"Corporations are people my friend"

But they are people. A corporation is a group of people who have through the law united to conduct a common business.

I know it hurts your constant attacks on the American people to actually see corporations and other businesses as what they really are. It's easy to attack people earning a living and working to improve society and make a living when you take away all humanity out of the image. But unless we start creating genetic hybrids or machines that need employment, corporations will always be an association of people. You can't avoid it.
Yeah, corporations are people......Made of people........Without the people, it's not much of a corporation.

I think the context of what Romney said flew right over Wry's head.......Or he knows exactly what Rmney meant, and is just playing typical liberal idiotic games in desperate hope that people will actually believe it......The only ones who will believe it though, are his fellow stupid liberals.

Sad though, that the lefties have declared war on so many people.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."
Benito Mussolini

Romney's heckler was a liberal operative sent in to disrupt things. Typical mob mentality. Those darn coporations with their evil CEOs need to be shut down so we all can be unemployed and enjoy the teet of the nanny state. The problem there is that other people's money would soon run out. Wait, the money has already run out.

When was the last time the government hanged a corporation?

How many corporations have gone to prison?

Let's stop being silly, shall we?

Corporations are legal fictions.

Even if they are owed by a single individual, they are legal entities and not people.

Anybody can incorporate. Corporations -R-Us. I'm not a big fan of Romney but he is right and I am truly surprised at the attitude of radical lefties.

Why would you be surprised? I am surprised whenever they say anything that's actually true.

Romney was clearly incorrect. A person, as defined by dictionary.com, is a human being or self-aware entity. "people" refers to two or more persons. A corporation is an organization of people. The members of a corporation are people but corporations are not people.

Romney's point seems to have been that corporate profits go to people, rather than being swallowed by some faceless entity. This is certainly true, and I don't think that his phrasing indicates that he was lying or crazy. However, I do think it has the potential to embarrass him politically. Anti-corporatism is alive and well, and I expect that if Romney makes it to the general election he's going to see quite a few "Corporations are people, my friend" running against him.

cor·po·ra·tion   /ˌkɔrpəˈreɪʃən/ Show Spelled[kawr-puh-rey-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
1. an association of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.
2. ( initial capital letter ) the group of principal officials of a borough or other municipal division in England.
3. any group of persons united or regarded as united in one body.

Corporation | Define Corporation at Dictionary.com

This just goes to show how detached liberals are from reality, especially the business world.

To liberals corporations are huge evil entities that only care about making money. The people that run them are not human beings, they are monsters.

Does anyone bother to do even a cursory search before they post?

I saw the same clip.

I dunno how anyone thinks he's going to win the general now.

Lots of baggage, then this.

It was that bad.

Your belief that the public hates corporations as much as the typical Kool-Aid guzzling drone isn't supported by any evidence I've ever seen.

I don't believe that the public hates corporations. The public hates which could adequately be described as "corporatism". Which is the opposite of capitalism. Because part and parcel with corporatism is the elimination of competition.

It's a capitalist thing..and you wouldn't understand that.

Romney was clearly incorrect. A person, as defined by dictionary.com, is a human being or self-aware entity. "people" refers to two or more persons. A corporation is an organization of people. The members of a corporation are people but corporations are not people.

Romney's point seems to have been that corporate profits go to people, rather than being swallowed by some faceless entity. This is certainly true, and I don't think that his phrasing indicates that he was lying or crazy. However, I do think it has the potential to embarrass him politically. Anti-corporatism is alive and well, and I expect that if Romney makes it to the general election he's going to see quite a few "Corporations are people, my friend" running against him.

Are you retarded? That would explain both you inane comments and your handle.
That was exactly NOT Romney's point. Had you bothered to read the article you would discover that his point is that corporations are simply associations of people. Nor does a corporation become a faceless entity merely by assuming corporate status.

its going to be a bumper sticker

Bumper sticker slogans are the only things liberals have left.

Now, be a good little liberal and just keep repeating it to yourself.

When the country sees you idiots can't put an arguement together thats more than a 5 word bumber sticker, you're going to lose yet another election.

This just goes to show how detached liberals are from reality, especially the business world.

To liberals corporations are huge evil entities that only care about making money. The people that run them are not human beings, they are monsters.

I don't hate corporations. I hate how a lot of them have thrown their money at congress in order to get their way and congress is listening to them because those corporations are lining their pockets with money. That's what you call corporatism. The government and corporations were never meant to be so closely intertwined and it's killing this country. Congress is no longer working of for the people, it's working for the corporations. That's what I hate.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back