Conservatives, the fight is not over!

Because they HAVE to in order to sell to the US market. And BOTH are detrimental to free market capitalism.

Who forced these foreign companies to come here, invest billions of dollars in new facilities and sell product to American consumers? It was Obama wasn't it?

Doesn't the upper management of these companies know that bossy said our free markets aren't free?

Yet here those companies are. Building and selling product and making money doing it.

You ever think you might be full of shit bossy?

There is no "free market" capitalism and free enterprise" as you want.

Only because progressive liberals have been successful in destroying it wherever it exists.
You can believe that if you want.

You want to go back to child labor and no safety or work place regulations.

Yeah, that's what I want, dumbshit... because that's what I said, right? :cuckoo:
Because if you don't have a referee, then, yes, that is what will happen.

Well, I had an '87 Nova... one of the best cars I ever owned.

Funny. You use a joint venture car NUMMI (toyota/gm) as your example of one of your best American made cars. Why?

It was built by the UAW. Driveline designed and built by Toyota. Basically a Toyota corolla. Not a bad car..But not one designed by GM designers and engineers.

Try again.

Oh, I know... fully aware of that. And the Ford 2.0 ltr. is basically an American-engineered Toyota 20-R engine.

Isn't free market capitalism beautiful?

Because they HAVE to in order to sell to the US market. And BOTH are detrimental to free market capitalism.

Who forced these foreign companies to come here, invest billions of dollars in new facilities and sell product to American consumers? It was Obama wasn't it?

Doesn't the upper management of these companies know that bossy said our free markets aren't free?

Yet here those companies are. Building and selling product and making money doing it.

No, Obama is a Marxist who doesn't believe in free market capitalism.... so it wasn't him.

I'm not full of shit... Labor unions ruined the US auto industry. Massive government regulations and mandates didn't help. Foreign companies successfully building great cars across the Southern US are proof positive of what I have stated.

No, Obama is a Marxist who doesn't believe in free market capitalism.... so it wasn't him.

I'm not full of shit... Labor unions ruined the US auto industry. Massive government regulations and mandates didn't help. Foreign companies successfully building great cars across the Southern US are proof positive of what I have stated.
All you're doing is spouting beliefs. Not explaining how what you are saying is true. Explain yourself.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Labor unions ruined the US auto industry. Massive government regulations and mandates didn't help.

Nice people have tried to educate you all day bossy.

Not ONLY are you full of shit. You are stupid too. Bad combo right there bossy.

First it was the unions. Then the regulations.

You never could figure out that if a company designs poor products that consumers won't buy, that loss of business will come back and bite that business in the ass. No matter the regs. No matter the labor rate. Design shitty product that no one buys and your business will suffer or fail.

You are too stupid to.figure that out aren't you?

This is how stupid you are about blaming the unions for the demise of the auto companies.

You claim one of your BEST cars ever was a decent design by Toyota and built by UAW members.

Which is EXACTLY what we have been saying. Give American UAW members a well designed car to build and they would have built it. Give em shit to build and they will.build shit. Not by their choice though.

You are proof of that.

What the fuck is wrong with Liberals that they automatically assume foreign countries (usually European) have the better ideas? No... I don't want to copy Germany... or Italy... or France... or Sweden... or the UK! I want the United States to do what the United States has always done best... lead the fucking world in showing how it's done.

And are we currently doing it best?

This is how stupid you are about blaming the unions for the demise of the auto companies.

You claim one of your BEST cars ever was a decent design by Toyota and built by UAW members.

Which is EXACTLY what we have been saying. Give American UAW members a well designed car to build and they would have built it. Give em shit to build and they will.build shit. Not by their choice though.

You are proof of that.

Nope... it was a joint venture, built in Fremont, California by relatively new assembly workers who were not tenured veterans making unreasonable salaries and with unrealistic benefit packages negotiated through years and years of union representation out of Detroit. It was a chance for GM to learn about lean Japanese production and a chance for Japan to test it's production system in an American environment. Toyota went on to implement their system in Mississippi with non-UAW workers and GM went on to declare Chapter 11.

