Crichton: Warmer's Nightmare

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
I bet Crichton is ROFLHAO....

I read [ame="http://www.amazon.com/State-Fear-Michael-Crichton/dp/0061782661/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261142508&sr=1-3"]this Fiction[/ame] before the Climategate Emails revealed the Conspiracy to Fabricate Science.

If you haven't read State of Fear, then now would be terrific timing.

Last edited:
I read this last summer after running across it at a used book store. Bought it just because Crichton wrote it without knowing anything about the story. He is a more than reliable story teller .

As usual, the man was ahead of the curve.

Last edited:
It's a great prophetic book given today's events, that Warmers manipulated the data

I read this last summer after running across it at a used book store. Bought it just because Crichton wrote it without knowing anything about the story. He is a more than reliable story teller .

Yeah, that's why I picked it up too.

I really wish Fox or someone would wake up and interview him about his feelings regarding Warmergate.

Maybe I should send them an email?:tongue:

I really wish Fox or someone would wake up and interview him about his feelings regarding Warmergate.

Michael passed away.

Michael passed away.

Shoot, I forgot because his latest publication, Pirate Latitudes, was recently published......well, this sucks.

Maybe his editor could do the interview.

In "State of Fear" the Warmers were manipulating the data too

Yes, I'm glad you added this.

all i know is it's freezing in amsterdam and my flight to london this morning got cancelled with gatwick closed due to snow. gordon brown must have a nagging suspicion he's been shoveling bullshit over 'warming'.

Here's one of his presentations, complete with all the pretty colored charts and graphs that all the warmist wackaloons are so enamored of:

Welcome to MichaelCrichton.com

Dude!

Terrific Linky! here's videos there

States of Fear: Science or Politics?
Michael discusses Chernobyl, the origins of the novel State of Fear, the language of ecological scare-tactics, the ongoing, 150-year trend toward energy decarbonization, and the concept of "information invalids"-people sickened by bad information.
The Independent Institute
November 15, 2005

OOOOO! I wannabe an information invalid too!!!:happy-1:

Complexity Theory and Environmental Management
In previous speeches, Michael criticized environmental groups for failing to incorporate complexity theory. Here he explains in detail why complexity theory is essential to environmental management, using the history of Yellowstone Park as an example of what not to do.
Washington Center for Complexity and Public Policy
Washington, D.C.
November 6, 2005

NO! the environment cannot be to complex!!:(

Environmentalism as a Religion
People Who Don't Mind Their Own Business
DDT
Unproven Dangers of Secondhand Smoke
Michael Talks to High School Students CSPAN arranged for students from Cleveland High School in Reseda to question Michael about environmentalism, DDT, and second-hand smoke.
March 16, 2005

I wonder how many times science teachers have played THIS in their classes......:eusa_whistle:

I like the complexity theory one the best.

Like the religious angle, I had made the connections years prior (i.e. dire predictions of doomsayers like Paul Erlich and JK Galbraith almost never ever coming to pass) and hadn't seen anyone put it into words so elaborately, yet concisely.

Like the religious angle, I had made the connections years prior (i.e. dire predictions of doomsayers like Paul Erlich and JK Galbraith almost never ever coming to pass) and hadn't seen anyone put it into words so elaborately, yet concisely.

Yes, putting complex subjects into understandable form certainly was Crichton's gift.

Pity Ron Paul was passed over when this was given out.:confused:

Samson, great thread and great recommendation.

Like yourself I have been on this hoax since at least 1990, and I've seen it grow into quite a little rock-n-roll church, quite the cult. And like all religions, it's completely based on mankind's vanity. Take a look at this, they really wish we would just forget it:

Rain follows the plow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was actual science that said we should just go on ahead and move into arid and semi-arid regions, plow up the soil, dynamite the air, and we would cause regional climate change. This hubris finds its beginnings in the same place all religions do, mankind's vanity and we still haven't learned that doesn't belong in any scientific equation.

By the way here's a little collection of Crichton's opinions on AGW "science."

Michael Crichton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

State of Fears is FICTION you bunch of pea brain morons!
Everyone knows that. Have you read it?

Tell that to the AGW scientists who "fact checked" it and released papers on it, idiot. Let them know it was a work of fiction.

Then ask yourself why none of them ever fact checked any of Al Gore's books, then ask them why.

Last edited:
I bet Crichton is ROFLHAO....

I read this Fiction before the Climategate Emails revealed the Conspiracy to Fabricate Science.

If you haven't read State of Fear, then now would be terrific timing.

State of Fears is FICTION you bunch of pea brain morons!

Yes, that's what I said in the OP............."so no pea brains" would be confused

But thank's for pointing it out again.:eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back