Dems want Laws changed after Rittenhouse shootings. Are vigilantes the answer? (Poll)

Do you support vigilantes policing neighborhoods when the police are unavailable?

• Yes, people have the right to protect their lives and property

Votes: 66 95.7%
  • No, criminals have every right to burn, steal, and kill.

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
We're trying to fix that. Darrell Brooks was given a very low bail for a previous felony offense so that he could engage in his hobby of running people over. If the media succeeds in portraying him as the victim instead of those he ran over, maybe he'll get probation.

If only an officer had knelt on his neck....
Ain’t that the truth

We're trying to fix that. Darrell Brooks was given a very low bail for a previous felony offense so that he could engage in his hobby of running people over. If the media succeeds in portraying him as the victim instead of those he ran over, maybe he'll get probation.

If only an officer had knelt on his neck....
The office of John Chisholm, the Milwaukee County District Attorney, has already admitted that it was a mistake to release Darrell Brooks on such low bail for previous violent crimes.

The blame lies with him. Its not anybody trying to fix anything, its the DA in waukesha being an idiot. and cash bail is a ransom.

The Wire is fiction but the life in Baltimore is harsh and it’s how many urban areas are. Failing schools (not one student proficient in math out of 13 High schools) and they voted for Elijah Cummings as their representative for 40 straight years. Drugs, guns, single parenthood, extreme poverty all very well laid out in the show. As well as corrupt politicians.

Um, Elijah Cumming was in Congress. Last time I checked, Congress didn't run the local school system.

At least you are admitting that guns, drugs and poverty are part of the problem, though. So let's be more like Europe and address those problems....

Did you ever look into that “beating”? I did. Rittenhouse was defending his younger sister from a bully that was attacking her.
He was a 17 year old boy beating up on a 14 year old girl. At least you are admitting it is him doing that in the tape.. Mormon Bob is denying it... (Then again, he denies his cult leaders FUCKED 14 year old girls.)

You are really good at attacking victims. Stores get looted? It’s the store’s fault for existing. Bully gets attacked, not her fault. Supply chain problems, blame the president that was constantly attacked by the media and the opposition for five years.

Actually, I do blame Trump for the Supply Chain problems because he fucked up every trade agreement we had with absolutely ZERO benefit... our trade deficits actually got worse on his watch and the farmers required huge bailouts when foreign companies stopped buying our crops.

Too many CRIMINALS locked up. It’s society’s fault that they broke the law.
No, it's society's fault we've decided that a Prison-Industrial complex was a great idea. We've gone from half a million people in prison in the 1980's to over 2 million in prison now, and if anything, some aspects of crime are worse. And because I am not a partisan hack, I blame both parties for this.

White people (and black, brown, yellow and red) people collecting from programs the government forced them into paying into “entitlements”. Hey here’s a newsflash for you, my friends and I saw SS as a losing proposition way back in the mid-seventies so we took steps not to be dependent on it.

I'm happy for you... but the point still stands... White people are perfectly fine with "Welfare" that benefits them, including Social Security and Medicare.

Now, yes, you shouldn't rely entirely on social security for retirement. Some people will rely on family and others will rely on their own savings... but still damned happy it is there.

For other Middle Class Entitlements/White People Welfare, it's not an issue. There's no way a 65 year old with health issues could EVER afford health insurance without Medicare paying for it. Unemployment is paid by employers not workers, with the government stepping in when you put a Republican in charge and unemployment spikes. (It's funny how those two things ALWAYS seem to go together. Meanwhile, unemployment dipped to 4.2% yesterday and it was called "disappointing")

Um, Elijah Cumming was in Congress. Last time I checked, Congress didn't run the local school system.

At least you are admitting that guns, drugs and poverty are part of the problem, though. So let's be more like Europe and address those problems....
Which country in Europe? Elijah Cummings certainly has influence. Or had. The reason for the issues are corrupt politicians and high single motherhood rate.

how does this pertain to the events of that night?
As I understand it, Rittenhouse was defending his sister from a bully. If he “beat up” a girl, why weren’t charges filed against him? It’s legal in this country to use violence to defend yourself OR OTHERS.

My point stands.

It is not COVID itself that disrupted anything.

It is abuses of power on the part of government, for which COVID was used as an excuse, that has caused these and nearly every other ill that is blamed on COVID.

The COVID virus, by itself, never had anything close to the potential to cause as much harm as the abuses perpetrated under the fraudulent guise of “protecting” us from it have caused.

Wow, I would say you are a narcissist, but then again, you think you are going to rule your own planet in the afterlife...

It wasn't just the governments that took the issue seriously. I consulted for a company during Covid that was classified as an "essential" industry during the worst part of Covid in April 2020. They sent all the office people (and consultants such as myself) home and only kept the line workers. Six times they had an employee catch Covid, and they had to shut down the entire line, bring in crews to disinfect the building. Sorry, man, people who knew these things took it seriously, and they didn't need government to tell them to do so.

