Ron Desantis, slow and steady beats Trump.....

This is key.

Everyone knows Trump has a floor, he will get certain voters regardless of what happens. Despite what some of his delusional fans think, it was not enough so he must bridge to the independents, fence sitters, and republican voters who don't care enough to make the effort on election day.

Trump needs to raise his ceiling, and he is doing none of that. The opportunity is there as plenty of independents and fence sitters are skeptical of voting for someone Biden's age, but running your campaign around promises of revenge on the scum and vermin is not going to draw in any of them. Continuing to focus on claims of a stolen election won't attract any new voters either. He is only campaigning towards the group that has already established his floor voting percentage on election day.

Once again TRUMP has brought in more voters in all demographics than ANY OTHER REPUBLICAN!!!

TRUMP got more votes than ANY OTHER REPUBLICAN, so your points don't hold up with the facts.

As for DeSantis

1&3- Democrats will use the issue of abortion against him.
2- Independents aren't showing up for DeSantis
3&4- Once again DeSantis has no strong support outside of the never-TRUMPers.
5- Not sure where you're getting TRUMP is ignoring the issues you listed.
6- TRUMP is ahead of DeSantis by over 30 points in Florida.

The fact that he drove democrat turn out in 2020 shows he doesn't get enough.

Once again TRUMP has brought in more voters in all demographics than ANY OTHER REPUBLICAN!!!
I'm not sure why you think this refutes any of what I said.

Trump having his core supporters, and those core supporters being more numerous than republican voters supporting other candidates, doesn't make it enough to win a general election. He needs to attract more of the 8-12% who are either currently undecided or currently unwilling to make the effort to vote on election day.

Despite recent polls the math is tough for him, he can win a couple of those close states and still lose the election, there is very little margin for error for him. Promising to avenge yourself against your enemies as first order of business if elected isn't a good strategy to attract them.

TRUMP got more votes than ANY OTHER REPUBLICAN, so your points don't hold up with the facts.

As for DeSantis

1&3- Democrats will use the issue of abortion against him.
2- Independents aren't showing up for DeSantis
3&4- Once again DeSantis has no strong support outside of the never-TRUMPers.
5- Not sure where you're getting TRUMP is ignoring the issues you listed.
6- TRUMP is ahead of DeSantis by over 30 points in Florida.
Hellokitty, the Orange Zero has to get more votes than the Democrat is what you forget.

Trump has lost not gained votes since 2020.

Trump can't win because....

1) women hate him and won't vote for him

2) Independents don't like him, and when he is convicted by a democrat party jury, fair or not, that conviction will be believed by even more independents who will use that to not vote for him.

3) Trump drives democrat turn out like no other republican candidate. Democrats who may not vote because they don't like biden, will turn out in massive numbers to vote against Trump.

4) Trump is only talking to the 39% of republicans who voted for him the last time, he is not attempting to draw in new voters to vote for him.

5) He isn't putting out a case for why he should be elected other than payback for the last election

6) He isn't working 24/7 to secure the ballot in the states where the democrats illegally changed the rules for voting.

Just those 3 items.....

1) Desantis isn't hated by women...and his family is really nice. He will not drive away normal women voters the way Trump does.

2) Independents don't hate Desantis, and will give Desantis a look since he is not Trump. He will not be convicted of felonies and so independents will have no reason to not vote for him over biden.

3) Desantis does not drive democrat party turn out the way Trump does. This alone gives him an advantage over Trump.

4) Desan is talking to not only all republicans, he is talking to all Americans about common issues we all care about.

5) He is putting out a case on the economy, the border, China, Ukraine, and a host of other issues Trump is just ignoring.

6) Desantis took a state turning blue, Florida, and in one term turned it into a bright Red state.......Trump has lost election cycle after election cycle....

Trump is stirring up revenge fantasies. And his flock loves it.

IMO, I don't think Trump has the support the polls are showing. This is a tactic he learned from the Ron Paul people (I was one of them)

Sign up for every poll. Infest the internet and blast Trumps name and praises everywhere. Cancel anyone with an opposing view. Argue, fight and cuss anyone within your own party (because right now, thats where the only competition is)

This is how we did it for Ron Paul. But it didn't work out. So it was all just a show. Just like Trump.

I'm still amazed at how so many republicans can support someone who spent $8 trillion in 4 years, increased the debt ceiling so many times and assaulted our 2A. No wonder he was good at being a salesman.