The venture was initially successful, producing one of the best cars GM has produced in years. GM pulled out several years in because the UAW began exerting it's stronghold over labor and they saw the writing on the wall. Toyota hung in there another couple of years then closed the plant. Tesla Motors now owns the plant and runs a non-union assembly.

BUT... YOU are a pro-union guy.... so you're going to trot out the same tired arguments pro-union guys have been using for decades. There is no reasoning with you... your mind is made up. You are entrenched in your own perception of reality and no one can objectively reason with you anymore.

I am sure there are a lot of very disappointed conservatives out there who are just throwing up their hands today and saying... well, now what? Trump is the GOP nominee and once again, Conservative voters are left in the lurch without a candidate to support for president of the United States. Today, we're having to endure the sickening gloating of the Trump brigade as they parade around on their victory lap, taking their final pot shots and being the smug and arrogant assholes they've learned to be under their leader.

Fear not, the battle may be over but the war rages on. This isn't over by a damn sight and it won't be over regardless of who wins in November. Our focus must now shift to the congressional races where we stand to make great headway in the house and senate. Now more than ever, our strength and resolve becomes crucial. We can't abandon this fight... not now... not ever. We've suffered a setback, that's for sure. It hurts, I know. But we have to press on for the sake of our children, our grandchildren and this country we love so much.

Naturally, we want to know what went wrong. How did we end up on the short end of the stick in this primary which started with such high hopes? The answer is not simple but it can be summed up easily. The establishment GOP is getting their just rewards for abandoning conservative values. Us conservatives would have liked for that to have come in the form of a new conservative revival and for the first time in 40 years, a conservative choice for president. We came close but no one could have estimated the level of anger from those who are simply fed up with politics as usual in Washington. Too many were simply so fed up they weren't willing to give anyone a chance with a message other than "burn the place to the ground and shake it to the foundation because we're fed up." They didn't really care about messages, they just wanted someone who isn't a political insider because that's all they believe they can trust now. And... some of this can be blamed on actual conservatives who were sent to Washington to change things then abandoned their conservatism.

So maybe this is for the best... maybe we needed this? Granted, it's not what seems the best... it's worse than taking a dose of bad tasting medicine. But maybe we need to get this out of our system so we can return to a clean slate and then start to rebuild a true and strong coalition of conservative values? Once the real Donald Trump becomes known, there will be many who regret their choice. He may or may not defeat Hillary in November and some of us may feel obligated to support him even though he makes their blood boil. I can't tell you what is the right thing to do because I think it's a personal decision you'll have to make.

For me personally, I am not ready to support Donald Trump. I think he needs to unify this party and to do so he needs to advance core conservative principles. It's not our obligation to abandon our beliefs and move toward him, it's his duty as the GOP nominee to reassure the base that we can be united under principles we can all be proud to support in November. If he can't do that or his ego won't let him do that, or his supporters refuse to embrace such a concept, they will do so at their own peril. Clearly, this is out of the control of conservatives now, we can't do anything about what Trump does going forward, that's entirely his prerogative. But there are millions and millions of American conservative voters who are listening and waiting for a reason they should vote for this man in November.

Forget about Trumps antagonistic and frenzied base of supporters... they really don't matter here. What they have to say doesn't matter. They are all giddy with excitement like they just won the championship football game and full of beans. They have already demonstrated they will support Trump no matter what he says or how many times he transitions from one side of a position to another. It's a proven quantity and we know that. What matters is what Trump does. He can either continue to alienate conservatives or he can attempt to bring them into the big tent. The course he takes will have a tremendous effect on his general election bid.

Mr Boss, let me help you out on that vote------------------> do NOT vote for Trump, period! Why? One name explains it all, George W Bush. How long if Trump is elected, do you think it will take the left to notice the ECONOMY SUCKS! If he puts in tariffs like his supporters want, what will that do to the economy? Add to that, we know he has no idea what he is doing, since he can't keep a policy stable longer than 24hrs.

And so, knowing that Trump would be a DISASTER, how would we ever get a conservative elected in the future? Just the name of GW sends the lefties into conniption fits now, what do you think would happen if Trump had his way........the way his supporters want, and the economy went South FURTHER, which we both know it would. 2020? 2024? Hell, you may as well forget about it!