Do you truly believe that the United States has a monopoly on corrupt, wannabe tyrants who are delighted by an excuse such as COVID, to seize and abuse powers that they might otherwise not be able to seize and abuse?

I think if anything, government was too slow to react, particularly ours.

Let's look at Japan. Japan has had 18K Covid deaths out of a population of 130 million. Compared to the US which has had 800K deaths out of a population of 330 million.

What did the Japanese do right that we did wrong?

Well, first, they shut down everything completely until countermeasures could be put into place. They didn't shut down parts of the country and keep other parts open. They had a national health care system that sprang into action. The Japanese also had the advantage that mask wearing was already popular in urban areas and that when Japanese people greet each other, they do the whole bowing thing instead of shaking hands or hugging.

And despite doing far better than the US in this crisis, the Prime Minister still felt obligated to resign over his handling of covid not saving everyone.

It is a bizarre thing (even for a Mormon) to insist that freedom entitles you to put other people at risk.

Which country in Europe?

Any of them... but I think that either Germany or the UK would be great examples to follow.

Elijah Cummings certainly has influence. Or had.
He didn't run the schools, that was the thing.
The reason for the issues are corrupt politicians and high single motherhood rate.
Nope. No one commits a crime because the policitians are corrupt.

They commit crimes because they have easy access to guns. They commit crimes because their mental illness goes untreated. They commit crimes because they are addicted and not getting treatment.

The Europeans have figured this out. America is the dumb kid in the class that keeps writing "2+2=Cat"

As I understand it, Rittenhouse was defending his sister from a bully. If he “beat up” a girl, why weren’t charges filed against him? It’s legal in this country to use violence to defend yourself OR OTHERS.

You do realize that most crimes don't result in an arrest or anyone getting charged, right?

The office of John Chisholm, the Milwaukee County District Attorney, has already admitted that it was a mistake to release Darrell Brooks on such low bail for previous violent crimes.

The blame lies with him. Its not anybody trying to fix anything, its the DA in waukesha being an idiot. and cash bail is a ransom.

Point well made! If someone is dangerous, they shouldn't be let out under any circumstances. If someone is not dangerous, putting up money to get out of jail for petty property or conduct crimes is ransom.

Looked like two on one and why he inserted himself

He was a 17 year old boy beating up on a 14 year old girl. At least you are admitting it is him doing that in the tape.. Mormon Bob is denying it... (Then again, he denies his cult leaders FUCKED 14 year old girls.)

Actually, I do blame Trump for the Supply Chain problems because he fucked up every trade agreement we had with absolutely ZERO benefit... our trade deficits actually got worse on his watch and the farmers required huge bailouts when foreign companies stopped buying our crops.

No, it's society's fault we've decided that a Prison-Industrial complex was a great idea. We've gone from half a million people in prison in the 1980's to over 2 million in prison now, and if anything, some aspects of crime are worse. And because I am not a partisan hack, I blame both parties for this.

I'm happy for you... but the point still stands... White people are perfectly fine with "Welfare" that benefits them, including Social Security and Medicare.

Now, yes, you shouldn't rely entirely on social security for retirement. Some people will rely on family and others will rely on their own savings... but still damned happy it is there.

For other Middle Class Entitlements/White People Welfare, it's not an issue. There's no way a 65 year old with health issues could EVER afford health insurance without Medicare paying for it. Unemployment is paid by employers not workers, with the government stepping in when you put a Republican in charge and unemployment spikes. (It's funny how those two things ALWAYS seem to go together. Meanwhile, unemployment dipped to 4.2% yesterday and it was called "disappointing")
Social security and Medicare arent entitlements just like unemployment insurance isn’t an entitlement. They are programs that people and their employers pay into their entire working lives. An entitlement is giving someone something they haven’t earned or paid into.

Having their insurance up to date is all any property owner needs to do. Hiring a goon squad has far more potential liability than most sensible business owners are willing to risk.
The problem is if a growing number of stores keep getting looted the insurance rates will be so high that no business owner can afford it. Either that or the prices of the merchandise will skyrocket. If the prices are too high in the stores pople will simply order their stuff from Amazon which will lead to more and more porch pirates.

Any of them... but I think that either Germany or the UK would be great examples to follow.

He didn't run the schools, that was the thing.

Nope. No one commits a crime because the policitians are corrupt.

They commit crimes because they have easy access to guns. They commit crimes because their mental illness goes untreated. They commit crimes because they are addicted and not getting treatment.

The Europeans have figured this out. America is the dumb kid in the class that keeps writing "2+2=Cat"

You do realize that most crimes don't result in an arrest or anyone getting charged, right?
Guns aren’t the issue. Guns are the solution for those who see them as the only way out. Politicians can help by holding schools accountable and putting more boots on the ground in terms of a police presence.

Your poll is for biased morons and will yield exactly the results you want it to because anyone with half a brain will not vote.

