DACA for The Wall

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
Is this a compromise you'd accept?

Why or why not?
Only if we get $25 billion up front. None of this "over 5 years" horseshit.

You run into a logistics problem. If all you are doing is building a wall then it's going to take a decade or more to get it done. The way the budgets work, if you don't spend it you lose it. Therefore, you are going to lose a few billion to the general fund and damn, that's just money for the cretins in DC to play with for their own amusement. The point being, you can only build so many miles per year if all you are building is the wall.
The Army Corp of Engineers can easily build it in 2 years. All they need is 8 crews building the wall out in both directs from 4 starting points. If that doesn't get it, then use 16 crews. One crew should easily be able to build 50 miles in a year.

Maybe they can do it in 2 years but I doubt it no matter if they have 8 crews or not. But let's say they try. So they build the first 1000 miles in 2 years. They are going to have to use the Slatted Steel. Let's say that each panel is 10 feet. That's about 528 panels per mile. For the easy part, that's going to be 52,800 panels. Just the manufacturing of the panels is probably out of touch during those 2 years. And then there is the next 500 miles where it really gets tough. It'll take another 2 years to build that. Now you are left with the last 500 miles.
Good friggin luck with that. At the same time, you are going to have to do quite a swath of eminent domain. Watch Texas and Arizona turn Blue all of sudden and you won't get your second year. So even it they could do it, they would only be able to do the easy parts and political shift would stop them cold.

hasn't Trump spent enough? I happen to be a Fiscal Conservative and this spending has to be put into check and I don't really care what the party affiliation is that does it.

Agreed.

Build that wall and deport the illegals to save billions and billions.

Then I suggest you push for the worst problems first like the overstaying of Visas. The lying on the forms to get a visa. The ID theft that's become a real bad problem. The Visa Program is a friggin mess. If that were straightened out, it would lower the 11 million down to 6 million over night. And those are just the ones that they are aware of. Cleanup the guest worker program where we can have workers working for minimum wage to work the fields and do the jobs Americans don't want to do.

How about cleaning up the so called Welfare Programs like Food Stamps. It's called SNAP. Are you aware that a Snap recipient can get X amount of cash on their Snap card? They can purchase things like Energy Drinks, Soft Drinks and much more. And Cell Phones with unlimited Data. Rather than try to take it from those that really need it, clean the damned thing up where it costs a whole hell of a lot less. You would be surprised at how many would bail out of it and go get a friggin job.
The Dims refuse to do any of that as well.

And so do you. Does that make you a Democrat or just a Schizoid. I vote for the latter.
When did I refuse to do any of that?

Wow, that explains quite a bit. It's like the closet Gay feeling the need to prove his is all man all the time by attacking openly gay men. Who would have thunk it that you are a closet snowflake.

hasn't Trump spent enough? I happen to be a Fiscal Conservative and this spending has to be put into check and I don't really care what the party affiliation is that does it.

Agreed.

Then I suggest you push for the worst problems first like the overstaying of Visas. The lying on the forms to get a visa. The ID theft that's become a real bad problem. The Visa Program is a friggin mess. If that were straightened out, it would lower the 11 million down to 6 million over night. And those are just the ones that they are aware of. Cleanup the guest worker program where we can have workers working for minimum wage to work the fields and do the jobs Americans don't want to do.

How about cleaning up the so called Welfare Programs like Food Stamps. It's called SNAP. Are you aware that a Snap recipient can get X amount of cash on their Snap card? They can purchase things like Energy Drinks, Soft Drinks and much more. And Cell Phones with unlimited Data. Rather than try to take it from those that really need it, clean the damned thing up where it costs a whole hell of a lot less. You would be surprised at how many would bail out of it and go get a friggin job.

And so do you. Does that make you a Democrat or just a Schizoid. I vote for the latter.

Maybe there is still hope for you if you at least aren't voting for democrat.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have voted both ways. I am an Independent since the Republican Party went comply off it's rocker sometime in the early 80s. I guess you could say that I swing.........Don't say it.

