COVID patients overwhelm Texas hospitals, amid 'hair on fire' crisis

Wrong....the numbers are probably more even than we're being told but they're being reported in a biased manner. There's no question in my mind about that. This explains why numbers that come in from other countries show a greater balance in the in the statistics.

The virus does not recognize politics you nitwit.

Jo
No. The virus recognizes

Wearing masks
Social Distancing
No rallies
Get vaccinated
Repeat

I underscored your finger-crossing and return it with... you are probably wrong.

As to what is in your mind and no question, that's an absolute and by nature, typically ill-logical.

What numbers from overseas?

Keep betting the longer odds, and whistling... maybe you'll get lucky.
This post is unintelligent and non sequitur.

Israel's numbers are far more balanced. Not because the virus knows politics either.

I will eventually find the point at which the data is being falsified.

Jo

This post is unintelligent and non sequitur.

Israel's numbers are far more balanced. Not because the virus knows politics either.

I will eventually find the point at which the data is being falsified.

Jo
Your first sentence states an opinion, nothing more.

By far more balanced (Israel), do you mean that a greater rate of vaccinated are dying than are those who refuse the vaccine?

Yes to your eventuality... and one of your 100-1 longshots at the track will eventually win a race.

If your point is that there is a surge of infected and the ICU units are being swamped, then support your claim by showing how much usage has gone up.

They did not do that.

Indeed, they did something else, comparing misleading numbers.

For a reporter to do that, they have to be trying to lie, or utterly incompetent at their job.

Both is an option too.
Texas hospitals overloaded? Triage time.

I know someone's playing with the numbers somewhere to make it look like especially just the red states have unvaccinated deaths. I will eventually find the connection. Somewhere in the data processing train is a false fact that's being multiplied to sculpt the numbers.

Jo
Actually, that's not been my takeaway at all...almost all states are experiencing a surge, of greater or lesser proportions..and in almost all states..the unvaccinated are leading the charge.
The focus on the Red states has to do with both politics..and the intensity of unvaccinated infections as compared with the rest of us. Abbot and de Santos have made it a big deal...so when their states fall flat on their faces....it makes the press.

So that's the narrative right now..on the right..Covid is an illegal immigration problem? Too funny!
I guess it's a handy go-to---as the unvaccinated make up the bulk of emergency cases and deaths..across the nation.

Illegals didn't bring the virus...and they don't spread it any more than trumpkins who refuse to do the correct thing for themselves..and are getting sick do.
Wow, you are so retarded, a retarded monkey thinks you’re stupid. Illegals didn’t bring a virus. And you actually believe that. By the way loser, it’s blacks who don’t want the shots. Go tell them that story.

There are fully vaccinated people in the hospital,and some of them die,just like those who haven't been vaccinated.
Having said that....are you contending that as long as 1 person dies of Covid after vaccination...no matter if it's a 80yo in a hospice--that this somehow equates to the thousands who did not vax..and are dying?

'Cause that's crazy~

Not just like. Very very rare is there a vaccinated person in ICU on a ventilator. Very few of us are dying. Fact. Learn facts pal. Most of the people dying are unvaccinated. But you won't believe that so there you go....

You were saying.....

Absolutely, and rational people put the positives in their favor.

But then there are those who prefer the freedom to die an idiot.
And although I feel like they are putting us in harms way too by not being smart, mostly it's them dying.

Also, I think this is a good lesson to black people. Not everything is whiteys fault. They don't trust the government just as much as Republicans. So they are choosing to not get vaccinated. It's possible that we rushed the vaccine to rich white neighborhoods before poor black neighborhoods but so what? No one showed up at the poor black neighborhoods.

In fact, to show how not racist the rollout of the vaccine was, the first chance I had to get the vaccine was downtown Detroit at Ford Field where the lions play. Everyone in line was white. We put the vaccine so poor blacks would be close to where you have to go so they don't say we are racist, and they aren't coming to get it.

This reminds me of the overall discussion of if America is racist towards blacks. Sure some racism exists. But it's not all whitey's fault. Black folks are doing it to themselves. Just like with Covid.

Are vaccinated people hospitalized and dying at the same rate as the un-vaccinated? Do you not see the importance of probabilities?

