Dicks and Walmart getting sued HAHA

No shirts, no shoes, no serve. This will be an interesting case--but I think private business & industry in this country have the U.S. Constitutional right to refuse service to anyone they choose.

The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone?

IOW--
if wedding cake and pizza joints can refuse service to gays and get away with it, I would presume that Dick's sporting goods and Walmart &-(since they are both national companies) located in more than one state can refuse service on all gun sales to people under 21, regardless of Oregon state law.

RogerR20120424_low.jpg

You have to be 21 years old in this country to qualify for purchase of a handgun. Is that discrimination? AR-15's AK'S & others are not classified as military assault weapons or semi-automatics, they are simply classified as "rifles."
Kroger to raise age limit on gun sales to 21
they have a state law that includes age in discrimination laws

It doesn't matter if they have a state law, the U.S. Constitution will always "TRUMP" state law. IOW--if this got as far as the U.S. Supreme Court--the Oregon law would be overruled. Business's can refuse service to anyone they choose, as long as it's not about race or color. The second issue with this is that they are both national corporations, and therefore not necessarily controlled by a single state law.

You should know by now--that if wedding cake makers and pizza joints can refuse service to gays--then guns sales by private business can also be discretional according to age.
Where does the Constitution mention race or color?

I just posted it, here it is again. It's federal anti-discrimation law.

Under federal anti-discrimination laws, businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class. At the national level, protected classes include: Race or color.Mar 21, 2017
I asked you where it said that in the Constitution.
You said the Constitution would trump this state law, i am asking you how.

The U.S. Constitution has no written race or color in it. Technically according to the Constitution, a private business could refuse to serve someone of color or race, but under Federal laws of Protected classes that would be prohibited.

The kid is being funded by gun restriction advocates so they can get an easy defeat for the right of gun bunnies that empower gun restrictionists.

This is such a stupid conversation and I blame myself for replying to you. The credit card is to cover damages beyond whatever the car rental rate is, usually to fill the insurance deductible gap.

Again, this is a truly pointless and I have no idea why I'm responding to such a waste of time.
is it refusing service or not? Cash vs credit card.

Did someone ever make the point that a business can never refuse service? Again, pointless.
well yes they are. It's going to SCOTUS

Well yes they are make the point that a business can never refuse service? What?

It's hilarious--these right wing nut cases were all over this board defending a pizza joint's refusal to serve a gay wedding. Citing the same law I am--that they all of a sudden don't remember it exists--:auiqs.jpg:

Under federal anti-discrimination laws, businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class. At the national level, protected classes include: Race or color.Mar 21, 2017

daffy+duck+stupid+people+and+aliens.jpg

They are consistently inconsistent to say the least.

Did someone ever make the point that a business can never refuse service? Again, pointless.

Well yes they are make the point that a business can never refuse service? What?

It's hilarious--these right wing nut cases were all over this board defending a pizza joint's refusal to serve a gay wedding. Citing the same law I am--that they all of a sudden don't remember it exists--:auiqs.jpg:

They are consistently inconsistent to say the least.

No kidding--right wingers have always had very selective reading, hearing, and memory comprehension depending on what they WANT.:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
refusing service is refusing service.

Whatever that means.
why does it matter why one refuses service? refusing it is still refusing it. then one can never refuse service

I know I'm going to regret this. So, you're point is that no one should be refused service, ever?
Nope. Never. Unless it is coming from the government.

That's a very idiotic and radical point of view.
so telling people what they must do with their own property isnt radical? :lol:

It doesn't matter if they have a state law, the U.S. Constitution will always "TRUMP" state law. IOW--if this got as far as the U.S. Supreme Court--the Oregon law would be overruled. Business's can refuse service to anyone they choose, as long as it's not about race or color. The second issue with this is that they are both national corporations, and therefore not necessarily controlled by a single state law.

You should know by now--that if wedding cake makers and pizza joints can refuse service to gays--then guns sales by private business can also be discretional according to age.

The U.S. Constitution has no written race or color in it. Technically according to the Constitution, a private business could refuse to serve someone of color or race, but under Federal laws of Protected classes that would be prohibited.
Glad you are learning, grasshopper.

You dont seem to understand the situation very well
How so??? If rental car businesses can legally refuse to rent to those under 25 why can't Dicks do the same?
Renting cars involves signing a contract. They way i understand it is, all but 2 states allow rental car companies to set their own standards.