Why or why not?
I voted no! Reason. Democrats and their refusal to secure our border with a wall. It is time for democrats to do for the American people and not for illegal foreign interlopers.
You 12 IQ Trump MORONS...
A year ago Trump turned down $25 BILLION for the Wall in exchange for DACA because Stephen Miller also wanted a Legal Immigrant cut.
Mr "Art of the deal" has nothing after 2 Years of a GOP run Congress.

ALL Trump supporters are STUPID or have mental issues.
All of them.

`

Last edited:

Why or why not?

You run into a logistics problem. If all you are doing is building a wall then it's going to take a decade or more to get it done. The way the budgets work, if you don't spend it you lose it. Therefore, you are going to lose a few billion to the general fund and damn, that's just money for the cretins in DC to play with for their own amusement. The point being, you can only build so many miles per year if all you are building is the wall.
The Army Corp of Engineers can easily build it in 2 years. All they need is 8 crews building the wall out in both directs from 4 starting points. If that doesn't get it, then use 16 crews. One crew should easily be able to build 50 miles in a year.

Maybe they can do it in 2 years but I doubt it no matter if they have 8 crews or not. But let's say they try. So they build the first 1000 miles in 2 years. They are going to have to use the Slatted Steel. Let's say that each panel is 10 feet. That's about 528 panels per mile. For the easy part, that's going to be 52,800 panels. Just the manufacturing of the panels is probably out of touch during those 2 years. And then there is the next 500 miles where it really gets tough. It'll take another 2 years to build that. Now you are left with the last 500 miles.
Good friggin luck with that. At the same time, you are going to have to do quite a swath of eminent domain. Watch Texas and Arizona turn Blue all of sudden and you won't get your second year. So even it they could do it, they would only be able to do the easy parts and political shift would stop them cold.

They don't have to use slatted steel. You would be amazed at how quickly a company can pump out 35' X 10' X 1' prestressed concrete panels. One plant can easily produce a four dozen each day. With 10 plants you can build 480/day. That's almost a mile a day. 20 plants means 2 miles a day. That would be sufficient to build the entire wall.

Why or why not?
I voted no! Reason. Democrats and their refusal to secure our border with a wall. It is time for democrats to do for the American people and not for illegal foreign interlopers.
You 12 IQ Trump MORONS...
A year ago Trump turned down $25 BILLION for the Wall in exchange for DACA because Stephen Miller also wanted a Legal Immigrant cut.
Mr "Art of the deal" has nothing after 2 Years of a GOP run Congress.

ALL Trump supporters are STUPID or have mental issues.
All of them.

`
He turned down a con.

Agreed.

Wow, that explains quite a bit. It's like the closet Gay feeling the need to prove his is all man all the time by attacking openly gay men. Who would have thunk it that you are a closet snowflake.
You're delusional. You know that don't you?

Why or why not?

They don't have to use slatted steel. You would be amazed at how quickly a company can pump out 35' X 10' X 1' prestressed concrete panels. One plant can easily produce a four dozen each day. With 10 plants you can build 480/day. That's almost a mile a day. 20 plants means 2 miles a day. That would be sufficient to build the entire wall.

Prestressed concrete Panels won't make it. Even Trump knows that. They'll have holes all through the unsupervised part of the wall you could drive a car through and they just might drive a friggin car through it. Trump has stated he wanted to use Reinforced Concrete (they'll have to poor that in place) or Slatted Steel. Truth be know, our steel industry can't produce the slatted steel at such an alarming rate. And the assembly and machining would also take time. The Concrete would have to trucked in and poured over the Rebarring and it would days weeks to cure. Now, unless they can move a cement factory on site (forget that) then that's a lot of cement trucks where it's going to take 2 trucks per 10 foot length. But the Reinforced Cement Panel will last almost forever and even an Abrams Tank would be hard pressed to get all the way through it or even do much of a dent by ramming it. The Steel will have to be cleaned and treated about every 2 years or so. Otherwise we end up with the condition of some of the existing wall that is just plain falling down and it's not even 10 years old.

