DeSantis Deploys Flame Thrower and Goes After Twitter Board

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I don't see who the twitter oligarchs are going to maintain control after this:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is threatening to sue Twitter’s board of directors if it doesn’t take the best buy-out offer from tech billionaire Elon Musk.
DeSantis announced today that because Florida’s pension plan is invested in Twitter, he has standing to sue the board for breaching its fiduciary duty to do what’s best for shareholders.
The Tesla billionaire offered to buy Twitter for $43 billion, but the board of directors activated a “poison pill” to kill the deal.
DeSantis says he’s “looking at ways the state of Florida potentially can be holding these Twitter board of directors accountable for breaching their fiduciary duty.” He says his is not a benign threat because his state owns shares of Twitter. “I didn’t buy it [and] we have people that run the fund,” said the Florida Republican, but he said Twitter has some explaining to do. “[Twitter] hasn’t exactly been great on returns on investment; it has been pretty stagnant for many, many years. To me, I think that is probably an injury to the fund.”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is threatening to sue Twitter’s board of directors if it doesn’t take the best buy-out offer from tech billionaire Elon Musk.
DeSantis announced today that because Florida’s pension plan is invested in Twitter, he has standing to sue the board for breaching its fiduciary duty to do what’s best for shareholders.
The Tesla billionaire offered to buy Twitter for $43 billion, but the board of directors activated a “poison pill” to kill the deal.
DeSantis says he’s “looking at ways the state of Florida potentially can be holding these Twitter board of directors accountable for breaching their fiduciary duty.” He says his is not a benign threat because his state owns shares of Twitter. “I didn’t buy it [and] we have people that run the fund,” said the Florida Republican, but he said Twitter has some explaining to do. “[Twitter] hasn’t exactly been great on returns on investment; it has been pretty stagnant for many, many years. To me, I think that is probably an injury to the fund.”

Twitter isn't a fiduciary numbnuts.

DeSantis is going after another company now?

This is dangerous. I understand his rationale, but the reality is that John Q. Public is going to look at DeSantis and see someone who used the power of the State to go after companies he doesn't like...

You're an idiot. Twitter has a judiciary respo0\nsiblity to its shareholders. The state of Florida is a shareholder.

Dude, pro tip: If you're going to call someone an idiot, you should probably make sure that you're not saying that Twitter has a "judiciary respo0\nsiblity" [wtf?] over anyone...

Okay, so the sloppy typing is one thing.

The use of the word "judiciary" demonstrates ignorance of the word, as well as the word it was used in place of...
You demonstrated ignorance of the word by using it as a noun instead of an adjective. Unless, that is, you weren't aware that Florida owned Twitter stock.

Apparently the shareholders are putting pressure on Twitter in general.

You demonstrated ignorance of the word by using it as a noun instead of an adjective. Unless, that is, you weren't aware that Florida owned Twitter stock.

You truly are a stupid fuck, you know that?

Link to the post where I used the word "fiduciary", or where said Disney didn't own Twitter stock, and I'll buy you a fucking house. Otherwise, your apology is accepted, you stupid fuck.

Shouldn't be too difficult, hammerhead. Not like there were a ton of posts made before mine...

You truly are a stupid fuck, you know that?

Link to the post where I used the word "fiduciary", or where said Disney didn't own Twitter stock, and I'll buy you a fucking house. Otherwise, your apology is accepted, you stupid fuck.

Shouldn't be too difficult, hammerhead. Not like there were a ton of posts made before mine...
You're right, skews did it, but you chimed in to support him.

Forum List

Back