Desantis stands by his statement suggesting Trump supporters are a cult of personality ("listless vessels)

I think he's betting on Trump being disqualified or dropping out. Either way, he won't be getting Trump supporters on his team. He'll look back in a few years and realize just how badly he blew up his political career. Oh well...
Or, he is telling the truth as he sees it and then comes across as a honest man.

Trump supporters are, in truth, blind supporters. They follow only one principled value and toss aside all others.

The real question becomes, if Trump does not make the nomination, will you vote for DeSantis if he is the choice?

If you say no, then he hasn't lost anything.

Yet, as much as I detest polls, we see in many polls that Biden has high negative numbers among independents. Meaning that people have a very high negative opinion of him.

What we also see is that Trump has even higher negative numbers. So, in a race of independents -- you know, those who will determine the outcome of the next election -- that Biden will likely win that contest.

The left won't vote for DeSantis because he stands in the way of their power grab. So they can be discarded entirely. However, DeStantis is staying to the right for the base of the GOP, which will put him in good standing with many of the GOP, minus the never-DeSantis crowd.

If he comes across as genuine (which he does) and reliable (which he does), honest (which he is), and has a meager negative number with independents, then he stands a significantly better chance of beating Biden.

So, is he really harming his chances by speaking the truth?

Or, he is telling the truth as he sees it and then comes across as a honest man.

Trump supporters are, in truth, blind supporters. They follow only one principled value and toss aside all others.

The real question becomes, if Trump does not make the nomination, will you vote for DeSantis if he is the choice?

Yet, as much as I detest polls, we see in many polls that Biden has high negative numbers among independents. Meaning that people have a very high negative opinion of him.

What we also see is that Trump has even higher negative numbers. So, in a race of independents -- you know, those who will determine the outcome of the next election -- that Biden will likely win that contest.

The left won't vote for DeSantis because he stands in the way of their power grab. So they can be discarded entirely. However, DeStantis is staying to the right for the base of the GOP, which will put him in good standing with many of the GOP, minus the never-DeSantis crowd.

If he comes across as genuine (which he does) and reliable (which he does), honest (which he is), and has a meager negative number with independents, then he stands a significantly better chance of beating Biden.

Oh do tell. What single principle would that be?

Say, speak of blind supporters, remind me, who voted for dementia and giggles to run a country? Just wonderin'

DeSantis gets full credit for telling The Truth in this instance... good on him... :cool:
What make Trump supporters a cultist and you not a cultist? You parrot what the democrat control cult media says. You defend Jo Biden without any thought to what you're defending. You and those like you are cultists

Oh do tell. What single principle would that be?

Say, speak of blind supporters, remind me, who voted for dementia and giggles to run a country? Just wonderin'
If you're trying to say that I voted for Biden, then you are about as stupid as they come since everyone knows I didn't.

That single principle is "loyalty at all costs" to Trump, even though Trump does not exhibit that principle at to any degree at all.

DeSantis has, as governor, stuck to and accomplished every single item of his agenda in Florida AND remained true to his principals doing so.

He stood for parents against the Marxists and is winning.
He stood against the grooming of children in the schools.
He stood for the people against Woke corporations attempting to influence a duly elected government.
He stood for election integrity to ensure that the people have faith in their election process.
He stood against the invasion of America by foreign countries and anti-American immigration policy.
He stuck it to the Marxists by shipping the invaders of our country to the so-called 'Sanctuary Cities," thereby exposing their hypocrisy.
He's enacted sound and responsible public health policy with sound science.
He's been conservative fiscally, socially, and governmentally.

Trump isn't even loyal to the people around him, nor does he have workable solutions to many of the issues we face today, not even fiscal responsibility. He never met a budget he hasn't liked, unless it was a budget that cut spending.

There was some backlash after Desantis called out Trump supporters for their sheep-like behavior.
I'm surprised Desantis defended his remarks because I thought he would be afraid of Trump supporters. But at the end this was not the case.
Desantis has nothing to lose because he was extremely far behind Trump in the polls behind the remarks. It's not like he's now "doomed". He always was. I think now he's just speaking his mind:

Doubling down, eh. Guess he wants a quick death now and not drag this out any longer.

If you're trying to say that I voted for Biden, then you are about as stupid as they come since everyone knows I didn't.

That single principle is "loyalty at all costs" to Trump, even though Trump does not exhibit that principle at to any degree at all.

DeSantis has, as governor, stuck to and accomplished every single item of his agenda in Florida AND remained true to his principals doing so.

He stood for the people against Woke corporations attempting to influence a duly elected government.
He stood for election integrity to ensure that the people have faith in their election process.
He stood against the invasion of America by foreign countries and anti-American immigration policy.
He stuck it to the Marxists by shipping the invaders of our country to the so-called 'Sanctuary Cities," thereby exposing their hypocrisy.

Trump isn't even loyal to the people around him, nor does he have workable solutions to many of the issues we face today, not even fiscal responsibility. He never met a budget he hasn't liked, unless it was a budget that cut spending.

If you're trying to say that I voted for Biden, then you are about as stupid as they come since everyone knows I didn't. "everyone knows" is code for insecurity.

That single principle is "loyalty at all costs" to Trump, even though Trump does not exhibit that principle at to any degree at all. Is this where we assume the left's narrations surrounding Trump are true? You mentioned stupid.

DeSantis has, as governor, stuck to and accomplished every single item of his agenda in Florida AND remained true to his principals doing so. And Trump has proved to be a success and his words are generally dead-on.

