Democrats: You're not there yet.

The $1200 helps everyone, quickly, there are other plans like the additional $600 unemployment buffer that should rollout only to the unemployed.

The issue now is the government trying to figure how to get the money out faster.

The way to get money out faster to the people is to get rid of Democrats. I hope we all remember that next election.

The rest of the story.....

Democrats, led by Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, had pushed for a package totaling $500 billion, including the $250 billion in small-business funds and an additional $100 billion for hospitals and $150 billion for states and local governments.

Yes, and Republicans met him half way by allowing the spending for small business, given the fact small businesses are our largest employers in this country. But you know how Democrats are, it's either all their way, or no way at all.
Actually, the Dems want more and McConnell is cheapening out.
The matter will be resolved next week.
Yes, he's trying to keep unnecessary spending down. The point is that it's the Democrats who are holding up the works, not the Republicans.
WTF?

He is already at $2.2 trillion with no end in sight

Why are you worrying about it? You didn’t mind Obama throwing money at the economy in 2009.

The $1200 helps everyone, quickly, there are other plans like the additional $600 unemployment buffer that should rollout only to the unemployed.

The issue now is the government trying to figure how to get the money out faster.

The way to get money out faster to the people is to get rid of Democrats. I hope we all remember that next election.

Democrats, led by Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, had pushed for a package totaling $500 billion, including the $250 billion in small-business funds and an additional $100 billion for hospitals and $150 billion for states and local governments.

Yes, and Republicans met him half way by allowing the spending for small business, given the fact small businesses are our largest employers in this country. But you know how Democrats are, it's either all their way, or no way at all.
Yes, he's trying to keep unnecessary spending down. The point is that it's the Democrats who are holding up the works, not the Republicans.
WTF?

So he should allow it to go to 2.5 in order to pander to the Democrats?

You know, all the jokes about Trump followers drinking the Koolaid will have to be replaced with "Drinking the Hydroxycholoroquine"

If they have COVID-19, it might be a good choice.

I have vastly more productive things to do that drive, that's my point. Driving is a waste of time. I've often found my happiness with a job is directly related to how little time I spend driving to it.

Which is why you quit or got fired from those jobs you loved so much. Before I ran into medical problems regarding the government, I spent the last 25 working years for the same company. I didn't agree with everything they did, I didn't approve of their business model, I didn't agree with their decisions, but unlike you, I found a way to deal with it.

You don't dislike driving because it's a waste of time. You dislike driving because it's a challenge you were forced to deal with. We truck drivers are in the same boat, but don't for one minute tell me that it's so easy because driving a 75,000 lbs vehicle in a straight line is a piece of cake. As I told you long ago, you couldn't last doing my job for one week yet alone make a career out of it.

Well, True, I was doing things like 1) Getting a college degree. 2) Joining the army and becoming a non-commissioned officer, 3) advancing in my career field and 4) Starting my own business.

So, yeah, I was a landlord, realized that I really didn't like cleaning up after other people, and never looked back at it.

I love being a landlord. It has it's ups and downs like any investment, but I wouldn't trade it for the world unless I became so dIsabled that I could no longer do it.

You invested in college. Good for you. I made financial investments in real estate, and now (with disability) I will be able to live a comfortable life until my final days. I'm going to make further investments into my IRA account as long as the market is down, and if I have to retire as a landlord, that investment will carry me through.

WTF?

Why are you worrying about it? You didn’t mind Obama throwing money at the economy in 2009.
That’s the point

Investors had pulled out of the market. Employers were laying off 750,000 a month. An influx of cash was needed to stimulate the economy. Republicans bitched about $800 billion

Today, we have millions unemployed. Not because of a bad economy but because Business is shuttered due to an infectious virus. No amount of money is going to change that. Yet Trump threw $2.2 trillion at it.

WTF?

We are only just beginning. Republicans will keep throwing money at the economy up until Biden gets elected.

Then they will become fiscally conservative again and complain about the debt.

Hydroxychloroquine is showing promise in the field of helping to treat Covid-19, there are doctors in the US that are using it now and it is legal, and the FDA is running further tests. France has approved it in the treatment of the Covid-19. It seem it needs further testing but It is helping some and not others as many medications will do or not do.

Your claim is erroneous.

Again, Trump has a financial interest in the company, that's why he's pushing this quack medicine... and you cultist drink the Koolaid.

If they have COVID-19, it might be a good choice.
I'll take the advice of doctors over the idiot who got us into this mess to start with.