I'm not sure why you think this refutes any of what I said.

Trump having his core supporters, and those core supporters being more numerous than republican voters supporting other candidates, doesn't make it enough to win a general election. He needs to attract more of the 8-12% who are either currently undecided or currently unwilling to make the effort to vote on election day.

Despite recent polls the math is tough for him, he can win a couple of those close states and still lose the election, there is very little margin for error for him. Promising to avenge yourself against your enemies as first order of business if elected isn't a good strategy to attract them.

Trumps supporters LOVE his revenge fantasy.

Ron Desantis is making his move...he is a sharp guy, knows what he is doing, and of the remaining republican candidates, he has the best shot at defeating Trump and helping us save this country from the democrats....

DeSantis isn’t going anywhere. The rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated. We are less than sixty days out from the Iowa caucuses. DeSantis is getting some big donor love himself.

Advertisement
One of the big donors, Brad Martin, the vice chairman of FedEx and co-host of one of the fundraisers, said that DeSantis is the only candidate who can win and is best prepared when he does.

Trump is 40 points ahead of Desantis in the Florida primary.

Thanks to the Trump Cancel Culture.

How TF does someone like Trump, who spent $8 trillion in 4 years, increased the debt ceiling so many times and assaulted our 2A have a lead in the GOP polls?

How is that even possible?
Because Trump is not a Democrat and he is not a Republican either, which is attractive to millions. One thing many on the right do not understand is that Trump is NOT GOP and neither are the "Republican" voters. The voters determine who and what the party is, not the Republican establishment. The left really don't understand this either.

Trump is 40 points ahead of Desantis in the Florida primary.

And hilary clinton was ahead of barak obama in the primary, and she was ahead of donald Trump in the general election...

Do you have any plans on visiting her Presidential Library?

Because Trump is not a Democrat and he is not a Republican either, which is attractive to millions. One thing many on the right do not understand is that Trump is NOT GOP and neither are the "Republican" voters. The voters determine who and what the party is, not the Republican establishment. The left really don't understand this either.

Trump IS the republican party. Those of us who lean right, but are fiscally conservative, thanks to RINO's like Trump, don't have a party any longer.
We got our hopes up in 2016 because Trump campaigned on zeroing out the debt, cutting the deficit, ending the wars and foreign occupations and huge reductions in spending. How exciting for all of us. He was going to remake the Republican party. But turns out all that was all lies. And now, as it turns out, he was no better than the Republicans he replaced. Just a different breed of swamp creature, doing the same exact thing as those we wanted gone.

Obviously his supporters don't see it. But those of us who aren't loyal to politicians and party's (and are actual conservatives) see it plain as days. So my question still stands.

How does someone like Trump, who spent $8 trillion in 4 years, increased the debt ceiling so many times and assaulted our 2A have a lead in the GOP polls?

How is that even possible? How can anyone who supposedly leans right, support someone like that? Do they only identify as someone who leans right? Do they even know what it means to lean right? Because with that kind of record, there's no possible way Trump leans right.

And hilary clinton was ahead of barak obama in the primary, and she was ahead of donald Trump in the general election...

Do you have any plans on visiting her Presidential Library?
haha. I was just responding to post which claimed Desantis was doing well now. He's 40 points behind in his home state. If Florida won't vote for him, why should anyone else?

Trump IS the republican party. Those of us who lean right, but are fiscally conservative, thanks to RINO's like Trump, don't have a party any longer.
We got our hopes up in 2016 because Trump campaigned on zeroing out the debt, cutting the deficit, ending the wars and foreign occupations and huge reductions in spending. How exciting for all of us. He was going to remake the Republican party. But turns out all that was all lies. And now, as it turns out, he was no better than the Republicans he replaced. Just a different breed of swamp creature, doing the same exact thing as those we wanted gone.

Obviously his supporters don't see it. But those of us who aren't loyal to politicians and party's (and are actual conservatives) see it plain as days. So my question still stands.

How does someone like Trump, who spent $8 trillion in 4 years, increased the debt ceiling so many times and assaulted our 2A have a lead in the GOP polls?

How is that even possible? How can anyone who supposedly leans right, support someone like that? Do they only identify as someone who leans right? Do they even know what it means to lean right? Because with that kind of record, there's no possible way Trump leans right.
So, who's your choice for pres? I bet your one of those Libertarian lovers, aren't you? They can't even choose a candidate anyone knows.

haha. I was just responding to post which claimed Desantis was doing well now. He's 40 points behind in his home state. If Florida won't vote for him, why should anyone else?

