Dave Chappelle, the new black face of white supremacy?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

The funniest comedian of our time has been canceled by the Left as he is having his shows cancelled cuz he "offends" Leftists.

About three hours before Chappelle's show, First Avenue officials canceled the show

Ironically, First Avenue also claimed to value "diverse voices" and "the freedom of artistic expression" — claims diametrically opposed to canceling an artist because some people are merely offended.

This is a perfect example of the minority ruling over the majority. 1,500 tickets sold and only 125 signatures got the show cancelled...
That is nothing, 110% of the country wants Diaper Joe gone but he will probably miraculously win re-election anyway.

What a stupid decision, and one which will cost them dearly.
First, the theater will have to refund the ticket money. Tickets for the cancelled show averaged right around $168 per ticket. Multiply that by the 1,500 tickets sold and the theater is on the hook for right around a quarter of a million dollars; $252,000 and change.

Now, they also get to pay Chapelle for cancelling his show. While I couldn't find info on what it costs to hire Chapelle, I did find that Jeff Foxworthy gets paid $100,000 per show. Arguably, Chapelle is currently far more popular than Foxworthy, so he likely charges far more; let's keep it sane, though, and say $125,000 per show. There's not even the slightest chance Chapelle doesn't have a guarantee written into his countract, so he will get that money, and that money is going to come from the entity which pulled the lug on the show. In this case, that would be the theater.

So, in order to satisfy the desires of 125 dipshits who probably weren't going to the show anyway, the theater has decided to assume total responsibility for almost $400,000 in expenses, with zero income seen from it.

Whoever decided to cancel the show at that theater should be fired...

Progressive people preach tolerance. Tolerating something means putting up with something you don't like. Having a man's show cancelled because you don't like he says is not tollerance, it's intolerance. They want us to tolerate them but they won't tolerate anyone else.

Progressives preach inclusiveness but want to exclude who they don't like.

Progressives want free speech and expression but they don't want others to have it they don't like.

Progressive people have actually regressed this country more than nyother group ever. We spent 200 years slowly growing, evolving, becoming better as we go. But the modern progressive people have for the first time actually set us backwards.

OP, you pretty much agree w/Dave on everything, right?
Not at all, but I enjoy his comedy

You see, I am able to enjoy someone that may not agree with 100% of everything I say and do

Maybe you should try.

OP, you pretty much agree w/Dave on everything, right?

The only thing you have to agree with people on is their right to say what they want to say, and vice versa.

I think Bill Maher is a narcissistic leftist twit, but he's still a LIBERAL twit, not an SJW twit.

Same concept goes for guys like Chapelle, Burr and Rogan. I don't have to agree on anything with them except for the right not to be cancelled, silenced, or interrupted while they are speaking/podcasting/broadcasting.

He lived the typical loose life for a long time but found it lacking and changed so now they hate him.

Forum List

Back