Which is why you quit or got fired from those jobs you loved so much. Before I ran into medical problems regarding the government, I spent the last 25 working years for the same company. I didn't agree with everything they did, I didn't approve of their business model, I didn't agree with their decisions, but unlike you, I found a way to deal with it.

Because you have no fucking ambition and you bend over and take it in the ass. I refuse to. You treat me right or I walk.

You don't dislike driving because it's a waste of time. You dislike driving because it's a challenge you were forced to deal with.

No, I dislike it because it's time consuming. Period. It consumed about 10 hours a week of useful time I could be doing other things with.

We truck drivers are in the same boat, but don't for one minute tell me that it's so easy because driving a 75,000 lbs vehicle in a straight line is a piece of cake. As I told you long ago, you couldn't last doing my job for one week yet alone make a career out of it.

I couldn't last a week or make a career out of shoveling shit, either. The good thing is, I have the skills and background where I don't have to.

You invested in college. Good for you. I made financial investments in real estate, and now (with disability) I will be able to live a comfortable life until my final days. I'm going to make further investments into my IRA account as long as the market is down, and if I have to retire as a landlord, that investment will carry me through.

yet there you are, collecting WHITE PEOPLE WELFARE when you could be working. If your rental properties are so successful, then you shouldn't need to be going to the government for a check.

I'll take the advice of doctors over the idiot who got us into this mess to start with.

So who's not taking the advice of their doctor? You need a prescription to get any medication. These are not like aspirin that you can buy in the grocery store. Trump did not get us into this mess, your comrades in China did. But I know you don't want to talk bad about one of your own kind.

yet there you are, collecting WHITE PEOPLE WELFARE when you could be working. If your rental properties are so successful, then you shouldn't need to be going to the government for a check.

Welfare is not collecting from a system that you paid into all of your life. Obviously, the government, who had my full cooperation, all my medical records, and with the approval of their disability doctor, believed just the opposite of you, who knows nothing about my medical situation. They never called me in for an interview, didn't resist in anyway, and even though approval takes 3 to 6 months, gave it to me exactly 3 months after I applied.

Given the fact you had an immediate family member who applied, and was denied, you know how strict their standards are before one can be approved. As for the apartments, I couldn't survive on that or disability alone. Together, I'm doing just fine.

WTF?

We are only just beginning. Republicans will keep throwing money at the economy up until Biden gets elected.

Then they will become fiscally conservative again and complain about the debt.

Do you bother reading the news at all? Who is it that's pushing for the fourth stimulus bill? It's not the President. Trump is telling Piglosi to back off and see how this works out first.

So who's not taking the advice of their doctor? You need a prescription to get any medication. These are not like aspirin that you can buy in the grocery store. Trump did not get us into this mess, your comrades in China did. But I know you don't want to talk bad about one of your own kind.

Trump is the one who ignored months of warnings about this, slashed the agencies to deal with such crisis, and is STILL trying to overrule the sensible people on how to deal with it. As bad as this is, Trump would make it worse left to his own devices.

Welfare is not collecting from a system that you paid into all of your life. Obviously, the government, who had my full cooperation, all my medical records, and with the approval of their disability doctor, believed just the opposite of you, who knows nothing about my medical situation. They never called me in for an interview, didn't resist in anyway, and even though approval takes 3 to 6 months, gave it to me exactly 3 months after I applied.

I'm happy for you, but it's STILL welfare buddy. Since you are relatively young, you will probably collect everything you paid into it within seven years... and you'll still come back looking for more. That's welfare, buddy. As opposed to most people who get 'traditional' welfare, who often have jobs or are only on assistance for a few years. They are also paying into the system.

Given the fact you had an immediate family member who applied, and was denied, you know how strict their standards are before one can be approved. As for the apartments, I couldn't survive on that or disability alone. Together, I'm doing just fine.

Which tells me that the standards are kind of bullshit.. but never mind. So by your own statements, you are only disallowed to drive a truck because of government regulations. My sister was LEGITIMATELY BLIND. But they thought she could do other things.

WTF?

That’s the point

Investors had pulled out of the market. Employers were laying off 750,000 a month. An influx of cash was needed to stimulate the economy. Republicans bitched about $800 billion

Today, we have millions unemployed. Not because of a bad economy but because Business is shuttered due to an infectious virus. No amount of money is going to change that. Yet Trump threw $2.2 trillion at it.

