Daniels Seventy Sevens

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I find the book of Daniel one of the more interesting as it pertains to what is going on today. The Prophocies listed are so accurate to events that occurred some suspected it was written later afterwards. But then archeologists found fragments of the book dated prior the events.

Daniel 9 lays out the events that will lead to the Messiah and the destruction of Jerusalem which occurred shortly after Jesus was crucified. Daniel 9 is the first time the word Messiah is used.

Daniel 9:24-27
"Seventy sevens have been decreed for your people. . . . So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven sevens and sixty-two sevens; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. Then after the sixty-two sevens the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.”

image.jpeg

It was probably embellished afterwards.

And nobody can walk around in a furnace.

In a small town in eastern Hungary, young Leopold Cohn lost both of his parents at the age of seven. His life became a struggle for existence, and he learned to trust in God with all of his heart. At 13 he decided to study to become a rabbi, and when he graduated from the Talmudic academies at 18, he had earned a record of high scholarship. He finished his formal studies, received smikha or ordination, and became happily married. Devoting himself to further research of the sacred writings and to earnest prayer, he sought to find the solution for the sufferings of his people and Messiah’s long delay.

Leopold Cohn, 1862-1937

Every morning he repeated the 12th article of the Jewish creed: I believe with a perfect faith in the coming of the Messiah, and though he tarry, yet will I wait daily for his coming.” Rabbi Cohn’s inner hunger grew. He mourned often over the temple’s destruction and prayed for the coming of the Deliverer. A passage in the Talmud seemed to indicate that the Messiah should have come long ago and, with mounting frustration, the rabbi decided to study the Prophets’ predictions.

Reading in the book of Daniel, he learned from the 24th verse of the ninth chapter that the Messiah should have come 400 years after Daniel received the prophecy of the Seven Weeks. The rabbi saw that the Talmud differed from the Holy Scriptures on this vital matter, and he began to question the reliability of the Talmud. Troubled, he faced the question of whether to believe God’s Word or ignore the truth. He prayed for the Lord to open his eyes.

When he disclosed his discoveries publicly, the rabbi found himself the object of such hostility that his ministry became impossible. He left for America, seeking the freedom to continue his investigations. Soon after his arrival in New York in the spring of 1892, Rabbi Cohn met a group of Jews who believed that the Messiah had already come. The first of these with whom he discussed his search was a trained Talmudist who belonged to a famous rabbinical family. This man gave Rabbi Cohn a copy of the New Testament Scriptures in Hebrew. Opening it to the beginning, Rabbi Cohn read from the Gospel of Matthew, “This is the book of the generation of Yeshua the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham.”

It was a momentous day. He read the book for some 13 hours and later wrote his reflections: “I could at least see that the Messiah’s name was Yeshua, that he was born in Bethlehem of Judah, that He had lived in Jerusalem and communicated with my people, and that he came just at the time predicted in the prophecy of Daniel.”

Though he was filled with joy, the rabbi’s conflict was not over. He despaired at the thought that Yeshua the Messiah, the son of David, was the same Jesus whom the gentiles worshipped. But the Holy Scriptures continued to give him light. He read over and over the 53rd chapter of the prophet Isaiah, who spoke of the suffering Messiah. A small voice inside kept telling him that if this Jesus was indeed the Messiah predicted by the Prophets, then he must follow him, no matter what others had done in his name.

He decided to fast and pray, asking God to clearly reveal the truth to him. He was holding the Hebrew Scriptures as he began to pray. The book fell to the floor, and when he bent to pick it up, he saw that it had fallen open to the third chapter of the book of the prophet Malachi, which begins, “Behold I send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom ye seek shall suddenly come to his temple, even the Angel of the Covenant whom ye delight in: behold he has already come, saith the Lord of Hosts.”

Rabbi Cohn was filled with awe and felt the presence of the Messiah pointing to the words, “He has already come.” He prayed, “My Lord, my Messiah Yeshua. Thou art the one in whom Israel is to be glorified, and Thou art surely the one who hast reconciled Thy people unto God. From this day on I will serve Thee no matter what the cost.”

It was as if a flood of light had filled his understanding. It was no longer difficult to love his Lord, even though he was sure now that it was Jesus to whom he was talking. The following years were filled with struggle as Rabbi Cohn proclaimed to all he knew that the rejected Jesus was the true Messiah of Israel, and that not until the Jews as a people accepted Yeshua could they find peace with God. But his rejection by his own people could never diminish Rabbi Cohn’s love for the Lord nor erase the truth that the Messiah had indeed come in the person of Yeshua, who, as predicted by the Prophets, had been rejected by his own people and had died and lived again, and who held the secret of Israel’s salvation.

I find the book of Daniel one of the more interesting as it pertains to what is going on today. The Prophocies listed are so accurate to events that occurred some suspected it was written later afterwards. But then archeologists found fragments of the book dated prior the events.

