Could the US defeat China in a CONVENTIONAL war?

In a conventional war....where?

The US's greatest strength is that it can project force across the world while being geographically isolated from any major power that could threaten it....save with unconventional attacks.

China has difficulty projecting it power into the Sea of China. Let alone San Diego or the Pentagon.
You are mistaken

China has a very capable navy that was built to dominate asia

I don't see China or anyone else risking a land assault against America. Our civilian arsenal is well known throughout the world.
As is the Olympic sprinting quality of those who wield it. Remember how that was demonstrated at a march in Dallas?
About 20 to 30 open-carry gun rights activists joined the protest march, some wearing gas masks, bulletproof vests, and fatigues, according to Dallas Police Chief David Brown.

Our Navy alone would end them.

Other than that... with 1 in 5 teens now identifying as LGBQT, the rest play video games 24/7 and have absolutely zero patriotism - in a few years all China has to do is show up... announce free video games and unlocked iPhones and America would simply give up.

I dunno... how do our tanks and planes and drones and navy and weapons systems stack-up against the Chinese? Size-of-forces isn't always a deciding factor.

I'm pretty sure that our Navy would obliterate its Chinese counterpart regardless of the size of the fleets, with some initial difficulty, but rapidly overcoming.

I'm pretty sure that our Air Force would beat its Chinese counterpart although it might be tough going during the early stages.

I'm pretty sure that our Logistics capabilities are vastly superior so I give us an excellent chance on the ground if both sides face similar distance challenges.

If they have land bridges and we don't then all bets are off but land forces plus air force and navy... well... I still would not bet against us in such a brawl.

Which is about as far as my very cloudy crystal ball and fuzzy logic and marginally-informed state on the subject take me on this particular question.

Last edited:
We would have zero problems with China in a conventional war.
They do not have to go to war. They are beating us economically. We are formidable still. But we are into ourselves now. And fighting amongst ourselves which was done on purpose. What can be dangerous is Taiwan. The Chinese Navy is larger than ours but the technology a bit less currently. We have their Navy somewhat bottled up a bit. Getting Taiwan back opens up a lot more area for them. Their influence is growing in many parts of the world and their economy is on the upswing.

I do not think so at all.

If I am wrong, explain how the US would defeat China in an all out conventional war. Specifically.
The US Air Force and Navy. China can not compete. There is the fact that the US had been in constant combat operations for the last 20 years and China military hasn't done much of anything but parades and harassing it's citizens.

If the US goes all out China is toast.

They do not have to go to war. They are beating us economically. We are formidable still. But we are into ourselves now. And fighting amongst ourselves which was done on purpose. What can be dangerous is Taiwan. The Chinese Navy is larger than ours but the technology a bit less currently. We have their Navy somewhat bottled up a bit. Getting Taiwan back opens up a lot more area for them. Their influence is growing in many parts of the world and their economy is on the upswing.
China doesn't have a larger navy than we have.

Our armed forces are way too discounted and tough. Nobody could defeat us. China is declining.

Our Navy alone would end them.

Other than that... with 1 in 5 teens now identifying as LGBQT, the rest play video games 24/7 and have absolutely zero patriotism - in a few years all China has to do is show up... announce free video games and unlocked iPhones and America would simply give up.
What do you mean, 'in a few years'?

1663936675338.png

You are mistaken

China has a very capable navy that was built to dominate asia
Chinas Navy is a joke by comparison. Much like the famed Spanish Armada, the bulk of their vessels are retrofitted merchant, and fishing vessels, pressed into service; rather than purpose built war machines. Their best carrier is an old Soviet era diesel chugger. Even their carrier based fighters cannot lift off from their carriers with a full payload because the engines suck. Couple all that with no real world experience in naval combat, and it would be over quite quickly…

Forum List

Back