Death, yours?

I would love for my husband and me to live long healthy lives together....but if I were to be taken today, I can say that I have lived a full, blessed, life.

Death? I've thought about it. Well, who hasn't anyway?

I'm only 18, still got a hell lot of life left in me. Still don't know when I want to sign up for the Army, nor do I know what I really want to do. I graduated High school with a 3.6 gpa, still looking at colleges, deciding what I really wanna do.

But, that's a different topic.

If i had the chance to chose my death I'd probably choose a quick, easy, pain free bullet to the brain. That's only if i a serious condition and would cause me more pain if I stayed alive.

But honestly, If I make it to see my grand kids I wouldn't chose a bullet to the brain, hell no, I'd rather live out my last years with family and friends, no regrets, no nothing. And a easy, no mess, death in bed.

But hey, I'm only 18. :lol:

I'm only 18, still got a hell lot of life left in me. Still don't know when I want to sign up for the Army, nor do I know what I really want to do. I graduated High school with a 3.6 gpa, still looking at colleges, deciding what I really wanna do.

If i had the chance to chose my death I'd probably choose a quick, easy, pain free bullet to the brain. That's only if i a serious condition and would cause me more pain if I stayed alive.

But honestly, If I make it to see my grand kids I wouldn't chose a bullet to the brain, hell no, I'd rather live out my last years with family and friends, no regrets, no nothing. And a easy, no mess, death in bed.

May you have a long full life yet before even considering death.

How do you think you'll die? And more importantly, if you had to choose, how would you want to die? Do you think you'll die young or middle aged or old?

I'll probably die because I sometimes do less than safe things, and some day I may have an accident from being less than safe. I want to die saving the one I love. I think I'm going to die young, I always think I will, it doesn't scare me anymore even, it's like I've accepted that I'm going to die young just as one accepts that the sun will rise in the morning.

Yeah I used to think I was going to die young as well .Some may consider 50 middleaged but I cant take another 50 years of this shit.

I would like to die in combat, not cause I think I am a hard-core soldier or anything, but, I want to die saving someone. Die for something more then myself, I mean, I just hope I die saving someone's life. That is why I wanted to be either a cop or firefighter in the Air Force. I really do not want to die alone if I live after combat. I want someone who will be with me forever, but to be completely honest, after my last relationship, I'd prefer dying saving someone. I do not know how to explain it but, I am terrified of someone else dying in my spot. I always say it "that kid is not dying" as a example of, if I had never joined, and been in a situation where I die, it would be some other guy. I'd prefer it to be me, because, I have made my peace, and above all, I'd die happy knowing I was there for someone else. Kind of weird admitting this on the internet, but eh, guess that's the internet for you.

While it's very noble to want to save someone else's life, be careful what you wish for. The son of one of my friends went to Iraq on a short tour - one mission. He promised his men they would all come home safely. He was right. They all came home safely - he was the only one who returned in a coffin. About two weeks away from shipping home one of his troops was shot up in a fire fight and he went out to drag that man to safety and was killed for his effort. He left behind a stunned and shattered unit, devastated parents, a grieving wife and a 2 year old child who would never again feel his love. The soldier is not the only one who "dies" in combat.

Yes, that is very true. I understand if I die others will be affected, although I pray not permanently/terribly. I just hope if I die, that it is because I did what I percieve as right. Thanks, I know I must sound very stupid saying what I did, but it is honestly how I see my life, and I understand what you are saying, thanks, it is a good memory I will have, to know that I affect others also. Thank you.

I would like to die in combat, not cause I think I am a hard-core soldier or anything, but, I want to die saving someone. Die for something more then myself, I mean, I just hope I die saving someone's life. That is why I wanted to be either a cop or firefighter in the Air Force. I really do not want to die alone if I live after combat. I want someone who will be with me forever, but to be completely honest, after my last relationship, I'd prefer dying saving someone. I do not know how to explain it but, I am terrified of someone else dying in my spot. I always say it "that kid is not dying" as a example of, if I had never joined, and been in a situation where I die, it would be some other guy. I'd prefer it to be me, because, I have made my peace, and above all, I'd die happy knowing I was there for someone else. Kind of weird admitting this on the internet, but eh, guess that's the internet for you.

Cain, most times when you save someone you also survive. It isn't unusual to ponder death at a young age -- anymore than it is to ponder any other Big Question -- but to court it is to cheat the world of the man you would have been.

If you die young, who'll be there to save the lives you would have had you lived until you were 40? 50? And beyond?

You are unique and irreplaceable....your death extinguishes that and diminishes all of us. Courage not just facing death. It is also about facing daily struggles, and learning to do right by yourself as well as others.

Well, I do not know the answer to that. I simply state what I believe, and am going to do my best to complete my goals in life. Thanks for that, and I hope you have a great day.

I'd rather die in my sleep right before I lose the ability to move freely or think clearly

Before you contemplate death, consider whether you have lived first. Knowing the value of what you have is needed in order to judge the worth and merit of giving it away.

May you have a long full life yet before even considering death.

Thanks Ollie.

But hey, even this young I still think about it. Not often, but I still do.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2J_ppUwuW4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2J_ppUwuW4[/ame]

life-is-not.jpg

You know......I'm fairly surprised that I've made it to 46. Hopefully, I'll make it another 46 years as well.

Have I ever contemplated death? Yep. Many times when I was between 6 and 8 when I was getting the shit beat out of me by a 40 year old man who threatened to kill me after he finished throwing my mother around the house.