And let us face reality for a second----------------->we could see our way to vote for him and take that chance, if he was going to do something worth while. Are tariffs worth while? Since he stated Reagans tax cuts were bad, should we assume he is going to raise taxes? He is a LIBERAL! So why should we get the blame when it heads further South by putting LEFTY calling himself a REPUBLICAN in there. Let Hilly take the heat.

The best thing that could happen for us is------->Hilly gets indicted, Biden takes her place. See what these 42 percenters have caused.........the best we can hope for is Biden, lolol. Now I will never vote for Hilly or Bernie nor Trump, I will vote 3rd party if I have to. But put Biden in place of Hillary, I would vote for him gladly, to hold place while we get it together for 2020!

I am sure there are a lot of very disappointed conservatives out there who are just throwing up their hands today and saying... well, now what? Trump is the GOP nominee and once again, Conservative voters are left in the lurch without a candidate to support for president of the United States. Today, we're having to endure the sickening gloating of the Trump brigade as they parade around on their victory lap, taking their final pot shots and being the smug and arrogant assholes they've learned to be under their leader.

Fear not, the battle may be over but the war rages on. This isn't over by a damn sight and it won't be over regardless of who wins in November. Our focus must now shift to the congressional races where we stand to make great headway in the house and senate. Now more than ever, our strength and resolve becomes crucial. We can't abandon this fight... not now... not ever. We've suffered a setback, that's for sure. It hurts, I know. But we have to press on for the sake of our children, our grandchildren and this country we love so much.

Naturally, we want to know what went wrong. How did we end up on the short end of the stick in this primary which started with such high hopes? The answer is not simple but it can be summed up easily. The establishment GOP is getting their just rewards for abandoning conservative values. Us conservatives would have liked for that to have come in the form of a new conservative revival and for the first time in 40 years, a conservative choice for president. We came close but no one could have estimated the level of anger from those who are simply fed up with politics as usual in Washington. Too many were simply so fed up they weren't willing to give anyone a chance with a message other than "burn the place to the ground and shake it to the foundation because we're fed up." They didn't really care about messages, they just wanted someone who isn't a political insider because that's all they believe they can trust now. And... some of this can be blamed on actual conservatives who were sent to Washington to change things then abandoned their conservatism.

So maybe this is for the best... maybe we needed this? Granted, it's not what seems the best... it's worse than taking a dose of bad tasting medicine. But maybe we need to get this out of our system so we can return to a clean slate and then start to rebuild a true and strong coalition of conservative values? Once the real Donald Trump becomes known, there will be many who regret their choice. He may or may not defeat Hillary in November and some of us may feel obligated to support him even though he makes their blood boil. I can't tell you what is the right thing to do because I think it's a personal decision you'll have to make.

For me personally, I am not ready to support Donald Trump. I think he needs to unify this party and to do so he needs to advance core conservative principles. It's not our obligation to abandon our beliefs and move toward him, it's his duty as the GOP nominee to reassure the base that we can be united under principles we can all be proud to support in November. If he can't do that or his ego won't let him do that, or his supporters refuse to embrace such a concept, they will do so at their own peril. Clearly, this is out of the control of conservatives now, we can't do anything about what Trump does going forward, that's entirely his prerogative. But there are millions and millions of American conservative voters who are listening and waiting for a reason they should vote for this man in November.

Forget about Trumps antagonistic and frenzied base of supporters... they really don't matter here. What they have to say doesn't matter. They are all giddy with excitement like they just won the championship football game and full of beans. They have already demonstrated they will support Trump no matter what he says or how many times he transitions from one side of a position to another. It's a proven quantity and we know that. What matters is what Trump does. He can either continue to alienate conservatives or he can attempt to bring them into the big tent. The course he takes will have a tremendous effect on his general election bid.

I mostly agree, but it really boils down to one question. Do you want the hildabitch or sanders to be picking possibly the next 4 supreme court justices, that could easily be deciding the course of the country for the next 40+ years? If your answer is no, there's only one alternative.

