DeSantis Deploys Flame Thrower and Goes After Twitter Board

Twitter isn't a fiduciary numbnuts.

You need to read the article to understand the point. They have a reaponbility to share holders and what's in their best interest. The state of Florida is invested in Twitter for part of it's pension plan, much like if you have a 401k then your money is invested in companies to earn you money.

DeSantis is going after another company now?

This is dangerous. I understand his rationale, but the reality is that John Q. Public is going to look at DeSantis and see someone who used the power of the State to go after companies he doesn't like...

A lot of the public isn't dumb and they know he isn't "going after companies he doesn't like" he is going after companies that are a threat to what America is and stands for, he does so for the good of the people.

You're right, skews did it, but you chimed in to support him.

God, you just keep getting more stupid.

I did nothing of the sort. I simply pointed out YOUR idiocy.

We're still waiting for you to explain how Twitter has a "judiciary" responsibility to anyone. You're such a coward loser that you can't even acknowledge your own stupid mistake...

You need to read the article to understand the point. They have a reaponbility to share holders and what's in their best interest. The state of Florida is invested in Twitter for part of it's pension plan, much like if you have a 401k then your money is invested in companies to earn you money.

But that doesn't mean they have to sell to whoever offers them a lot of money. If the powers-that-be at Twitter believe that Musk would ruin Twitter, then that wouldn't be very good for Twitter's stockholders, and the board would have to act with that belief in mind, wouldn't it? A one-time financial gain through the sale of the company could prove more costly to stock holders than its benefit...

A lot of the public isn't dumb and they know he isn't "going after companies he doesn't like" he is going after companies that are a threat to what America is and stands for, he does so for the good of the people.

Do you honestly see Twitter as a threat to what America is?

I mean, really?

I don't play into hysteria. I don't believe Disney is trying to "groom" kids to be transgender and I don't believe Twitter is a threat to America. I don't believe that rational, sane adults believe that at all. But, given the nature of an internet forum, it's easy to shout that the sky is falling because, simply put, there are no ramifications to doing that...

I don't see who the twitter oligarchs are going to maintain control after this:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is threatening to sue Twitter’s board of directors if it doesn’t take the best buy-out offer from tech billionaire Elon Musk.
DeSantis announced today that because Florida’s pension plan is invested in Twitter, he has standing to sue the board for breaching its fiduciary duty to do what’s best for shareholders.
The Tesla billionaire offered to buy Twitter for $43 billion, but the board of directors activated a “poison pill” to kill the deal.
DeSantis says he’s “looking at ways the state of Florida potentially can be holding these Twitter board of directors accountable for breaching their fiduciary duty.” He says his is not a benign threat because his state owns shares of Twitter. “I didn’t buy it [and] we have people that run the fund,” said the Florida Republican, but he said Twitter has some explaining to do. “[Twitter] hasn’t exactly been great on returns on investment; it has been pretty stagnant for many, many years. To me, I think that is probably an injury to the fund.”

So let me get this straight. As a publicly traded company Twitter is controlled by oligarchs, but DeSantis using the power of the state to put the company into the hands of one individual is....free market economics?

If the state of Florida wants to sell its shares of Twitter to Musk, they should do so. Nothing is stopping them. But the board does have an obligation to the company's shareholders, and forcing them to sell to Musk isn't part of it.

So let me get this straight. As a publicly traded company Twitter is controlled by oligarchs, but DeSantis using the power of the state to put the company into the hands of one individual is....free market economics?
What company is Desantis putting into the hands of one individual, and who is that individual?

Forum List

Back