I also came close to suicide when I was around 14, because my life up to that point was about as twisted and crazy as anyone could imagine, and I was ashamed of the person I was at that time. No parents, in foster care and nobody wanted me.

In the fall of 1994, I called my best friend Ned and told him thanks for all the stuff he'd taught me as far as putting my life together, but I couldn't take it anymore, and I was going to drive up to the Newport Bridge and jump, because again, I was divorced and my life was a failure.

He asked if I could wait until after lunch. Thank goodness I did.

Since I've retired from the military, I've learned the true value of life. It cannot be replaced by anything. Additionally, thanks to my Taoist learnings, combined with the other religions that I've studied (Judaic theology, Buddhism, and Hindu religions), I've figured out something about death.

It doesn't really exist.

The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Your brain (where "you" is), generates 20 watts of energy every nanosecond you're alive. That electricity is what constitutes "you". Your actions, thoughts, words and deeds.

Judaic theology states that God carved off a small piece of Himself from under His Throne of Glory with the blade of self will. That small piece of Himself becomes your soul, and is placed in the embryo created by your parents to eventually become you.

Buddhist, Taoist, Judaic, and Hindu theologies/philosophies all believe in reincarnation, which means that your energy will continue to exist. If you're lucky, you get to come back as a new person after you leave this meat suit. If you're REALLY lucky, you get to come back several times. What else do you think regressive memories are all about?

Have I thought about how I'd like to go if given the choice? Yes. I'd like to be in the middle of a really good dream, and just simply walk from this dimension to the next.

If not that, then doing something heroic and saving someone, or being taken out doing something that I really love and not even see the thing that gets me.

But...........like I said, I never thought that I'd make it this far. My personal joy every day is looking at what is going on and waiting to see what happens next.

Ya gotta admit, life can be a pretty funny comedy once in a while.

It's something I've had occasion to think about and make peace with. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that some day, sooner or later (hopefully later) most everything I see around me will be here but I won't be.

That settled, I can shove it down in the back of my mind somewhere and just concentrate on living. Life is too short to worry about things that can't be changed.

You know......I'm fairly surprised that I've made it to 46. Hopefully, I'll make it another 46 years as well.

Have I ever contemplated death? Yep. Many times when I was between 6 and 8 when I was getting the shit beat out of me by a 40 year old man who threatened to kill me after he finished throwing my mother around the house.

I also came close to suicide when I was around 14, because my life up to that point was about as twisted and crazy as anyone could imagine, and I was ashamed of the person I was at that time. No parents, in foster care and nobody wanted me.

In the fall of 1994, I called my best friend Ned and told him thanks for all the stuff he'd taught me as far as putting my life together, but I couldn't take it anymore, and I was going to drive up to the Newport Bridge and jump, because again, I was divorced and my life was a failure.

He asked if I could wait until after lunch. Thank goodness I did.

Since I've retired from the military, I've learned the true value of life. It cannot be replaced by anything. Additionally, thanks to my Taoist learnings, combined with the other religions that I've studied (Judaic theology, Buddhism, and Hindu religions), I've figured out something about death.

It doesn't really exist.

The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Your brain (where "you" is), generates 20 watts of energy every nanosecond you're alive. That electricity is what constitutes "you". Your actions, thoughts, words and deeds.

Judaic theology states that God carved off a small piece of Himself from under His Throne of Glory with the blade of self will. That small piece of Himself becomes your soul, and is placed in the embryo created by your parents to eventually become you.

Buddhist, Taoist, Judaic, and Hindu theologies/philosophies all believe in reincarnation, which means that your energy will continue to exist. If you're lucky, you get to come back as a new person after you leave this meat suit. If you're REALLY lucky, you get to come back several times. What else do you think regressive memories are all about?

Have I thought about how I'd like to go if given the choice? Yes. I'd like to be in the middle of a really good dream, and just simply walk from this dimension to the next.

If not that, then doing something heroic and saving someone, or being taken out doing something that I really love and not even see the thing that gets me.

But...........like I said, I never thought that I'd make it this far. My personal joy every day is looking at what is going on and waiting to see what happens next.

Ya gotta admit, life can be a pretty funny comedy once in a while.

:)

sweet talker

I never want to die. Period. Not because I'm interested in seeing all of history or because I'm afraid of death or anything of that sort. I want to live because there are those would would rather see me dead, and I never want to give anyone that satisfaction.

If I ran out of mortal enemies, only then would I welcome my end. Preferably a quick one.

Until then, I think my diabetes will be the death of me. I have poor control over it and my doctor estimated I'll die in 10 years, and I don't give enough a shit to correct it.

Last edited:
I never want to die. Period. Not because I'm interested in seeing all of history or because I'm afraid of death or anything of that sort. I want to live because there are those would would rather see me dead, and I never want to give anyone that satisfaction.

If I ran out of mortal enemies, only then would I welcome my end. Preferably a quick one.

Until then, I think my diabetes will be the death of me. I have poor control over it and my doctor estimated I'll die in 10 years, and I don't give enough a shit to correct it.

Question. You state in your first sentence that you never want to die.

Then, you close your post by stating that you have poor control over your diabetes and don't care enough to correct it.

Either you never want to die or you don't really care if you do. Which is it?

But..........if you actually DO care if you live or not, why not buy a bicycle and start riding it? Exercise will help with your diabetes.

And bicycles are a great way to travel, even over hundreds of miles.

I want to die just like Tony in the 'Sopranos', eating great onion rings and then.......black.

This is why I will not eat onion rings until I am 100.

Forum List

Back