Democrats hate the US Constitution because it puts checks/restrictions on their power, says Levin

I got the same thing, but his post is not wrong. Lincoln came close to losing in 1864 because he was so unpopular.. Gettysburg is the only thing that saved him.
a lot of commentators at that time said Lincoln knew he was on the verge of losing the war so he had to do something like the Gettysburg address, and that it was a plitical move

Well, this is not surprising... Actually getting boring..

Trump says he wants to scrap constitution... Everything goes bonkers as the GOP run cover for a couple of weeks...

Then knowing they can't they just accuse Democrats of the same thing, no need for evidence...

yeh, the bastards.. Capitalism (its fruits) for me, but communism for thee (you schmucky little people)

is their motto
The fruits of Capitalism is what buys these greedy Moon Bats the free stuff that they think they are entitled to have just because they are alive.

The fruits of Capitalism is what buys these greedy Moon Bats the free stuff that they think they are entitled to have just because they are alive.
well, people do have rights "just because they are alive"

you don't, for example, have the right to kill someone just because he doesn't hav the means to live like everyone else does.. the status quo, so I don't know why you act like people have no rights unless... what? they HAVE stuff?

we are headed toward Nazism.. I mean full blown Nazism.. We're already there when we speak of murdering the unborn just bc they are "inconvenient"

a lot of commentators at that time said Lincoln knew he was on the verge of losing the war so he had to do something like the Gettysburg address, and that it was a plitical move
The Gettysburg address is a big fucking lie. The truth was the exact opposite of what it side. Lincoln was not fighting for the right to self determination. He was fighting to force southerners to pay is appalling tariffs.

This is a strange thread. The Republican Party was founded on:
In Ripon, Wisconsin, former members of the Whig Party meet to establish a new party to oppose the spread of slavery into the western territories. The Whig Party, which was formed in 1834 to oppose the “tyranny” of President Andrew Jackson, had shown itself incapable of coping with the national crisis over slavery.

With the successful introduction of the Kansas-Nebraska Bill of 1854, an act that dissolved the terms of the Missouri Compromise and allowed slave or free status to be decided in the territories by popular sovereignty, the Whigs disintegrated. By February 1854, anti-slavery Whigs had begun meeting in the upper midwestern states to discuss the formation of a new party. One such meeting, in Wisconsin on March 20, 1854, is generally remembered as the founding meeting of the Republican Party.

The Republicans rapidly gained supporters in the North, and in 1856 their first presidential candidate, John C. Fremont, won 11 of the 16 Northern states. By 1860, the majority of the Southern slave states were publicly threatening secession if the Republicans won the presidency. In November 1860, Republican Abraham Lincoln was elected president over a divided Democratic Party, and six weeks later South Carolina formally seceded from the Union. Within six more weeks, five other Southern states had followed South Carolina’s lead, and in April 1861 the Civil War began when Confederate shore batteries under General P.G.T. Beauregard opened fire on Fort Sumter in South Carolina’s Charleston Harbor.
Its major founding icon is Lincoln.

Yet this thread, by supposed Republicans, seeks to do nothing but attack Lincoln.

It also literally has nothing to do with the Demcoaratic Party, but you be you.

Yet this thread, by supposed Republicans, seeks to do nothing but attack Lincoln.

Lincoln is right up there with Hitler and Stalin.

Odd, the link works when I click on it.

Edit, I see it.

Don't worry about the sub-links, his reasoning is in the transcript of the link I pasted.
hard to listen to any "reasoning" when I know what I know about Lincoln and the parts I read of your posting haven't touched on any of that info I have... Right now, I don't have time to read it.. Maybe tomorrow?

ha ha... that last thing is funny

Lincoln is the prototype of the 2022 liberals in DC

That's a chicken shit post.
Nope. Debating whether the Civil War which ended slavery was a mistake for another reason, while ignoring the end to slavery, is a silly argument. The only reason I can think of to propose such is if the ending of a familial slavery holding caused a financial reduction in familial wealth. The Civil Was was justified if for no other reason than the elimination of slavery.

This is interesting... It does bug me that he has a picture of Lincoln in the background, though. Lincoln violated the Constitution over and over and was a tyrant.. Does Levin not know that?

A lot of people don't know it. I didn't know it until I read a book called (I believe) The Facts [or the Truth] About Lincoln but the book was full of facts and (factual) history. It cannot be ignored that
he went against the Constitution. The South had a right to secede.. the states came together and made the federal govt.. not the other way around. If the states can vote to become part of the US, then the states can take themselves out as well..

Actually, it's little wonder the Dims have their "Lincoln Project" to stop Trump and other conservatives. They tried to deceive people by calling themselves the Lincoln Project.. knowing most people do not know about L's tyranny. The libs are the worst kind of lawless tyrants themselves.
Not to worry. If Massa Trump gets elected, he is single handedly going to do away with that nasty 'ol Constitution that keeps him from maga.

This is interesting... It does bug me that he has a picture of Lincoln in the background, though. Lincoln violated the Constitution over and over and was a tyrant.. Does Levin not know that?

A lot of people don't know it. I didn't know it until I read a book called (I believe) The Facts [or the Truth] About Lincoln but the book was full of facts and (factual) history. It cannot be ignored that
he went against the Constitution. The South had a right to secede.. the states came together and made the federal govt.. not the other way around. If the states can vote to become part of the US, then the states can take themselves out as well..

Actually, it's little wonder the Dims have their "Lincoln Project" to stop Trump and other conservatives. They tried to deceive people by calling themselves the Lincoln Project.. knowing most people do not know about L's tyranny. The libs are the worst kind of lawless tyrants themselves.

We're not the one's calling for the constitution to be 'terminated'. That would be you and yours.

Forum List

Back