It's the bottom of the ninth, two out, bases loaded, and the team you are managing is down a run. Your scheduled hitter has a .200 batting average and never walks. You have a man on the bench who hits .300 and leads the league in drawing walks. Do you use the pinch hitter or shove a pencil in your eye because Trump's a sore loser?

Post #92.

You were saying.....

Did you read any of them? Let me highlight one of the links you posted

More vaccinated people are dying of COVID than unvaccinated people, according to a recent report from Public Health England (PHE). The report shows that 163 of the 257 people (63.4%) who died within 28 days of a positive COVID test between February 1 and June 21, had received at least one dose of the vaccine. At first glance, this may seem alarming, but it is exactly as would be expected.

Here’s a simple thought experiment: imagine everyone is now fully vaccinated with COVID vaccines – which are excellent but can’t save all lives. Some people who get infected with COVID will still die. All of these people will be fully vaccinated – 100%. That doesn’t mean vaccines aren’t effective at reducing death.

PHE data suggests that being double vaccinated reduces the risk of being hospitalized with the now-dominant delta variant by around 96%. Even conservatively assuming the vaccines are no more effective at preventing death than hospitalization (actually they are likely to be more effective at preventing death) this means the risk of death for double vaccinated people has been cut to less than one-twentieth of the value for unvaccinated people with the same underlying risk profile.

The fact that more vaccinated people are dying than unvaccinated people does nothing to undermine vaccine safety or effectiveness. In fact, it’s exactly what we’d expect from the excellent vaccines, which have already saved tens of thousands of lives.

Great article you posted fool. LOL

You were saying.....

From your Forbes link: Note--this data is from June 21, 2021 and thus does not account for the huge numbers being put up by the Delta variant. I wonder if you actually read these links..as they don't support your position in the least..despite the clickbait headlines

That’s as of June 21, 2021. Nearly half (49 percent) of these cases have been female and a little over three-quarters (76 percent) have been 65 years and older. There were a total of 3,907 hospitalizations and 750 deaths among those who had breakthrough infections, although not all of the hospitalizations may have been due primarily to Covid-19.
As I have described previously for Forbes, a “breakthrough infection” is when a fully vaccinated person still gets infected with the Covid-19 coronavirus, otherwise known as the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV2). The 4,115 number does not represent all breakthrough infections that have happened. They are just reported cases where hospitalizations or deaths happened to occur. Back in April, the CDC stopped keeping track of all reported breakthrough infections, choosing instead to focus going forward just on those in which hospitalizations or deaths were involved.
Therefore, the 4,115 is only the tip of the Kardashian so to speak, meaning that it’s only what’s been obvious and getting attention. The actual total number of breakthrough infections is higher although it isn’t really clear how much higher.

Regardless, let’s put the 3,907 hospitalizations and 750 deaths in proper perspective. Over 4,000 may sound like a large number when counting something like the number of marmots in your bed. Certainly any death is tragic. But consider the fact that over 150 million people in U.S. have already been fully vaccinated in U.S. Doing a quick calculation with your abacus and your fingers and toes will reveal that the 4,115 cases constitute less than 0.003% of all fully vaccinated people in the U.S. Compare that with the measured effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccine, which has ranged from about 70 percent to 95 plus percent. That means that at least 5% of the time a vaccine may not be able to prevent Covid-19 after exposure to the virus.

You were saying.....

Put it this way fool. I'm playing russian roulette with a gun that has 100 chambers. Spin it. Chances of me getting shot are slim. You're playing the same game with a 5 shot revolver.

Did you read any of them? Let me highlight one of the links you posted

More vaccinated people are dying of COVID than unvaccinated people, according to a recent report from Public Health England (PHE). The report shows that 163 of the 257 people (63.4%) who died within 28 days of a positive COVID test between February 1 and June 21, had received at least one dose of the vaccine. At first glance, this may seem alarming, but it is exactly as would be expected.

Here’s a simple thought experiment: imagine everyone is now fully vaccinated with COVID vaccines – which are excellent but can’t save all lives. Some people who get infected with COVID will still die. All of these people will be fully vaccinated – 100%. That doesn’t mean vaccines aren’t effective at reducing death.