On the subject of your post, you've just reset the whole definition of self defense. That's gonna have wide ranging and unforeseen consequences.
Seriously? You're complaining about a satirical poll intended to highlight just how stupid, despicable and morally corrupt leftists are?
Come on, tell us. What was your first clue that it was biased? LOL.

The problem is if a growing number of stores keep getting looted the insurance rates will be so high that no business owner can afford it. Either that or the prices of the merchandise will skyrocket. If the prices are too high in the stores pople will simply order their stuff from Amazon which will lead to more and more porch pirates.
Isn’t that the looters. I’m waiting for their big take down

It wasn't just the governments that took the issue seriously. I consulted for a company during Covid that was classified as an "essential" industry during the worst part of Covid in April 2020. They sent all the office people (and consultants such as myself) home and only kept the line workers. Six times they had an employee catch Covid, and they had to shut down the entire line, bring in crews to disinfect the building. Sorry, man, people who knew these things took it seriously, and they didn't need government to tell them to do so.

None of that was necessary.

We don't resort to such extreme measures, every time someone shows up at work with aa common cold or flu.

There is nothing about COVID that makes it special, that makes it worthy of any more response than a common cold or flu, except for the massive exaggeration, fearmongering, and outright lies that have been built up around it.

It is a bizarre thing (even for a Mormon) to insist that freedom entitles you to put other people at risk.

We put one another at risk every day.

Every time I get in my car, and drive to work, there's a risk that I may make a mistake, which might cause a traffic accident, which could result in me or others being inured or killed.

I'm in construction which is an inherently dangerous line of work. Every day that I spend working at a construction site, there is a possibility that some mistake on my part might result in me or someone else being inured or killed.

Of all the dangers that I face in life, of all the dangers that I may have any part in imposing on others, COVID isn't even on the radar.

Nobody's chance of dying or being significantly harmed by COVID is anywhere close to all the other dangers that we all must face, as an unavoidable part of living.

Nobody's chance of dying or being significantly harmed by COVID is anywhere close to the dangers and actual, tangible harm, caused by the powers that we have stupidly allowed government to seize over us and to blatantly abuse, under the fraudulent guise of “protecting” us from this hyperbolized disease.

Criminals usually do. They prefer prey that are defenseless, unable to fight back.
Criminals are predators. In the wild predatory animals prefer to attack the weakest members of the herd.

At 75 with a bad hip and back and consequently a noticeable limp I am a weak member of the herd. So I legally carry a snub nosed revolver.

The problem is if a growing number of stores keep getting looted the insurance rates will be so high that no business owner can afford it. Either that or the prices of the merchandise will skyrocket. If the prices are too high in the stores pople [sic] will simply order their stuff from Amazon which will lead to more and more porch pirates.

Incel Joe likes to harp on how little value he thinks property has, compared to human lives.

Ever hear of “food deserts”? When it becomes too unprofitable for a store to remain open, what happens?

And what happens in communities where it is too unprofitable for stores to remain open? What happens to people who depend on those stores as sources from which they can buy food, and other supplies that they need to live healthy lives?

There are communities where, due to high rate of property crime (<Incel Joe>It's just property. It can be replaced. The store owners should have had insurance.</Incel Joe>) there are no grocery stores, no restaurants. Only high-priced convenience stores selling unhealthy junk food. That's a food desert. People's health, being adversely impacted, by the inability to buy healthy food as affordable prices, because high rates of property crime have driven away those that would have offered such food for sale.

Of course, that doesn't even address the livings that people could be making by owning and working in the stores that are thus prevented from existing.

None of that was necessary.

We don't resort to such extreme measures, every time someone shows up at work with aa common cold or flu.

There is nothing about COVID that makes it special, that makes it worthy of any more response than a common cold or flu, except for the massive exaggeration, fearmongering, and outright lies that have been built up around it.

We put one another at risk every day.

Every time I get in my car, and drive to work, there's a risk that I may make a mistake, which might cause a traffic accident, which could result in me or others being inured or killed.

I'm in construction which is an inherently dangerous line of work. Every day that I spend working at a construction site, there is a possibility that some mistake on my part might result in me or someone else being inured or killed.

Of all the dangers that I face in life, of all the dangers that I may have any part in imposing on others, COVID isn't even on the radar.

Nobody's chance of dying or being significantly harmed by COVID is anywhere close to all the other dangers that we all must face, as an unavoidable part of living.

Nobody's chance of dying or being significantly harmed by COVID is anywhere close to the dangers and actual, tangible harm, caused by the powers that we have stupidly allowed government to seize over us and to blatantly abuse, under the fraudulent guise of “protecting” us from this hyperbolized disease.
They imagine Wuhan as a loaded weapon

Isn’t that the looters. I’m waiting for their big take down
Hopefully someone, somewhere will find a way to stop the looters and the organized shoplifters. I think the cops would love to do it but their bosses will not back them up.

Forum List

Back