Dicks and Walmart getting sued HAHA

A quick search tells me that there are at least 62 stores in the Portland Oregon area that sell guns and are not Dick's or Walmart.

So, just as I say to the same sex couples suing bakers and florists and any other service provider who refuses them service, go the fuck somewhere else. Don't sue them, the courts are busy enough and in the end, it's not like you're going to go back to them for your wedding cake.

nope, i'm saying any business can refuse anyone service. just the opposite. I'm saying the left is from the position that no one can refuse service, except if it's ok with them. LOL

Business can put restrictions on sales that are not of a discriminatory manner, which means against people of a protected class.

Age (under 40) is not a protected class.

And people who sell dangerous products should be more careful who they sell them to. Take the people who sold Justin Bieber a Lamborgini, that soon after getting it he crashed it, putting himself in the hospital I would never sell a driver that young, a car that fast.
Guns are not dangerous. You are.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/assistant-general-manager-at-krispy-kreme-615650820

Assistant General Manager

Krispy Kreme
Wake Forest, NC, US

Qualifications

Essential skills and Experience:

• High school or GED required
  • Experience with sales, management,
  • Must be at least 21 years of age
  • production, and customer service
  • Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
  • Pleasant disposition, sociable, accommodating nature, and enthusiasm
  • Self-motivation, creativity, and adaptability
  • Basic computer, telephone, and fax knowledge
How can a company require a minimum age other than 18? That's discrimination I tell you,. Everybody applying who's under 21 should sue their pants off.
Does NC have a PA law for age?

I don't see how they can refuse to hire anybody under 21 years old. If you can work anywhere else. Sounds like it would be illegal everywhere. So why isn't it?

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/assistant-general-manager-at-krispy-kreme-615650820

Assistant General Manager

Krispy Kreme
Wake Forest, NC, US

Qualifications

Essential skills and Experience:

• High school or GED required
  • Experience with sales, management,
  • Must be at least 21 years of age
  • production, and customer service
  • Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
  • Pleasant disposition, sociable, accommodating nature, and enthusiasm
  • Self-motivation, creativity, and adaptability
  • Basic computer, telephone, and fax knowledge
How can a company require a minimum age other than 18? That's discrimination I tell you,. Everybody applying who's under 21 should sue their pants off.
Does NC have a PA law for age?

I don't see how they can refuse to hire anybody under 21 years old. If you can work anywhere else. Sounds like it would be illegal everywhere. So why isn't it?
Lol have a wonderful evening

why does it matter why one refuses service? refusing it is still refusing it. then one can never refuse service

I know I'm going to regret this. So, you're point is that no one should be refused service, ever?
Nope. Never. Unless it is coming from the government.

That's a very idiotic and radical point of view.
so telling people what they must do with their own property isnt radical? :lol:

No, its not radical. You have to register your car, if you own a restaurant you must keep it clean in order to serve the public. If you have employees your place of business must be safe for them. You can't not serve minorities because they are minorities in your place of business. You have to pay taxes with your profits.

Again, why do I waste my time?
don't you think schools should keep our children safe?

WALMART sells alcohol and cigarettes....but not long rifles?

LOL

Because WALMART CARES ABOUT PEOPLE'S WELL BEING!! :113:

nope, i'm saying any business can refuse anyone service. just the opposite. I'm saying the left is from the position that no one can refuse service, except if it's ok with them. LOL

Business can put restrictions on sales that are not of a discriminatory manner, which means against people of a protected class.

Age (under 40) is not a protected class.

And people who sell dangerous products should be more careful who they sell them to. Take the people who sold Justin Bieber a Lamborgini, that soon after getting it he crashed it, putting himself in the hospital I would never sell a driver that young, a car that fast.
18 year olds fight wars. I call them a protected class. Veterans.

it's not that complex.

The Christian bakers should be able to send away business and WAL MART should be able to send away business.

Why do so many of you want the government to rule EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF your lives?

If you're going to have a law, it has to be applied equally.

I don't want the law. get the government out of private business.