PHE data suggests that being double vaccinated reduces the risk of being hospitalized with the now-dominant delta variant by around 96%. Even conservatively assuming the vaccines are no more effective at preventing death than hospitalization (actually they are likely to be more effective at preventing death) this means the risk of death for double vaccinated people has been cut to less than one-twentieth of the value for unvaccinated people with the same underlying risk profile.

The fact that more vaccinated people are dying than unvaccinated people does nothing to undermine vaccine safety or effectiveness. In fact, it’s exactly what we’d expect from the excellent vaccines, which have already saved tens of thousands of lives.

Great article you posted fool. LOL

Did YOU read all of them?
The fact is many fully vaccinated are dying from covide.

From your Forbes link: Note--this data is from June 21, 2021 and thus does not account for the huge numbers being put up by the Delta variant.

That’s as of June 21, 2021. Nearly half (49 percent) of these cases have been female and a little over three-quarters (76 percent) have been 65 years and older. There were a total of 3,907 hospitalizations and 750 deaths among those who had breakthrough infections, although not all of the hospitalizations may have been due primarily to Covid-19.
As I have described previously for Forbes, a “breakthrough infection” is when a fully vaccinated person still gets infected with the Covid-19 coronavirus, otherwise known as the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV2). The 4,115 number does not represent all breakthrough infections that have happened. They are just reported cases where hospitalizations or deaths happened to occur. Back in April, the CDC stopped keeping track of all reported breakthrough infections, choosing instead to focus going forward just on those in which hospitalizations or deaths were involved.
Therefore, the 4,115 is only the tip of the Kardashian so to speak, meaning that it’s only what’s been obvious and getting attention. The actual total number of breakthrough infections is higher although it isn’t really clear how much higher.

Regardless, let’s put the 3,907 hospitalizations and 750 deaths in proper perspective. Over 4,000 may sound like a large number when counting something like the number of marmots in your bed. Certainly any death is tragic. But consider the fact that over 150 million people in U.S. have already been fully vaccinated in U.S. Doing a quick calculation with your abacus and your fingers and toes will reveal that the 4,115 cases constitute less than 0.003% of all fully vaccinated people in the U.S. Compare that with the measured effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccine, which has ranged from about 70 percent to 95 plus percent. That means that at least 5% of the time a vaccine may not be able to prevent Covid-19 after exposure to the virus.

A Texas man who helped organize protests against pandemic restrictions is fighting for his life after being hospitalized for nearly a month with COVID-19, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported.

His wife, “He’s not doing good. It’s not looking in our favor,” she said. “His lungs are stiff due to the fibrosis. They called and said they’ve run out of options for him and asked if I would consent to a do not resuscitate. And it would be up to us when to stop treatments.”

Caleb Wallace, a 30-year-old father of three, has been unconscious, ventilated and heavily sedated in the ICU at Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo since Aug. 8. His wife said on a GoFundMe page for household and medical bills that he was was intubated multiple times, had high fevers, infection and bleeding in his chest.

First of all, go fund me? Do you mean this guy doesn't have insurance or money? And he's a Republican? He deserves what he's getting right now. It's the only lesson Republicans will learn. Has to hit them personally otherwise no empathy. I wouldn't give his family one dime. Like the insurance companies, me funding them isn't profitable for me. Let him pay the bill when he gets out. Or let his wife or widow pay. No government assistance.

Just like the insurance companies, I'm a business. I'm not just a businessman I'm a BUSINESS, MAN! LOL. JaZ quote. Every man for himself. In a world like that, I aint goingtofundnuthin. He should have voted for single payer.

Did YOU read all of them?
The fact is many fully vaccinated are dying from covide.
Dude..your use of the term 'many' is only accurate if you acknowledge that 'many, many more' unvaccinated are getting seriously ill and dying. Your point, which seems to be if vaccinated are dying in ANY numbers it somehow justifies not vaxxing..is total bullshit.
Otherwise you're a bit full of shyte.
Across the board, both in percentages or raw numbers..unvaccinated lead the charge..by such a margin as to make your assertions nonsense.

Forum List

Back