Corporate backlash against Texas

I do not agree with abortions. I do not support abortions. I am not pro abortion.

I am pro choice for the reason you mentioned above. They're gonna do it, so we might as well regulate it so it can be done safely.
You could say that about every unlawful act.
Either you believe an unborn child is a life in which case abortion is murder or you don’t in which case you can do whatever you want with it. It’s not an issue of choice.

If you don’t believe that an unborn child is a life what constitutes ”life” in your mind?

Last edited:
Uber and Lyft have set up funds to defend drivers that are sued and donated millions to planned Parenthood, GoDaddy shut down a snitch site, and so on. This will not stand.

It's a risky proposition. I don't think as many corporations will stand up against this law like they did against the Texas voting restriction law.

Half of America is against abortion. So companies will be risking losing a lot of business for taking sides on the issue.

Uber and Lyft are primarily urban service providers, and urban areas lean more to the left than the rest of Texas. So they aren't taking a huge risk.

Let's see what the airlines do.

How dare Texas try to protect a fetus with a detectable heartbeat! Corporations must rise up and do what they are supposed to do. Swing the sword of Liberal justice!! Hooray for America!!

Wrong.

You’re witnessing appropriate, warranted opposition to Texas lawmakers’ clear contempt for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law – in this case the authoritarian right’s contempt for the right to privacy and the state’s limited authority to dictate to citizens concerning their personal choices.

If it were right leaning powerful corporations doing this shit against a left leaning state, you would be running around screaming in rage.

Your support of it, is just you wanting to win at any costs.

Uber and Lyft have set up funds to defend drivers that are sued and donated millions to planned Parenthood, GoDaddy shut down a snitch site, and so on. This will not stand.

This is tyranny. The market will sort these bastards out, though...lol

I'm quite confident they'd agree with me. Do some reading.

The King of England, was not democratically elected. And even the parliament did not have representation from the colonies.

So, your talk of "democratically elected government", no, they would not agree.

The King of England, was not democratically elected. And even the parliament did not have representation from the colonies.
Ok. So what?
So, your talk of "democratically elected government", no, they would not agree.
Well, it's true. They recognized that, outside of criminal activity, only government can violate one's rights. In the US we have democratically elected government. Ergo ...

Crepitus you don't see how idiotic you people are?
I mean, seriously

...you are PRO murder of babbies???
...yet they want to FORCE people to get vaccinated
NAZIS
If you know where babies are being murdered get off your dumb lazy ass and act. Have you notified the police? You can stop spreading your Covid around any time now or do you want to stay in this pandemic until the end of your life which hopefully comes soon? Effing Moron!

If you know where babies are being murdered get off your dumb lazy ass and act. Have you notified the police? You can stop spreading your Covid around any time now or do you want to stay in this pandemic until the end of your life which hopefully comes soon? Effing Moron!
hahhahahahahahahah--you are babbling like a Banshee----you are insane
HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ok. So what?

Well, it's true. They recognized that, outside of criminal activity, only government can violate one's rights. In the US we have democratically elected government. Ergo ...

I was addressing your previous point, that the founding fathers would have agreed that most "fighting for freedom" is against "democratically elected governments".

The Empire they fought against, was not democratic. The world they lived in, was a world of global empires, that were not democratic, nor free.

The idea of democracy is that people get a voice, and then after the votes, they should be able to work together instead of fighting.

Division is a good thing, when it serves your ends, isn't it?

Given Uber and Lyft's past history of drivers raping women I'm rolling my eyes at their sudden morals
No matter how much conservatives attempt to downplay the repugnant Texas anti-choice measure, regardless how much the right attempts to undermine appropriate, warranted opposition to that reprehensible measure, the fact remains that Texas lawmakers’ have nonetheless set off a political firestorm determined to fight against the tyranny of conservative authoritarianism.

Forum List

Back