Because he's to the right of Trump on most issues. Because he's got a better, more conservative executive record than Trump. He vetoed more spending than Trump.
And because Trump spent $8 trillion in 4 years, increased or suspended the debt ceiling many times, assaulted our 2A.

The reasons are obvious.

Hillary was ahead of Trump in the polls. But I wasn't about to let that be a reason I'd vote for her.
Trump was ahead of Rand Paul in the polls in 2016, and I supported Rand over Trump.

The polls seem to me as a means to influence voters. If the candidate I support is leading in the polls, it's pretty exciting. But when a RINO like Trump is leading in the polls, it's hard to get excited about it.
I remember Romney leading in the polls. UGH!!!!!!

So, who's your choice for pres? I bet your one of those Libertarian lovers, aren't you? They can't even choose a candidate anyone knows.

I'm a fiscal and constitutional conservative. Who ever fits that bill, and has a record to back it up, I'm in. I could care less if they're a 3 legged tranny from Mars.

ATM, DeSantis has a record of being an actual conservative. So he has most of my support.

I support the issues over polls, promises and charisma.

Because he's to the right of Trump on most issues. Because he's got a better, more conservative executive record than Trump. He vetoed more spending than Trump.
And because Trump spent $8 trillion in 4 years, increased or suspended the debt ceiling many times, assaulted our 2A.

The reasons are obvious.

Hillary was ahead of Trump in the polls. But I wasn't about to let that be a reason I'd vote for her.
Trump was ahead of Rand Paul in the polls in 2016, and I supported Rand over Trump.

The polls seem to me as a means to influence voters. If the candidate I support is leading in the polls, it's pretty exciting. But when a RINO like Trump is leading in the polls, it's hard to get excited about it.
I remember Romney leading in the polls. UGH!!!!!!
Ummmmm, maybe you didn't understand my post. Even Desantis's home state picks Trump by 40 points. Apparently Floridians don't agree with your points.

I'm a fiscal and constitutional conservative. Who ever fits that bill, and has a record to back it up, I'm in. I could care less if they're a 3 legged tranny from Mars.

ATM, DeSantis has a record of being an actual conservative. So he has most of my support.

I support the issues over polls, promises and charisma.
As I said in another post, most Floridians don't agree with you. They pick Trump by 40 points in Desantis's home state. If he can't get any traction there, he isn't going to be the nominee, despite your fantasies.

Ron Desantis is making his move...he is a sharp guy, knows what he is doing, and of the remaining republican candidates, he has the best shot at defeating Trump and helping us save this country from the democrats....

DeSantis isn’t going anywhere. The rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated. We are less than sixty days out from the Iowa caucuses. DeSantis is getting some big donor love himself.

Advertisement
One of the big donors, Brad Martin, the vice chairman of FedEx and co-host of one of the fundraisers, said that DeSantis is the only candidate who can win and is best prepared when he does.

Think this belongs in Satire.

Ummmmm, maybe you didn't understand my post. Even Desantis's home state picks Trump by 40 points. Apparently Floridians don't agree with your points.

Most people don't understand how inflation comes about or that the president doesn't set the fuel prices. People are morons. I can't explain why Republicans still support someone who increased the debt ceiling so many times. Or why gun & hunting gear companies are putting Trump in their ads after he assaulted the 2A.

There's so much weird crap going on in politics now a days that no one can legitimately explain. And that goes for both sides.
In 2020, the left was all in for DEI. Whites were racist, the system was racist. We were supposed to support blacks just for being black, gays just for being gays. Christianity was wrong. Old white guys have screwed the country.. And who did they elect? And old, straight, rich, white guy with racist comments in his not so distant past.

Or even better, Trump funded gender studies. Forced landlords to go without rent, (which benefitted the lazy democrat welfare sponges), tried to give blacks $500 billion in reparations, sent out covid checks like candy in a home coming parade, let antifa and BLM Kill police and burn down cities.. And yet they still hate Trump? FFS, he was better for the left than Obama was.

And yet, here us FC and CC's stand scratching our heads wonder WFT is going on with both parties. And why no one else can see it. We're not psychic. We don't have any special jedi abilities to see any of this.

Forum List

Back