. You can be the most responsible person on the face of the earth and forget something if your mind is occupied.

Forum List

Back