Coulter Column: How Do I Hate Soccer? Let Me Count the Ways...

I get not liking soccer. I'm not a fan of it myself.

But Coulter is simply a troll. I didn't read the linked article because I have already passed my threshold for Coulter for one day. I read the article about her claiming " I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer". In the same article she claimed the growing interest in soccer is a sign of the moral decay in the country.

I can't take her seriously when she is that ignorant.

You take Coulter seriously the same way you liberals take Jon Stewart seriously.

Coulter does a lot of "tongue-in-cheek" commentary, and Stewart TRIES to do the same but fails miserably.

Too bad liberals have ZERO sense of humor, unless the faux comedian is also a liberal.

Coulter's take on soccer is FUNNY, and has a lot of truth to it.

Sorry that you metrosexual liberals just don't get it.

Last edited:
I played one season of soccer as a kid back in 1972 or so, was the worst "sport" I ever played.

Now I have a bunch of Brazilian relatives on my wifes' side who love that shit and go completely crazy. They contact me on FaceBook; "Are you excited about the World Cup? The USA team is getting better." Uh, no.

I just can't get excited about this "Kick the Ball into the Net" tournament.

I learned about soccer in Jr High

PE teacher; Gunna teach you how to play soccer this week.
class; Soccer?
Teach; Yes, this is how it's blah blah blah
class; Oh, kickball. Why didn't you just say that?

The lost time rule.

It's just plain stupid! If soccer fans want this game to catch on in America, then make soccer get an off the field ref, that keeps up with lost time, then put the lost time back on the scoreboard so the fans can know how long to play. Until that happens it will be a stupid game.

I think that if there is a point, it is that soccer, despite being "loved" by billions of humans, is a pretty lame sport when you get right down to it. Any sport where you can't use your hands is just stupid.

Indoor soccer provides a level of excitement that is comparable to some other "good" sports, but any sport whose finest games are games in which only a couple of points are scored is not worth the time investment to watch them.

Contrast soccer with baseball (a game considered boring by most people who are not familiar with it), where on any given pitch a player COULD hit a home run which could have a direct affect on the outcome of the game. In top level soccer for 95% of the game there is absolutely NOTHING that could happen (other than a heart attack of a top player) that could affect the outcome of the game.

Two weeks from now, it will be possible to capture all of the highlights of the entire tournament in five minutes of videotape. THAT might be worth watching.

A play in football takes 3-5 seconds. There are about 120-140 plays in a game. That means the total action in a football game is 6-12 minutes. Many of those plays don't go anywhere. Yet the game last 3-4 hours. Soccer is done in less than 2. That's why we have highlight shows like Sportscenter, you can easily wrap up a game in 30-60 seconds.

I love both sports but the point is every sport during the game has a lull point. Doesn't make them boring.

I saw Hannity interview Coulter about this. He did not take her to task whatsoever. It was just 'oh__ Anne, you scamp you.' No surprise there though.

I learned about soccer in Jr High

PE teacher; Gunna teach you how to play soccer this week.
class; Soccer?
Teach; Yes, this is how it's blah blah blah
class; Oh, kickball. Why didn't you just say that?

Kickball and soccer are two different things. I've known some great kickballers; Huey Lewis to name one of many.

So who brought SOCCER into the public schools? The stalinsts of course....euro-trash and latin game....has nothing to do with American people. You might recall McNamara knew the rooshins were in Cuba when the sats showed soccer fields. These kids should be playing football in the fall, basketball in the winter, and baseball in spring. That's how my generation rolled and we turned out pretty damn good athletes. The other sports like track and field, wrestling, and tennis are acceptable. I never considered golf or bowling sports. So of course that's what Barry the Fairy likes.....he bowled a 34.....a 34! And no cameras are allowed during his golf outtings....wonder why?

I would have thought trANNy Coulter would love soccer. She was a dude, right?

AnnCoulterIsAMan.jpg

Dudes love soccer.

All I can say is thank God it's over and we won't have to deal with it for ...... ?

What! They're already playing qualifying rounds. :(

Forum List

Back