I think 10 years for the easy stuff is more like it and the contractor can spend every dime without the excess being sucked back into the general fund.

You're delusional. You know that don't you?

I see your boyfriend agrees with you.

DACA for the Wall?

No because Dems have already said once they get DACA they will welch on their end by trying up the wall in court. You cannot negotiate with Dem's its not possible they fully intend to weasel out of their end of the deal.

Why or why not?
That was already on the table mid last year and had democrat votes. Unfortunately trump is a poor wishy washy leader and his gambit of uncertainty tanked it.

I would support something like that, though. But I'd also require a fair and open assessment of what the costs will really be of a full border wall. I suspect trumpco doesnt care. It's more about meaning and getting a win than functional cost-benefit. Really I'd support some wall but a full 2k mile wall is infeasible and will likely function poorly without significant supporting costs.

DACA for the Wall?

No because Dems have already said once they get DACA they will welch on their end by trying up the wall in court. You cannot negotiate with Dem's its not possible they fully intend to weasel out of their end of the deal.

They can't welch on the Border Security. It's set to a minimum of 1.3 billion by a 2006 Law annually. They've upped it to 1.6 if Trump will deal. That's where it stands right now. You keep saying Wall. It's Border Security and some of that money has to go to adding to the wall and multi layered security fence. Just keep making shit up as you go.

Prestressed concrete Panels won't make it. Even Trump knows that. They'll have holes all through the unsupervised part of the wall you could drive a car through and they just might drive a friggin car through it. Trump has stated he wanted to use Reinforced Concrete (they'll have to poor that in place) or Slatted Steel. Truth be know, our steel industry can't produce the slatted steel at such an alarming rate. And the assembly and machining would also take time. The Concrete would have to trucked in and poured over the Rebarring and it would days weeks to cure. Now, unless they can move a cement factory on site (forget that) then that's a lot of cement trucks where it's going to take 2 trucks per 10 foot length. But the Reinforced Cement Panel will last almost forever and even an Abrams Tank would be hard pressed to get all the way through it or even do much of a dent by ramming it. The Steel will have to be cleaned and treated about every 2 years or so. Otherwise we end up with the condition of some of the existing wall that is just plain falling down and it's not even 10 years old.

I think 10 years for the easy stuff is more like it and the contractor can spend every dime without the excess being sucked back into the general fund.
Wrong, shit for brains. Prestressed concrete panels made in a factory will work just fine. They work for parking garages, so why not for a wall? In fact, they use them all the time to build sound walls along highways .

Why should prestressed panels be any more likely to have holes in them than any other type of wall? Obviously, like every dumb shit snowflake, your claim is based on the premise that no one will be guarding the wall. People aren't as stupid as you imagine they are.

You just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You prove it every time you post.

Why or why not?
That was already on the table mid last year and had democrat votes. Unfortunately trump is a poor wishy washy leader and his gambit of uncertainty tanked it.

I would support something like that, though. But I'd also require a fair and open assessment of what the costs will really be of a full border wall. I suspect trumpco doesnt care. It's more about meaning and getting a win than functional cost-benefit. Really I'd support some wall but a full 2k mile wall is infeasible and will likely function poorly without significant supporting costs.

They can only build about another 1300 miles, period. The terrain goes to hell in a hand basket for the rest of the way. They might be able to go another 500 past that point but it's going to get real expensive. But about 500 miles can't be done.

Also, many of the Texans New Mexicans and Arizonan say they won't sell their land at a fir market value so they will have to use eminent domain. You want to see Arizona and Texas go Blue real fast? That's the way to do it.

DACA for the Wall?

They can't welch on the Border Security. It's set to a minimum of 1.3 billion by a 2006 Law annually. They've upped it to 1.6 if Trump will deal. That's where it stands right now. You keep saying Wall. It's Border Security and some of that money has to go to adding to the wall and multi layered security fence. Just keep making shit up as you go.
Fuck that. If they don't approve $5.8 billion, then it's time for a national emergency.

