Nba draft day!

TrainTime

Rookie
Feb 7, 2014
As a Phoenix Suns fan, I've been looking forward to today since last June. This is part dos of the master plan to rebuild the franchise into a powerhouse again. GM McDonough is being hailed a McMiracle for what he pulled off last year.

He dealt aging veterans for a team of unknowns and young retreads who ROCKED the league with a run and gun offense that was fun to watch. They were slated to win 16 games and join the 76ers as one of the worst teams ever. Instead they missed the playoffs by ONE GAME....if only Bledsoe hadn't hurt his knee.

And in the process took in 3 first round pics in today's draft along with 2 more in the 2015 draft. He's a former Celtics assistant and only 35 years old....a boy wonder in the NBA front offices. His job this year is to parlay what he put together last year into an improved and improving product....no easy task. Now the League knows how sharp he is and will be wary of his proposals.

My hope is that Stauskas from UM falls to #14 if the Suns can't move up to grab him sooner. With #16 I like Payne from the Spartans...a stretch-4 with a mean streak. Him and Markieff Morris will be fun to watch when the rough stuff with Portland starts in November. And of course the Suns are $20M under the cap and have plans to sign a true STAR by hook or by crook. There's even a rumor they may pursue.........

Lebron. :ack-1:

Last edited:
  • Banned
UPDATE:

Otay....the Suns drafted TJ Warren and Tyler Ennis....a SF and PG. Both are quality athletes and expected to make the squad and watch and learn the NBA. Both will get small minutes unless of course there is an injury to a regular (to avoid a jinxTrain knocks on wood, throws salt over left shoulder).

TODAY: Channing Frye signs a 4 year deal with ORLANDO...nobody saw that coming. Suns secretly have to be pleased because it was time for a new PF. And his heart could blow up which is no longer a Phoenix concern (see above for jinx protection). He can be replaced internally by the Morris twins or maybe.......LEBRON.
ack-1.gif

Suns won't wait past Thursday without a yes or no from James. If it's a no, that's fine. They can sign Bledsoe and PJ Tucker and wait until next year for Kevin Love. Which is why they haven't spoken seriously to Minnesota. Other restricted FA that interest the Suns are forwards Gordon Hayward from Utah and Chandler Parsons with Houston...... both are expected to be contract-matched by their GMs. That leaves Carmelo Anthony. No thanks. Ball hog, no defense, uncoachable.

Last edited:
As a Phoenix Suns fan, I've been looking forward to today since last June. This is part dos of the master plan to rebuild the franchise into a powerhouse again. GM McDonough is being hailed a McMiracle for what he pulled off last year.

He dealt aging veterans for a team of unknowns and young retreads who ROCKED the league with a run and gun offense that was fun to watch. They were slated to win 16 games and join the 76ers as one of the worst teams ever. Instead they missed the playoffs by ONE GAME....if only Bledsoe hadn't hurt his knee.

And in the process took in 3 first round pics in today's draft along with 2 more in the 2015 draft. He's a former Celtics assistant and only 35 years old....a boy wonder in the NBA front offices. His job this year is to parlay what he put together last year into an improved and improving product....no easy task. Now the League knows how sharp he is and will be wary of his proposals.

My hope is that Stauskas from UM falls to #14 if the Suns can't move up to grab him sooner. With #16 I like Payne from the Spartans...a stretch-4 with a mean streak. Him and Markieff Morris will be fun to watch when the rough stuff with Portland starts in November. And of course the Suns are $20M under the cap and have plans to sign a true STAR by hook or by crook. There's even a rumor they may pursue.........

Lebron. :ack-1:
What do you think about jaden ivey?

Forum List

Back