We are in a recession and almost a depression if we don't act quickly. This economy is not going to bounce right back after the Covid-19 threat disappears. The summer is a loss for the trade and tourism season. People are not going to start spending money right away, people will behind in mortgages, rent and other bills. This is going to take several months t get up and going again, this is as bad as I have seen in my life time.

WTF?

That’s the point

We are in a recession and almost a depression if we don't act quickly. This economy is not going to bounce right back after the Covid-19 threat disappears. The summer is a loss for the trade and tourism season. People are not going to start spending money right away, people will behind in mortgages, rent and other bills. This is going to take several months t get up and going again, this is as bad as I have seen in my life time.
Exactly right

That is why we should not start pumping money into the economy until it is open for business.

Hydroxychloroquine is showing promise in the field of helping to treat Covid-19, there are doctors in the US that are using it now and it is legal, and the FDA is running further tests. France has approved it in the treatment of the Covid-19. It seem it needs further testing but It is helping some and not others as many medications will do or not do.

Your claim is erroneous.

Again, Trump has a financial interest in the company, that's why he's pushing this quack medicine... and you cultist drink the Koolaid.

This is what you said:
Those would be the drugs all the doctors say shouldn't be used because that's not even what they were designed for.

So basically your response had nothing to do what was posted. Drugs are crossed used all the time and to say different because you hate a person is completely idiotic.

WTF?

That’s the point

Exactly right

That is why we should not start pumping money into the economy until it is open for business.

So in the meantime, families go without and wait to get kicked out of their homes and it's all good because we need to wait until it is over. I was against the last bail out in 2008 under Bush, because it was greedy being greedy that got the world in trouble.

This is much different, this is government preventing the spread of the virus. People in real need, need to survive through this. They need to not lose further ground because of something they can't fix on their own. Small businesses have been shuttered and the longer it takes for them to reopen, the less that will reopen. Much of this money will keep people afloat until the bans are lifted. Profits for 2020 will be gone and the employment rate will stay high because there is nothing to go back to.

I am for the poor, the families that are struggling, the small businesses that have been devastated in all of this. Big corporations are not hurting as bad as the little guys and it is the little guys that need the help, not the big corporations. Of the $2 trillion, more should have been aimed at helping the middle class, the poor and small businesses that carry America on their backs.

They quite failed with item no. 1, tried to get Trump multiple times and instead exposed themselves.

But you are quite correct, Biden is so bad candidate he may not be able to even make it to November.
LOL! trump obstructed justice at every turn then tells you idiots how the democrats had nothing. I'd like to see any of you trump loons try what trump did in a court.

Trump won while you losers cried.
Trump didn't win, and the country has lost. And we are about to lose bigly because of this idiot.
Of course he won. Wait, you thought Hillary won, said, "Never mind, I don't want it" and went into retirement? And you've been trying to convince people of that for the last 3 years? Oh, brother, read election results that aren't written in crayon next time.

Trump won the presidency by every criteria needed to win. Every single one, and let's check. Who's living in the White House? Trump. Who flies on Air Force One? Trump. Hmmm, looking good so far. Who signs legislation into law? Trump. Wow, doing great. Who can call a press conference and have the White House press corp jump like trained seals? Trump again. Man, this is one of the easiest refutations I've done in a while.

WTF?

That’s the point

Exactly right

So in the meantime, families go without and wait to get kicked out of their homes and it's all good because we need to wait until it is over. I was against the last bail out in 2008 under Bush, because it was greedy being greedy that got the world in trouble.

This is much different, this is government preventing the spread of the virus. People in real need, need to survive through this. They need to not lose further ground because of something they can't fix on their own. Small businesses have been shuttered and the longer it takes for them to reopen, the less that will reopen. Much of this money will keep people afloat until the bans are lifted. Profits for 2020 will be gone and the employment rate will stay high because there is nothing to go back to.

I am for the poor, the families that are struggling, the small businesses that have been devastated in all of this. Big corporations are not hurting as bad as the little guys and it is the little guys that need the help, not the big corporations. Of the $2 trillion, more should have been aimed at helping the middle class, the poor and small businesses that carry America on their backs.
I’ve already said we need to concentrate on those immediately affected.

Giving $1200 to those who do not need it does not help

WTF?

That’s the point

Exactly right

How do you decide who needs $1200 or not?

WTF?

That’s the point

Exactly right

How do you decide who needs $1200 or not?
Those who are out of work because of virus related closures
Those who have the disease or are taking care of someone
Business owners forced to close.
Medical care professionals

I would give them a lot more than $1200

But on the brighter side, we will get rid of Trump. So you always have to see the silver lining.

Forum List

Back