Desantis stands by his statement suggesting Trump supporters are a cult of personality ("listless vessels)

Conservative from Georgia

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2018
There was some backlash after Desantis called out Trump supporters for their sheep-like behavior.
I'm surprised Desantis defended his remarks because I thought he would be afraid of Trump supporters. But at the end this was not the case.
Desantis has nothing to lose because he was extremely far behind Trump in the polls behind the remarks. It's not like he's now "doomed". He always was. I think now he's just speaking his mind:

He is throwing a Hail Mary even before his first debate. I'm not sure why he took such an approach.
I think he's betting on Trump being disqualified or dropping out. Either way, he won't be getting Trump supporters on his team. He'll look back in a few years and realize just how badly he blew up his political career. Oh well...

I think he's betting on Trump being disqualified or dropping out. Either way, he won't be getting Trump supporters on his team. He'll look back in a few years and realize just how badly he blew up his political career. Oh well...
Precisely. What does he think will happen? Dem supporters will say "I like the courage of this man, I am going to vote for him!". He might cost himself Florida at this rate, it makes zero sense to me. I am a simple man though so what do I know?

Any republican that gets entangled with Trump in any way, whether they're pro or anti Trump, is basically ending their political career

From what I have observed, the people who are die-hard Trumpers know less about poilitics, to say nothing of the world, than any other voting base in the United States. I wouldn't so much call them "listless vessels", as I believe the fuedal term "vassals" to be more appropriate.

Sorry bout that,

1. He is speaking out of his ass, its over for him.
2. The next to fall will be the next one.
3. Ole Fat Ass, likely.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Might as well throw a Hail Mary and call Trump supporters a cult

Sounds like DeSantis has fucked his way out of a cushy ambassadorship to Turks and Caicos in 2025.

Meanwhile, he's been horse-fucking the dims in FL for years now, so we'll show him some love.

There was some backlash after Desantis called out Trump supporters for their sheep-like behavior.
I'm surprised Desantis defended his remarks because I thought he would be afraid of Trump supporters. But at the end this was not the case.
Desantis has nothing to lose because he was extremely far behind Trump in the polls behind the remarks. It's not like he's now "doomed". He always was. I think now he's just speaking his mind:

Did DeSantis go woke?!? :biggrin:

He should have waited until 2028

DeSantis is looking more like a neocon every day.
All he and the other candidates have to do is tell us their agendas. We know them now. It is simple. To give DeSantis the benefit of the about, the Progs want to destroy him. Only he can tell us different.

Forum List

Back