Democrats once said: “ask not what your country can do for you,ask what you can do for your country”

I think I will coin the phrase that is sure to be used by the DNC in 2020.
“Ask not what you can do for yourself, ask what others can do for you.”

WOW....mind blowing isn’t it?
That’s 180 degrees the opposite of today’s Democratic ideology isn’t it?
Do you think we will ever again hear that “tone” from Democrats?
Correction.

A Democrat said that. As in one, single solitary man. A handful of others have had similar statements or philosophies but yeah....

Do you find it odd that throughout this thread Democrats have tried to distance themselves from one of the most famous, most inspirational political phrases of all time?
As if to say, “don’t you dare accuse us of being proud patriotic Americans”
FUCKING WEIRD!

Yeah, but they mean that YOU should do that, not them. I mean, look at the guy who said it.

Tax cuts for billionaires and corporations when they are already holding trillions.

Cut veterans benefits.

Cut healthcare.

Support Russia.

These are what Republicans see as signs of patriotism and Democrats don’t. It’s just that simple.

Oh please.

Worse, Conservatives back then are the same as they are today.

How much can you squeeze out of this country before conservatives need to find someplace else to live?

André Bauer is a badass....he was on point with everything he said.
animals.jpg

We allow animals to die off to control their populations

Only conservatives want to do that with poor people

Oh please.

How much can you squeeze out of this country before conservatives need to find someplace else to live?

animals.jpg

Lies...Conservatives hate seeing anyone die...we just like the idea of extending FREEDOM to people...the freedom to control their own destiny...sometimes their destiny leads them to death. Do you hate the idea of having the freedom to control your own destiny through your own choices?
Let me guess...you want the freedom to choose right up until that point where you’ve made the wrong choice and THEN you want taxpayer interference...am I right?
(we’ve probably reached that point where you’ll want to pretend you didn’t see this post...I’ll understand)

Oh please.

animals.jpg

Na, you have it wrong about he animals. Your tax dollars are spent shooting the excess animals from helicopters and poisoning them. Same thing democrat do, just a slightly different procedure.

Oh please.

animals.jpg

Lies...Conservatives hate seeing anyone die...we just like the idea of extending FREEDOM to people...the freedom to control their own destiny...sometimes their destiny leads them to death. Do you hate the idea of having the freedom to control your own destiny through your own choices?
Let me guess...you want the freedom to choose right up until that point where you’ve made the wrong choice and THEN you want taxpayer interference...am I right?
(we’ve probably reached that point where you’ll want to pretend you didn’t see this post...I’ll understand)

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.....

Oh please.

animals.jpg

That’s confusing...are you saying you dislike freedom?

You need to explain what you think was meant by President Kennedy in doing something for our country.

What makes a country? Borders are it's people?

If the former it could mean to protect our air, water and soil, something the Republican Party ignores in favor of profit. If he meant our citizens maybe he meant to take care of each, by supporting universal health care, fair market value for labor and access to the aforementioned clean air, clean water and clean soil, as well as equal opportunities for all notwithstanding a persons color, ethnicity, religion, sex or sexual orientation.

I suppose you believe the meme that the poor, working poor and minorities seek out entitlements because the are lazy or inferior.

But I'll await your response, what do you want others to believe President Kennedy meant by this single phrase in 1961, and how you feel Donald Trump is doing, if he does anything for our country and not only for himself.

Oh please.

animals.jpg

Baaaa, Negged for a very corny ass quote.

You need to explain what you think was meant by President Kennedy in doing something for our country.

If the former it could mean to protect our air, water and soil, something the Republican Party ignores in favor of profit. If he meant our citizens maybe he meant to take care of each, by supporting universal health care, fair market value for labor and access to the aforementioned clean air, clean water and clean soil, as well as equal opportunities for all notwithstanding a persons color, ethnicity, religion, sex or sexual orientation.

I suppose you believe the meme that the poor, working poor and minorities seek out entitlements because the are lazy or inferior.

But I'll await your response, what do you want others to believe President Kennedy meant by this single phrase in 1961, and how you feel Donald Trump is doing, if he does anything for our country and not only for himself.

Postscript: BrokeLoser has already answered the question, so I do not need to wait for his response, here it is:

"“Repubs” have always cared about the country, positive contributors and those that actually matter. Fuck the lowlife, blood sucking, bottom feeding filthy piece of shits and illegal wetbacks....you know, basically your people’s people."

Huh...it means, and Kennedy meant exactly what it says...which part has you twisted up?
You’re doing what you do...building lots of confusing trivia into a very simple phrase.
Listen to the simplicity.....
“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country”
Versus what today’s Democrats say.
“Ask what your country can do for you, ask not what you can do for yourself.”

I’ll play along in the trivia....
The intent behind the phrase was to induce a mindset among citizens to be positive contributors and not to be takers, bottom feeding leeches.
“Make America Great Again” invokes the same thought.....Let’s get back to a point where people are eager to contribute and ashamed to take...you know, more positive contributors, more assets and less takers, less liabilities.
Hopefully I didn’t spoil it all for you....hopefully you can still twist and steer your rhetoric. Your turn.

Oh please.

animals.jpg

Hey.......Its good enough for me and Bobby McGee

Oh please.

animals.jpg

“That’s confusing...are you saying you dislike freedom?”

animals.jpg

Yeah? And where is ol’buba mac now, eh?

The Party of JFK is long long gone. And it ain't coming back. He would be appalled at what his Party has become. The Communists have thoroughly hijacked it. He wouldn't recognize his Party today.

Yeah? And where is ol’buba mac now, eh?
Still topping the charts

Forum List

Back