Could the US defeat China in a CONVENTIONAL war?

Do you know how long it would take for them to build everything? In WWII, it took on average, 42 days for the U.S. to crank out ONE liberty supply ship at peak war production effort. The parts were supplied by over 15 factories, and then it took about a week to assemble. China could do it, but to create thousands of ships, in places where they could even build ships, would take a very long time. It wouldn't be like the U.S. would be sitting on the beaches just watching them do it without preparations of our own, you know.

There is more to consider. How is morale in all military branches?

How was that Afghan withdraw?

I do not see the people who planned that abortion defeating China.

The US could defeat the Chinese naval and air forces in a matter of days. Occupying mainland China would be simply impossible. The Army and Marines could almost sit out the war, as they would not be needed.

The only thing China could do then is invade their communist neighbors, while suffering constant attacks from the air and sea with bombers and cruise missiles until they saw fit to surrender.

The key is not to get sucked into a ground war with China IN mainland China..
The problem is China would never accept defeat in any form.
It would come down to a scorched earth first.
We are culturally much different.
We weigh the cost of things like war differently.

Are there really pop-culture educated idiots who think a conventional war between the gigantic powers on the globe is freaking possible?

The supply lines would insane.

If China mobilized all of their factories to build war machines like the US did for WWII, they could easily dedeat us.

They produce most of our shit. We have no strategic protection from globalism.

What exactly do we need from China? What do they produce that could not be produced here? I see you have stock in Chicken Little LLC.

There is more to consider. How is morale in all military branches?

How was that Afghan withdraw?

I do not see the people who planned that abortion defeating China.

China invading the U.S. would stomp out any doubt of American morale. You'd be a fucking idiot to think that it wouldn't.

Oh no, China is invading! We withdrew from Afghanistan, so we may as well give up!" what kind of bullshit is that?

You would see national unity like never before, all united against the invader. American morale would be incredibly high, regardless of past mistakes we've made. Don't forget the citizen army of millions of gun owners who have been itching for a scenario like this for years.

The US could defeat the Chinese naval and air forces in a matter of days. Occupying mainland China would be simply impossible. The Army and Marines could almost sit out the war, as they would not be needed.

The only thing China could do then is invade their communist neighbors, while suffering constant attacks from the air and sea with bombers and cruise missiles until they saw fit to surrender.

The key is not to get sucked into a ground war with China IN mainland China..

We learned that during the Korean War when Chinese troops came at us in massive waves.

China would send 100,000,000 soldiers and overwhelm us without mercy.
They’d have to get them here. This is where the Navy comes in. Sadly, that’s where our elected officials come in. They don’t necessarily think with logic. And when China develops hypersonic naval weapons, I wonder how ready we can be (in a timely fashion) in meeting that threat?

(A quick google search suggests that even Brandon hasn’t been poorly funded for our military so far.)

I think I just found who I'd want to be the point man for my patrol.

Of course you probably think guns are icky, do you'd just get a dildo instead of a carbine.

Would that be with a bright orange vest?

China invading the U.S. would stomp out any doubt of American morale. You'd be a fucking idiot to think that it wouldn't.

Oh no, China is invading! We withdrew from Afghanistan, so we may as well give up!" what kind of bullshit is that?

You would see national unity like never before, all united against the invader. American morale would be incredibly high, regardless of past mistakes we've made. Don't forget the citizen army of millions of gun owners who have been itching for a scenario like this for years.

Who said anything about invasion?

Would that be with a bright orange vest?

Yes, and a PT belt, so he doesn't get ran over by a Chinese tank.

1663894042928.png

They’d have to get them here. This is where the Navy comes in. Sadly, that’s where our elected officials come in. They don’t necessarily think with logic. And when China develops hypersonic naval weapons, I wonder how ready we can be (in a timely fashion) in meeting that threat?

(A quick google search suggests that even Brandon hasn’t been poorly funded for our military so far.)
For all this talk about hypersonic weapons, the Chinese are just like the North Koreans. They have a weapon but haven't figured out a way to put the bullet on the target.

Even with nuclear missiles, the NORKs have consistently failed to show they can even hit the broad side of a barn!

When they demonstrate the ability to actually place the ordnance on target, then I will be concerned.

Forum List

Back