G0eDI3S-e1445814668170.jpg

yeah, today its gays, tomorrow blacks... the next day Hispanics.... anyone the hate filled white supremacist trumploons don't like.

no one is beating them over the head. they can stop working in a field that offends them.

oops
clueless in Seattle?

trumpscum say what?
so you're a trumpscum? LOL you said the word.

Walmart and Dicks really screwed up.

Did anybody read the whole law that's been only partiallyl quoted?

Chapter 659A

659A.403 Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.

(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not prohibit:

(a) The enforcement of laws governing the consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors and the frequenting by minors of places of public accommodation where alcoholic beverages are served;

(b) The enforcement of laws governing the use of marijuana items, as defined in ORS 475B.015, by persons under 21 years of age and the frequenting by persons under 21 years of age of places of public accommodation where marijuana items are sold; or

(c) The offering of special rates or services to persons 50 years of age or older.

(3) It is an unlawful practice for any person to deny full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation in violation of this section.

The only age they talk about in that section is 21 years old, and 50 years old.

"But the bakers advertise that they do 'wedding cakes'. If same sex marriage is legal and entitled to equal protection under the law,
it is unconstitutional to single out same sex marriage for discrimination." ...Regarding: Masterpiece Cakeshop vs. The Colorado Civil Rights Commission at the Supreme Court USA now: At the time of refusal to make a cake for a gay wedding, same sex marriage was not legal nor "recognized" in the state of Colorado back then until later when Obergefell SCOTUS case made this marriage legal in all the states...Looks like some of the Oregon law is mentioned above. NO DOUBT that the parents consulted with a lawyer before making the claim.

WALMART sells alcohol and cigarettes....but not long rifles?

LOL

Because WALMART CARES ABOUT PEOPLE'S WELL BEING!! :113:

Let me guess. You shop at places that sell alcohol and cigarettes and not guns all the time.

Do I have to hire fat and ugly chicks at my strip club?

Gay men?

What if I own a female strip club, but fat ugly men apply?
What if I own a gay strip club and fat ugly females apply?

Last edited:
Do I have to hire fat and ugly chicks at my strip club?

Gay men?

What if I own a female strip club, but fat ugly men apply?
What if I own a gay strip club and fat ugly females apply?

What if you have an IQ of 24 and really don't know the answers to your moronic questions?

Walmart and Dicks really screwed up.

Did anybody read the whole law that's been only partiallyl quoted?

Chapter 659A

659A.403 Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.

(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not prohibit:

(a) The enforcement of laws governing the consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors and the frequenting by minors of places of public accommodation where alcoholic beverages are served;

(b) The enforcement of laws governing the use of marijuana items, as defined in ORS 475B.015, by persons under 21 years of age and the frequenting by persons under 21 years of age of places of public accommodation where marijuana items are sold; or

(c) The offering of special rates or services to persons 50 years of age or older.

(3) It is an unlawful practice for any person to deny full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation in violation of this section.

The only age they talk about in that section is 21 years old, and 50 years old.
LOL
21 years of age is about POT
You fucking BOLDED the part that explains why they are getting sued FFS
Where do they find you people?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.aad35c23c783
PORTLAND, Ore. — An Oregon man filed suits Monday claiming Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart discriminated against the 20-year-old when they refused to sell him a rifle.

Dick’s and Walmart restricted gun sales to adults 21 and older in the wake of the Florida high school massacre. The 19-year-old accused in the school slaying bought the AR-15 used in the attack legally.

Oregon law allows residents to buy shotguns or rifles starting at age 18.

Watson is asking judges to force Dick’s and Walmart “to stop unlawfully discriminating against 18, 19, and 20 year-old customers at all Oregon locations.” Additionally, he is asking for unspecified punitive damages.
-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹
Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.
Looks like those fascist PA laws are coming back to haunt some people :badgrin:

Does Oregon law require businesses to sell guns.

Then no case.

Are there other places that will sell to the kid?

Then really no case.

I think this dinkus should have to pay their legal bills.

How about that?

Forum List

Back