Dicks and Walmart getting sued HAHA

it's not that complex.

The Chritian bakers should be able to send away business and WAL MART should be able to send away business.

Why do so many fo you want the government to rule EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF your lives?
Because without them, they wouldnt get wiped after taking a shit

it's not that complex.

The Chritian bakers should be able to send away business and WAL MART should be able to send away business.

That's kind of the way it used to be and lo and behold whole communities were sending people away. It was problematic to say the least.

Why do so many fo you want the government to rule EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF your lives?

When did you stop beating your strawman?

it's not that complex.

Because without them, they wouldnt get wiped after taking a shit

They want GUBMINT to be MOMMY from CRADLE TO GRAVE.

They let the Progressive elites convince them this is the way to live....meanwhile, the progressive elites have armed guards and walls around their properties and events.

USEFUL IDIOTS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.aad35c23c783
PORTLAND, Ore. — An Oregon man filed suits Monday claiming Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart discriminated against the 20-year-old when they refused to sell him a rifle.

Dick’s and Walmart restricted gun sales to adults 21 and older in the wake of the Florida high school massacre. The 19-year-old accused in the school slaying bought the AR-15 used in the attack legally.

Oregon law allows residents to buy shotguns or rifles starting at age 18.

Watson is asking judges to force Dick’s and Walmart “to stop unlawfully discriminating against 18, 19, and 20 year-old customers at all Oregon locations.” Additionally, he is asking for unspecified punitive damages.
-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹
Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.
Looks like those fascist PA laws are coming back to haunt some people :badgrin:

And he's going to lose.

No, its not radical. You have to register your car, if you own a restaurant you must keep it clean in order to serve the public. If you have employees your place of business must be safe for them. You can't not serve minorities because they are minorities in your place of business. You have to pay taxes with your profits.

Again, why do I waste my time?
Minorities should be able to tell the majority to fuck if they want.
Im sorry, i just cant understand the pinko ideology behind their lack of respect for private property.

You know that moment when the drugs where off? Get back to me then.
You just want to defend your bullshit fascism.
Its ok. Its happens constantly.

No, you're really just not making much sense.
How am i not making sense?
I dont believe the fed govt has a right to tell businesses what to do with their own private property.
I disagree with the states doing it but at least its Constitutional.

What country actually governs the way you wold want it to?

Only if they order a special gay burger and want the restaurant to deliver, when the restaurant doesn't do gay burgers.

Totally doesn't match up with the bakery but OK.
refusing service is refusing service.

Whatever that means.
why does it matter why one refuses service? refusing it is still refusing it. then one can never refuse service

I know I'm going to regret this. So, you're point is that no one should be refused service, ever?
nope, i'm saying any business can refuse anyone service. just the opposite. I'm saying the left is from the position that no one can refuse service, except if it's ok with them. LOL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.aad35c23c783
PORTLAND, Ore. — An Oregon man filed suits Monday claiming Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart discriminated against the 20-year-old when they refused to sell him a rifle.

Dick’s and Walmart restricted gun sales to adults 21 and older in the wake of the Florida high school massacre. The 19-year-old accused in the school slaying bought the AR-15 used in the attack legally.

Oregon law allows residents to buy shotguns or rifles starting at age 18.

Watson is asking judges to force Dick’s and Walmart “to stop unlawfully discriminating against 18, 19, and 20 year-old customers at all Oregon locations.” Additionally, he is asking for unspecified punitive damages.
-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹
Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.
Looks like those fascist PA laws are coming back to haunt some people :badgrin:

And he's going to lose.
why do you say that?

Minorities should be able to tell the majority to fuck if they want.
Im sorry, i just cant understand the pinko ideology behind their lack of respect for private property.

I dont believe the fed govt has a right to tell businesses what to do with their own private property.

What does that matter? What do i care what other people do?
Goddamn man, you little submissive bedwetters are boring.

It's OK for Leo Dicaprio to have armed bodyguards and walls around his estates and flying private jets....just not John Doe.

Right, Libs?

