Could the US defeat China in a CONVENTIONAL war?

You mean a drone is conventional war .
?

Depending on the payload, absolutely. If the drone isn't carrying a nuclear payload, its definitely conventional.

Conventional is basically anything that's not a WMD.

If its got a nuclear payload, a subaru would be unconventional.

Here's the UN on the topic (though they don't mention Subarus)

Depending on the payload, absolutely. If the drone isn't carrying a nuclear payload, its definitely conventional.

Conventional is basically anything that's not a WMD.

If its got a nuclear payload, a subaru would be unconventional.

Here's the UN on the topic (though they don't mention Subarus)

That’s the old definition. Now, every major power has access to strategic nuclear weapons which can be used on the battlefield. WMD ? We’ve blurred the idea. There are some bombs with the power of low yield nukes.

That’s the old definition. Now, every major power has access to strategic nuclear weapons which can be used on the battlefield. WMD ? We’ve blurred the idea. There are some bombs with the power of low yield nukes.
A strategic nuclear weapon is a WMD.

The definitions of conventional aren't 'old', they're perfectly current. There are 4 treaties that define the laws surrounding this issue. The Arms Treaty of 2013, the UN Program of Action from 2001, the ITI for tracing in 2005 and the UN Firearms protocol from 2001.

The treaty that deals with the gray zone of conventional weapons that are 'deemed t be excessively injurious or to have indiscriminate effects' is way, way older than any of them....written in 1980. Though it was amended in 2001.

I EXPLAINED THE NAVY, THE SHIP BUILDING PROCESS, THE AIR FORCES, HOW ARE YOU CONFUSED?????
How many decades would it take for them to develop the ships and aircraft needed to do that?

How many ships would they have to build? We would just need to ensure we have enough torpedoes for our attack submarines to send them to the bottom of the Pacific. Ducks in a barrel!

They buy all of the jet engines for their civilian aircraft from western sources. That speaks volumes about their ability to produce engines for their military aircraft. Their aircraft are mostly Russian designed and built under license.

Their only strategic bomber is the H-6 which is a 1950s Soviet design they built in the late 60s and early 70s. It was obsolete the day it rolled off the assembly line. It only as a 3700 nm range without air-to-air refueling.

I am confused because you seem to be under the influence of some mind-altering substance.

How many decades would it take for them to develop the ships and aircraft needed to do that?

How many ships would they have to build? We would just need to ensure we have enough torpedoes for our attack submarines to send them to the bottom of the Pacific. Ducks in a barrel!

They buy all of the jet engines for their civilian aircraft from western sources. That speaks volumes about their ability to produce engines for their military aircraft. Their aircraft are mostly Russian designed and built under license.

Their only strategic bomber is the H-6 which is a 1950s Soviet design they built in the late 60s and early 70s. It was obsolete the day it rolled off the assembly line. It only as a 3700 nm range without air-to-air refueling.

I am confused because you seem to be under the influence of some mind-altering substance.
Here is what I wrote about the ship building process:

Do you know how long it would take for them to build everything? In WWII, it took on average, 42 days for the U.S. to crank out ONE liberty supply ship at peak war production effort. The parts were supplied by over 15 factories, and then it took about a week to assemble. China could do it, but to create thousands of ships, in places where they could even build ships, would take a very long time. It wouldn't be like the U.S. would be sitting on the beaches just watching them do it without preparations of our own, you know.

There, I have it written down. How are you confused?

Until you realize the absolutely staggering statistics of it. In order for China to land 100,000,000 troops in the U.S., China first has to have an extraordinarily large fleet to house these men. If we cram theoretically, 10,00 men onto one troop carrier, it would take ten thousand troop carrier ships to hold the men, and gear, and ammunition, and tanks, and vehicles, and supplies, etc. So we're talking about a flotilla of nearly 15,000-20,000 ships. Now exactly how long would it take this flotilla to get here? The fastest cargo ships take about two weeks to sail from China to the U.S., with others taking over a month. That gives the U.S. plenty of time to pick ships off while they're still out at sea, and mass forces at the landing points. Unless China builds itself a massive 20,000 ship flotilla of top speed troop carrier ships, Chinese soldiers won't be hitting the beaches any time soon.

By air, China would have a rough time trying to bomb the U.S. with their planes limited fuel windows, while the U.S. has the comfort of being at home base. We can meet them out at sea with plenty of fuel, while they burn precious fuel carrying munitions, with just enough to get them back home.

I explained the impossibility of a Chinese invasion. How are you confused? If you're gonna be this retarded, put me on ignore please.

Here is what I wrote about the ship building process:

Do you know how long it would take for them to build everything? In WWII, it took on average, 42 days for the U.S. to crank out ONE liberty supply ship at peak war production effort. The parts were supplied by over 15 factories, and then it took about a week to assemble. China could do it, but to create thousands of ships, in places where they could even build ships, would take a very long time. It wouldn't be like the U.S. would be sitting on the beaches just watching them do it without preparations of our own, you know.

There, I have it written down. How are you confused?

Until you realize the absolutely staggering statistics of it. In order for China to land 100,000,000 troops in the U.S., China first has to have an extraordinarily large fleet to house these men. If we cram theoretically, 10,00 men onto one troop carrier, it would take ten thousand troop carrier ships to hold the men, and gear, and ammunition, and tanks, and vehicles, and supplies, etc. So we're talking about a flotilla of nearly 15,000-20,000 ships. Now exactly how long would it take this flotilla to get here? The fastest cargo ships take about two weeks to sail from China to the U.S., with others taking over a month. That gives the U.S. plenty of time to pick ships off while they're still out at sea, and mass forces at the landing points. Unless China builds itself a massive 20,000 ship flotilla of top speed troop carrier ships, Chinese soldiers won't be hitting the beaches any time soon.

By air, China would have a rough time trying to bomb the U.S. with their planes limited fuel windows, while the U.S. has the comfort of being at home base. We can meet them out at sea with plenty of fuel, while they burn precious fuel carrying munitions, with just enough to get them back home.

I explained the impossibility of a Chinese invasion. How are you confused? If you're gonna be this retarded, put me on ignore please.
You made your argument and then destroyed it in the very same post. You tell us they could invade and then explain why it would be impossible to do so!

Are you high?

Your original post was:
China invading the U.S. would stomp out any doubt of American morale. You'd be a fucking idiot to think that it wouldn't.

The US could defeat the Chinese naval and air forces in a matter of days. Occupying mainland China would be simply impossible. The Army and Marines could almost sit out the war, as they would not be needed.

The only thing China could do then is invade their communist neighbors, while suffering constant attacks from the air and sea with bombers and cruise missiles until they saw fit to surrender.

The key is not to get sucked into a ground war with China IN mainland China..

Not only that China wouldnt be able to feed so many soldiers.
Hell they barely get by now.
Like was said,you sit back off their coast and bomb the crap out of every ship that leaves port and shoot down every plane in the air.
China has a lot of people...and thats it.

I think the video I watched was based on China sweeping across the globe East to West.

That wont help them beat the US.
Our air assets are so superior to theirs it's a joke.
And as was mentioned while they have a shitload of soldiers they still have to feed them,supply lines would be easy to take out once we gained air superiority.

Let's put it this way

Not today.....but in a few more years, China will be able to defeat the US in a conventional war.

Or that's what military experts have been saying!

Only Heaven knows what will happen! :dunno:

Forum List

Back