He stood for parents against the Marxists and is winning. Neat

He stood for the people against Woke corporations attempting to influence a duly elected government. Neat
He stood for election integrity to ensure that the people have faith in their election process. Neat
He stood against the invasion of America by foreign countries and anti-American immigration policy. Neat
He stuck it to the Marxists by shipping the invaders of our country to the so-called 'Sanctuary Cities," thereby exposing their hypocrisy. Neat
He's enacted sound and responsible public health policy with sound science. Neat
He's been conservative fiscally, socially, and governmentally. Neat

Trump isn't even loyal to the people around him, nor does he have workable solutions to many of the issues we face today, not even fiscal responsibility. You would hope.

He never met a budget he hasn't liked, unless it was a budget that cut spending. Paid for by a DeSantis supporter.

Politically it is a bad decision. If he is resigned to the fact he will lose but is hoping to garner some deep pocket support before he cashes in his chips,.well,.I guess it's a calculation. . He probably wants to use it as a wedge issue before the debates, challenge others to speak the same to show their character etc. He could have been critical of Trump and accomplished the same,, say publicly, "Im not running for second". Instead, he insuilts the voters. Not even Trump was that arrogant, he understands Game Theory.

He stood against the grooming of children in the schools.

One thing about the governor. He rules with a massive majority of Republican State Reps and State Senators. Huge majorities. Somewhat like California with their huge prog majorities. We have to know his views on America first, Ukraine, globalism and other agendas.

Politically it is a bad decision. If he is resigned to the fact he will lose but is hoping to garner some deep pocket support before he cashes in his chips,.well,.I guess it's a calculation. . He probably wants to use it as a wedge issue before the debates, challenge others to speak the same to show their character etc. He could have been critical of Trump and accomplished the same,, say publicly, "Im not running for second". Instead, he insuilts the voters. Not even Trump was that arrogant, he understands Game Theory.
When Trump said that he loves the poorly educated did you think that was a compliment?

There was some backlash after Desantis called out Trump supporters for their sheep-like behavior.
I'm surprised Desantis defended his remarks because I thought he would be afraid of Trump supporters. But at the end this was not the case.
Desantis has nothing to lose because he was extremely far behind Trump in the polls behind the remarks. It's not like he's now "doomed". He always was. I think now he's just speaking his mind:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!!!!

This asshole is not even a good troll.

If you're trying to say that I voted for Biden, then you are about as stupid as they come since everyone knows I didn't. "everyone knows" is code for insecurity.

That single principle is "loyalty at all costs" to Trump, even though Trump does not exhibit that principle at to any degree at all. Is this where we assume the left's narrations surrounding Trump are true? You mentioned stupid.

DeSantis has, as governor, stuck to and accomplished every single item of his agenda in Florida AND remained true to his principals doing so. And Trump has proved to be a success and his words are generally dead-on.

He stood for parents against the Marxists and is winning. Neat

He stood for the people against Woke corporations attempting to influence a duly elected government. Neat
He stood for election integrity to ensure that the people have faith in their election process. Neat
He stood against the invasion of America by foreign countries and anti-American immigration policy. Neat
He stuck it to the Marxists by shipping the invaders of our country to the so-called 'Sanctuary Cities," thereby exposing their hypocrisy. Neat
He's enacted sound and responsible public health policy with sound science. Neat
He's been conservative fiscally, socially, and governmentally. Neat

Trump isn't even loyal to the people around him, nor does he have workable solutions to many of the issues we face today, not even fiscal responsibility. You would hope.

He never met a budget he hasn't liked, unless it was a budget that cut spending. Paid for by a DeSantis supporter.
So, I'm not speaking about the "Lefts" narration around Trump. Those are clear-eyes evaluations.

Trump has proved to be successful; how and in what? He managed to get some good SCOTUS judges appointed.
That is more timing, but I give him credit for that because that has already saved our asses a few times.

Trump succeeded in slowing the invasion rate but failed to cement a solid solution for the border. He was 'half' successful.

Trump managed to eliminate a great many regulations that applied downward pressure to our economy, which helped to bring about a much better prosperity than Obama ever managed to do, but a clear-eyed look at that economy saw that it was growing before Trump and he just accelerated it, but wasn't instrumental in its foundation.

He whined about the first budget in his administration but caved to the left anyway and then, never again, fought to reduce the out-of-control spending in this country.

His Covid response was vapid in the extreme, he caved and bowed down ot the left in his response and in an effort to make himself look good, he rushed a pharma solution into existence that has done a great deal of harm.

As mentioned, he has never exhibited any level of loyalty to the people around him and demands blind loyalty to his person, policies, and beliefs.

He is the quintessential narcist who is really only surpassed by people like Hilary Clinton and that clown from CNN that used to fight him in pressers. I can't even remember his name. Oh, Jim Acostas.

Trump brings no forethought to dealing with his political opponents. He just lashes out when he thinks he's attacked and has zero control over his own tongue.

Yeah, it's pretty much no contest. DeSantis is head and shoulders.

I disagree. We are 12+ months before the next election and 6 yo 7 months from naming a nominee. I think that Trump is going to fall rapidly.

The question becomes, who will vote for DeSantis if Trump isn't the nominee?

I didn't think he had the balls.

One thing about the governor. He rules with a massive majority of Republican State Reps and State Senators. Huge majorities. Somewhat like California with their huge prog majorities. We have to know his views on America first, Ukraine, globalism and other agendas.
Agreed. We know he is an "America First" politician, but we don't know how he will handle foreign policy and to be honest, that is the main job of the President. Not this domestic stuff.

Hard core politics, no need to get hysterical about it. The intent by the MSM of course is to try to split the republican party. No word of course from media sources and democrats criticizing old Joe for falling asleep during the Hawaii fire memorial ceremonies.

Forum List

Back