“Huge Problem”: The Pentagon’s Rapid Wartime Response Cargo Ships Are Trapped in Baltimore After Bridge Collapse

~~~~~~

Accodingly the clearing of the ship and the brifge superstructure will taje weeks if not months. Rebuilding of the bridge will take years.
This wouldn't be an issue if President were still in the Oval Office. He would have asked for volunteer tradesmen to come to the location, and it would be a historic bragging point for all times of our beautiful America.

I hope Americans put him back on the WH In November in a couple of hundred days more or less from today.

Not a big problem. The geniuses who planned interstate 95 during the Eisenhower administration envisioned a time when U.S. fighting ships might be trapped in Norfolk and that's why it's the Chesapeake Bridge Tunnel .

The Pentagon’s Rapid Wartime Response Cargo Ships Are Trapped in Baltimore​

How many Oxmorons in that headline?

Aybody still believe this wasn't a brilliantly conceived and executed operation?
And just watch the further complications as they occur and are admiitted .

Did the hackers get lucky or have we seen the first of Kim
Dotcom 2 .0 ?

Not a big problem. The geniuses who planned interstate 95 during the Eisenhower administration envisioned a time when U.S. fighting ships might be trapped in Norfolk and that's why it's the Chesapeake Bridge Tunnel .
There is so much wrong here I don't know where to start...

It's like trying to explain great-circle navigation to a flat-earther.
That's my point. Warships are important and the Ike interstate planners added a tunnel to the Chesapeake bridge system so that Norfolk couldn't be bottled in in the event of sabotage. Transports are sailing around the wreckage of the Key bridge as we speak. Gigantic air transports can get products from point A to point B. The Key bridge isn't a national defense issue.

Last edited:
That's my point. Warships are important and the Ike interstate planners added a tunnel to the Chesapeake bridge system so that Norfolk couldn't be bottled in in the event of sabotage. Transports are sailing around the wreckage of the Key bridge as we speak. Gigantic air transports can get products from point A to point B. The Key bridge isn't a national defense issue.
I'll give you a million dollars if you can tell me which Interstate highway is carried on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel.

Ike gets a bad rep among liberals for his alleged casual style and golf playing but the interstate system was his plan in the event of an attack on American soil. The interstate system wasn't set up for truckers and commuters, it was set up for a rapid military deployment. The Delmarva was part of the system and deployment of the military along the Delmarva was an essential part of the interstate system. My point is that the planners in at least in Ike's day were aware of the possibility of sabotage. The example is that a bridge would have put our Norfolk fleet in jeopardy and the interstate planners were aware of it so they added a tunnel. The Key bridge might not have risen to the same level of scrutiny.

Ike gets a bad rep among liberals for his alleged casual style and golf playing but the interstate system was his plan in the event of an attack on American soil. The interstate system wasn't set up for truckers and commuters, it was set up for a rapid military deployment. The Delmarva was part of the system and deployment of the military along the Delmarva was an essential part of the interstate system. My point is that the planners in at least in Ike's day were aware of the possibility of sabotage. The example is that a bridge would have put our Norfolk fleet in jeopardy and the interstate planners were aware of it so they added a tunnel. The Key bridge might not have risen to the same level of scrutiny.
I was just a kid when Ike was President, but I really liked Ike. I liked Mamie Eisenhower, too.

Don't run away! Come on-which Interstate highway does the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel carry?

And even a casual look at any map makes the bridge look like what it is, a stupidly bad idea.

Interstate 95 goes nowhere near Norfolk. You are confused. I lived in Chesapeake VA for three years.

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is US Highway 13.

Forum List

Back