Death, yours?

Though truth be told I should not be here now, the bottle should have done it's work long ago.

Never let anyone tell you there are not miracles in this world.

Mind you, I am stone, cold sober today and though I thought it would, it has not killed me.

Mind you, I am stone, cold sober today and though I thought it would, it has not killed me.

I remember a time when my wife asked me to quit drinking and I did, until I began the withdrawls. She went and bought me a bottle herself because there was no way I could have done it.

I am at work, doing customer service, and we are having an ass clown convention.

It is a good thing we are not armed!

It is day two, and despite some shaking, sweating and depression it is no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm going to live to be 100 and when I die, it will be peacefully in my sleep.

Some ways I would NOT like to die: drowning or suffocation of any type, being stung to death by bees, being buried alive.
Buried alive! That is a terrifying prospect. It hurts my head just thinking about it.

I'd like to die like Nelson Rockefeller; heart attack from an orgasm while in bed with his beautiful 22 year-old "assistant." (He came and went simultaneously.)

Willie Nelson said he'd like to die in a whorehouse gunfight. :tongue:

To all of you:

May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven
a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead.​

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh.

* May you be half an hour in heaven before the devil knows you're dead. :eusa_angel:

I would like to die in combat, not cause I think I am a hard-core soldier or anything, but, I want to die saving someone. Die for something more then myself, I mean, I just hope I die saving someone's life. That is why I wanted to be either a cop or firefighter in the Air Force. I really do not want to die alone if I live after combat. I want someone who will be with me forever, but to be completely honest, after my last relationship, I'd prefer dying saving someone. I do not know how to explain it but, I am terrified of someone else dying in my spot. I always say it "that kid is not dying" as a example of, if I had never joined, and been in a situation where I die, it would be some other guy. I'd prefer it to be me, because, I have made my peace, and above all, I'd die happy knowing I was there for someone else. Kind of weird admitting this on the internet, but eh, guess that's the internet for you.

Patton would slap you silly.

In life, death is the one inevitability. It is not worth worrying about when or how. Enjoy yourself while you can.

Now read my sig line!

I'd rather die in my sleep right before I lose the ability to move freely or think clearly

My husband's grandmother died at 99 years old....I was privileged to have the opportunity to get to know her, when Matt's mom at 80 years old, took her in to her own home to live, when she was 95 years old....so I had about 4 years of knowing her.....we all lived in Florida, but Matt's grandmom was in Texas, before she moved to Florida....so I had not even met her, till then....(It was like pulling teeth to get her to give up her own home, and to let matt's mom take care of her for her last few years)

anyway, I LOVE talking with old people.....really really old people....their life experiences are neat to hear about....I just find them interesting, and I have been this way since my 20's....just enjoy being around them....

She was a really really cool old geezer!

Anyway, your comment reminded me of her and what she used to tell me....

She had all of her falculties and DID NOT IN ANY WAY have Alzheimer, or senility in any form....her BRAIN was ALL there....

but her body....her body was falling apart....she was frail.

she used to tell me that her NOT BEING SENILE was a CURSE at her age!
hahahahaha!

Yes, a real curse! Payback of some sort for some of her not so pleasant deeds earlier in life....for her 'sins'....so to say!

All of her friends that were still alive were senile, and had no awareness of how crappy their bodies were....she felt that they were BLESSED with this senility!!! :lol:

And that her having her brain in tact was just awful because there were so many things that she wanted to try and do before she died that she kept thinking about doing and yearning for, but was also fully aware that her body....was not gonna let that happen! this was the Mother of all Curses, according to her! I still chuckle when I think about her telling me this! :)

she ended up falling and breaking her hip and then other complications happened and she passed on shortly after that....

I would like to die in combat, not cause I think I am a hard-core soldier or anything, but, I want to die saving someone. Die for something more then myself, I mean, I just hope I die saving someone's life. That is why I wanted to be either a cop or firefighter in the Air Force. I really do not want to die alone if I live after combat. I want someone who will be with me forever, but to be completely honest, after my last relationship, I'd prefer dying saving someone. I do not know how to explain it but, I am terrified of someone else dying in my spot. I always say it "that kid is not dying" as a example of, if I had never joined, and been in a situation where I die, it would be some other guy. I'd prefer it to be me, because, I have made my peace, and above all, I'd die happy knowing I was there for someone else. Kind of weird admitting this on the internet, but eh, guess that's the internet for you.

Patton would slap you silly.

Doubtful, he is dead.

Forum List

Back