Do you idiots actually believe we are going to put up with your horseshit? We've heard it all a million times, and we know it's all designed to delay doing anything about controlling the border. You're all a bunch of fucking douchebags. Don't even think that we're falling for any of your lame-assed shit.

Why or why not?

If they build 1400 miles of wall, I will be more than happy.

Why or why not?

They can only build about another 1300 miles, period. The terrain goes to hell in a hand basket for the rest of the way. They might be able to go another 500 past that point but it's going to get real expensive. But about 500 miles can't be done.

Also, many of the Texans New Mexicans and Arizonan say they won't sell their land at a fir market value so they will have to use eminent domain. You want to see Arizona and Texas go Blue real fast? That's the way to do it.
Most of the land along the border is already owned by the government, dumbass. There are probably fewer than a hundred people who own land on the border. How is that going to turn Texas blue?

Wrong, shit for brains. Prestressed concrete panels made in a factory will work just fine. They work for parking garages, so why not for a wall? In fact, they use them all the time to build sound walls along highways .

Why should prestressed panels be any more likely to have holes in them than any other type of wall? Obviously, like every dumb shit snowflake, your claim is based on the premise that no one will be guarding the wall. People aren't as stupid as you imagine they are.

You just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You prove it every time you post.

You just don't have a clue how to build a long lasting wall. The Illegals have been known to show up with jackhammers which will go through your prestressed panels like butter. But the Reinforced Cement bases will be about 6 feet thick and it's going to take a very, very long time to punch through that. There will be a lot of noise for a very long time and it should attract attention before they get through it. Now have you considered how thick your prestress panels are going to be? They had better be damned thick and that makes them a bear to transport and handle. The Reinforced Concrete is poured right on the spot making the various parts much easier to transport since the major component will be a special blend of Concrete that will last for centuries.

Now, stop this nonsense. The fact of the matter is, Trump isn't building any walls right now except for his "Test" walls. But, by law, he's supposed to doing so as well as upkeep on the existing walls and multi layered Security Fences and adding and supporting the other parts that make up a Border Security that you keep leaving out. That's Bush Jr and Obama 733 and Trump 0.

You just don't have a clue how to build a long lasting wall. The Illegals have been known to show up with jackhammers which will go through your prestressed panels like butter. But the Reinforced Cement bases will be about 6 feet thick and it's going to take a very, very long time to punch through that. There will be a lot of noise for a very long time and it should attract attention before they get through it. Now have you considered how thick your prestress panels are going to be? They had better be damned thick and that makes them a bear to transport and handle. The Reinforced Concrete is poured right on the spot making the various parts much easier to transport since the major component will be a special blend of Concrete that will last for centuries.

Now, stop this nonsense. The fact of the matter is, Trump isn't building any walls right now except for his "Test" walls. But, by law, he's supposed to doing so as well as upkeep on the existing walls and multi layered Security Fences and adding and supporting the other parts that make up a Border Security that you keep leaving out. That's Bush Jr and Obama 733 and Trump 0.
You have to be joking. "Jack hammers?" The border patrol would show in 60 seconds. Once again, you assume no one is guarding the wall. You're just another lying bonehead lying douchebag left-winger.

The existing barrier is a motley jury-rigged piece of shit that's assembled from military surplus runway mats, and it's only 10 feet high. It all needs to be replaced.

Why or why not?

If they build 1400 miles of wall, I will be more than happy.

It's in the plans. In the last 10 years, they have built 733 miles. And not all of it is Wall. Using Israels Green Line as an example, Walls work well for Metro Areas but cost so damned much and do absolutely nothing over a cheaper and more effective multi layered Security Fence. But even though Trump is supposed to be adding to the Security Fence/Wall he has done none of that in the 2 years he's been in office. Meanwhile, there are places in the wall that the funds never made it to repair a Wall/Fence that is falling apart. Rust plays hell on steel and you have to periodically clean it and treat it to make it last. Otherwise, in that climate, you end up with a rusting piece of steel that is falling down.

Forum List

Back