What does 'signing a contract' have to do with it?

What does having a credit card have to do with it, try renting a car without one, most rental car companies won't even accept cash.

I'm really tired of the non sequitur questions in this thread.

We're talking about contracts, US currency says it's good for all debts, public and private. How can a company refuse to accept it?

They actually can be used to protect the young, as in cases where some car rental companies wouldn't rent to anyone under 25.
Is there a law in Oregon that makes it illegal to rent a car to someone under 25?
If there is not, then maybe Dicks has a fighting chance???

As I said in the other thread about Dick's: They're done.

Apparently they didn't learn from "The Sports Authority" doing the same thing and were out of business within 2 years.

The difference is that a baker is an artist, and as such has to craft the item desired by the customer.

That's incorrect. The gay couple didn't ask the baker to create a unique cake, they simply ordered a cake that the baker already makes, they didn't ask for anything additional or creative. Basically, they ordered a product.

Contracted, not point of sale.

PA law shouldn't apply in this narrow case.

So if a gay person orders a Whopper at BK, they have to sell it to him, but if a gay person orders a Whopper without cheese,

BK can refuse because they don't do special orders for gays?

lol

Only if they order a special gay burger and want the restaurant to deliver, when the restaurant doesn't do gay burgers.

Totally doesn't match up with the bakery but OK.

Sure it does, faghadist wanted a special order the bakery didn't offer.

This is such a stupid conversation and I blame myself for replying to you. The credit card is to cover damages beyond whatever the car rental rate is, usually to fill the insurance deductible gap.

Again, this is a truly pointless and I have no idea why I'm responding to such a waste of time.

It's hilarious--these right wing nut cases were all over this board defending a pizza joint's refusal to serve a gay wedding. Citing the same law I am--that now, they all of a sudden don't remember it exists--:auiqs.jpg:

The right wingers don’t like hypocrisy. The bakers should be able to send customers to another bakery as should wal mart be able to send customers somewhere else to buy guns.

Whatever that means.
why does it matter why one refuses service? refusing it is still refusing it. then one can never refuse service

I know I'm going to regret this. So, you're point is that no one should be refused service, ever?

No, its not radical. You have to register your car, if you own a restaurant you must keep it clean in order to serve the public. If you have employees your place of business must be safe for them. You can't not serve minorities because they are minorities in your place of business. You have to pay taxes with your profits.

Again, why do I waste my time?

That's incorrect. The gay couple didn't ask the baker to create a unique cake, they simply ordered a cake that the baker already makes, they didn't ask for anything additional or creative. Basically, they ordered a product.

Contracted, not point of sale.

PA law shouldn't apply in this narrow case.

So if a gay person orders a Whopper at BK, they have to sell it to him, but if a gay person orders a Whopper without cheese,

BK can refuse because they don't do special orders for gays?

lol

Only if they order a special gay burger and want the restaurant to deliver, when the restaurant doesn't do gay burgers.

Totally doesn't match up with the bakery but OK.

Sure it does, faghadist wanted a special order the bakery didn't offer.

In Colorado? No, I believe they were looking through a photo album of cakes provided by the baker. Nothing gayer than calling people fags btw. You might as well scream it from the rooftops that you're in denial.

No, its not radical. You have to register your car, if you own a restaurant you must keep it clean in order to serve the public. If you have employees your place of business must be safe for them. You can't not serve minorities because they are minorities in your place of business. You have to pay taxes with your profits.

Minorities should be able to tell the majority to fuck if they want.
Im sorry, i just cant understand the pinko ideology behind their lack of respect for private property.

Im sorry, i just cant understand the pinko ideology behind their lack of respect for private property.

You know that moment when the drugs where off? Get back to me then.

And such a law is unconstitutional. The Constitution says everyone has the same protections under the law...but a “protected class” is getting protections that other classes are not, thus there is not equal protection

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You just want to defend your bullshit fascism.
Its ok. Its happens constantly.

No, you're really just not making much sense.

it's not that complex.

The Christian bakers should be able to send away business and WAL MART should be able to send away business.

Why do so many of you want the government to rule EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF your lives?

No, you're really just not making much sense.
How am i not making sense?
I dont believe the fed govt has a right to tell businesses what to do with their own private property.
I disagree with the states doing it but at least its Constitutional.

Forum List

Back