If WAL MART doesn't want to sell me a rifle, I'll go to Cabelas or anywhere else.

It seems like Libs don't know how to go to the next store.

What do they do when Starbucks runs out of Pumpkin Spice lattes?

What does that matter? What do i care what other people do?
Goddamn man, you little submissive bedwetters are boring.

I'm attempting to get an idea of what you think a functioning society looks like. So, what uber libertarian shithole do you think the United States should emulate?

nope, i'm saying any business can refuse anyone service. just the opposite. I'm saying the left is from the position that no one can refuse service, except if it's ok with them. LOL

Business can put restrictions on sales that are not of a discriminatory manner, which means against people of a protected class.

Age (under 40) is not a protected class.

And people who sell dangerous products should be more careful who they sell them to. Take the people who sold Justin Bieber a Lamborgini, that soon after getting it he crashed it, putting himself in the hospital I would never sell a driver that young, a car that fast.

If WAL MART doesn't want to sell me a rifle, I'll go to Cabelas or anywhere else.

It seems like Libs don't know how to go to the next store.

What do they do when Starbucks runs out of Pumpkin Spice lattes?

No shirt, no shoes, no service. Isn't that discrimination against the footware challenged?

It's Oregon.

If the 19 year old were refused purchase of a sex toy because of his/her/its age the court would award a million bucks.

But it's a gun.

And it's The People's Republic of Oregon.

Business can put restrictions on sales that are not of a discriminatory manner, which means against people of a protected class.

Age (under 40) is not a protected class.

And people who sell dangerous products should be more careful who they sell them to. Take the people who sold Justin Bieber a Lamborgini, that soon after getting it he crashed it, putting himself in the hospital I would never sell a driver that young, a car that fast.

So children shouldn't have access to bicycles, plastic bags, forks, knives, rocks, shoe laces, cleaning products, sports, hiking, snowboarding, Skiing, swimming, surfing, fishing, boating, running, bunk beds, anything that fires projectiles of any kind, makeup, earrings, chopsticks, staplers, suitcases, freezers, stairs, balconies, skateboards, rollerblades, heelez.....

Last edited:
Contracted, not point of sale.

PA law shouldn't apply in this narrow case.

So if a gay person orders a Whopper at BK, they have to sell it to him, but if a gay person orders a Whopper without cheese,

BK can refuse because they don't do special orders for gays?

lol

Only if they order a special gay burger and want the restaurant to deliver, when the restaurant doesn't do gay burgers.

Totally doesn't match up with the bakery but OK.

Sure it does, faghadist wanted a special order the bakery didn't offer.

In Colorado? No, I believe they were looking through a photo album of cakes provided by the baker. Nothing gayer than calling people fags btw. You might as well scream it from the rooftops that you're in denial.

You act like the CO case is the only one out there, I was referring to the OR case.

they have a state law that includes age in discrimination laws

It doesn't matter if they have a state law, the U.S. Constitution will always "TRUMP" state law. IOW--if this got as far as the U.S. Supreme Court--the Oregon law would be overruled. Business's can refuse service to anyone they choose, as long as it's not about race or color. The second issue with this is that they are both national corporations, and therefore not necessarily controlled by a single state law.

You should know by now--that if wedding cake makers and pizza joints can refuse service to gays--then guns sales by private business can also be discretional according to age.
The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone?
Where does the Constitution mention race or color?

I just posted it, here it is again. It's federal anti-discrimation law.

Under federal anti-discrimination laws, businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class. At the national level, protected classes include: Race or color.Mar 21, 2017
The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone?
I asked you where it said that in the Constitution.
You said the Constitution would trump this state law, i am asking you how.

The U.S. Constitution has no written race or color in it. Technically according to the Constitution, a private business could refuse to serve someone of color or race, but under Federal laws of Protected classes that would be prohibited.

Federal law is the implementation of the Constitution.

it's not that complex.

The Christian bakers should be able to send away business and WAL MART should be able to send away business.

Why do so many of you want the government to rule EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF your lives?

If you're going to have a law, it has to be applied equally.

Forum List

Back