Daniel 9 lays out the events that will lead to the Messiah and the destruction of Jerusalem which occurred shortly after Jesus was crucified. Daniel 9 is the first time the word Messiah is used.

Daniel 9:24-27
"Seventy sevens have been decreed for your people. . . . So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven sevens and sixty-two sevens; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. Then after the sixty-two sevens the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.”

View attachment 121113

One would call it a common error, but in purposely deceiving people by placing Jesus into everything "to make him look to be the one" they fallaciously play word games like CNN does today and paint their own new narative and time lines like CNN and MSNBC does all the time.=Fake News.
(sorry for that analogy, but sometimes real life FAMILIAR examples make for better understanding in teaching through resemblances)
Placement of Jesus in Dan 9 is the earliest form of fake news=fake narative.

Let me explain Dan 9 so you see it revealed.
The events Daniel is prophecizing already occured before Jesus and the events of the temple you propose occured after Jesus making the correlation impossible even if you avoided history and thought it didn’t occur yet.
Daniel is talking about "an anointed place" and an anointed (King)
not THE ANOINTED ONE.
*notice word play deceptions to paint false placement*
Now to review why these events already occured:
Dan 9: There is a 7-week (49-year) span between the actual destruction of Jerusalem in 586 (beginning the exile and realizing the decree in 538bc to rebuild), and the end of the exile brought about by the arrival of ‘AN’ anointed one not “THE” anointed one . Kings and High Priests were anointed as AN anointed one but not THE anointed one. Thus we must notice the wording is “an anointed one” not “THE” anointed one.

Dan 9:24 says anoint the holy place not an anointed man. Daniel 9:25 says, "from the time the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem was issued, until AN annointed one, a ruler, it will be seven weeks". If the decree is indeed sometime around the beginning of the full Exile, 586 b.c.e., then who is the anointed one mentioned? And, GOD already has referred to ruler Cyrus as his Anointed in
Isaiah 45:1: 70 years after the destruction Cyrus rebuilt the Temple in other words it's completion in 516BC
Here's the reference of this ‘70 years’ by the Historian Josephus in Antiquities 11.1.1: Ant. 11.1.1 "In the first year of the reign of Cyrus, which was the seventieth from the day that our people were removed out of their own land into Babylon, God commiserated the captivity and calamity of these poor people, according as he had foretold to them by Jeremiah the prophet, before the destruction of the city, that after they has served Nebuchadnezzar and his posterity, and after they had undergone that SERVITUDE seventy years, he would restore them again to the land of their fathers, and they should build their temple, and enjoy their ancient prosperity; and these things God did afford them."

Daniel 9:26
And after the sixty-two weeks,an anointed one will be cut off,
and there will be nothing to him.
and the people of a ruler who shall come
shall destroy the city and the sanctuary,
and the end of it/him shall be with a flood,,
and, until the end of the war, desolations are decreed.

62 weeks (434 years) leads us to around 152 b.c.e. the time of antiochus desolation and destruction of the temple. The anointed one was the king who was cut off. High Priest Onias III, who was assasinated (cut off) in 171 b.c.e. In 168 b.c.e., the middle of the next "week" of years (171-165 b.c.e.), ruler Antiochus IV (who had Onias killed) pillaged Jerusalem. Antiochus IV matches the "ruler to come",

Furthermore if you ever read the commentary on Daniel and Isaiah in the Dead Sea Scrolls the liberator &
HaSheva (redeemer) is already named as Michael (the Evening Star- rises
-Dan 12:1-4) thus Daniels Visions of the Night (Evening Star Shalem) is of son of man (Shalem)-Dan7:7, 7:13.
This is why the legend says of the city of Shalem becoming City of Shalom is when the Night (Michael) removes the day(morning star Lucifer-Rev 22:16). Islam similarly calls this the Al-Isra (Night Journey to Jerusalem) to the city in his name.
This is why the Temple is called the Mikdash not Jesusdash, the Vible called Mikra not Jesusra, the Torah portions revealing the name= it's called Miketz not JesusKetz.
Hebrew for "at the end,"
Ketz= A particularly auspicious time for Moshiach to bring the exile to an end.= Mike is the name of the Moshiach,
not Jim, not Joe, and Not Jesus.
Dan 12:1-4 makes it clear the name has to be the name otherwise it's "FAKE NEWS".
Which is why CNN keeps having fake history specials on Jesus that are anything but historically accurate.

I love the Book of Daniel. What a wonderful vision of the coming of our Savior into the world. I had studied this several years ago and found a book that I thought was very interesting regarding the Book of Daniel. It was called, "The Time of the End" by Francis M Darter. It is an LDS perspective on the vision but you might find it interesting. It can be found on line for free. Here is a link to the chapter that discusses the topic at hand: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=inu.32000007323175;view=1up;seq=219

Last edited:
Daniel is a fascinating book. Without him, there would be no wise men in the Christmas story, since he had taught the Magi when Messiah would be revealed.

Forum List

Back