Assuming you consider that an alternative, which I do not. I don't want Hillary, Bernie, OR the Orange Jesus picking the Supreme Court justices.

Well feel free to share with the rest of us what you consider a plausible alternative at this point in time.

A plausible alternative, as in "How do we get someone else to nominate Justices", or a plausible alternative, as in "Who I'm voting for instead"?

It's a simple proposition, only one of two possible people will have the opportunity to nominate anyone, voting for a non-viable third party, for me is not an option, the court is too important.

So you're not going to answer my question, and you were just looking for a chance to pontificate on your OWN point of view, rather than actually having any interest in what I thought. Got it. Glad I took the time to clarify before bothering to compose an answer.

It all depends on who he is talking to... If he's being interviewed by Hannity, he's going to appoint justices like Scalia... if he's talking to Wolf Blitzer, he's going to appoint a 'centrist-moderate' ...and we really don't know what he's going to appoint until he does so.

He also said he would give a by name list of people he would consider before the election. There's no doubt what you'll get if the hildabitch wins.

Yeah, but he said that while Cruz was still in the race. Now that he thinks he's waltzing to victory with no more effort required on his part, we'll have to see whether or not he bothers.

Isn't that the case with any politician.

No, and if we take that sort of lackadaisical, "Oh, it's okay if he lies to me, because all politicians lie" attitude, we have no right to ever expect any different.

That ship has already sailed, there's a majority of Americans that apparently love being lied to, otherwise the dear leader wouldn't have been reelected.

And that "Oh, well, they all lie, so why care?" attitude is exactly why that is now the case.

What the fuck is wrong with Liberals that they automatically assume foreign countries (usually European) have the better ideas? No... I don't want to copy Germany... or Italy... or France... or Sweden... or the UK!

Well, the problem is, we don't "Automatically assume" that. We actually look at measurable results. German workers live longer, are more prosperous, have a lower unemployment rate, they have less crime and violence. When you see someone else is getting BETTER Results, then you see if they might have better ideas.

That said, I think German-style work counsels would be better than American style national unions. Workers still have someone to go to bat for them, but they are invested in a given company the way a national union isn't.

I want the United States to do what the United States has always done best... lead the fucking world in showing how it's done. With free market capitalism and free enterprise.

But that hasn't been true in a very long time. We are regressing as a nation, and have been since 1980 or so. Mostly because we let conservatives dismantle the New Deal programs that made America great by distracting stupid people like you on non-issues like Abortion, gay wedding cakes and who is peeing in what bathroom.

That's really the ONLY way you get the American auto industry back and remain competitive in the world. Now, what we're doing discussing the auto industry in a thread about the fight for Conservatism, I don't know... but it's a great example of how Liberalism and liberal policies destroyed one of our greatest assets. At some point way back, people said... yeah, we probably need some governmental oversight on those car makers to ensure safety... and the floodgates were opened. Now there are endless mountains of regulations and mandates heaped on the backs of free market capitalists because Liberals simply don't know when to stop.

well, let's look at that. I see you've now moved away from Unions destroying the Auto Industry to it being "regulations". But, again, we didn't lose the Auto Wars to people in a Libertarian Paradise like Somalia. We lost them to countries like Japan and Germany who have stricter government controls on their auto industry. Fuck, dude, Volkswagen was started by the damned German Government under the Nazis.

The real mistakes were made in the executive offices where the "Greed is good" mentality took place.

You see, my Dad's Generation, which had fought world war II, would never have bought a German or Japanese car. My dad used to say truly snide things about Volkwagens.

But then a funny thing happened. WHile the Germans and Japanese were making quality economy cars, Detroit was making crap like the Chevette and the Gremlin and the Pinto that were often the first car their kids bought that brought them nothing but grief. That's where Detroit lost auto share... not that a American Union guy was being paid more than his German Work Council counterpart.

I mostly agree, but it really boils down to one question. Do you want the hildabitch or sanders to be picking possibly the next 4 supreme court justices, that could easily be deciding the course of the country for the next 40+ years? If your answer is no, there's only one alternative.

Assuming you consider that an alternative, which I do not. I don't want Hillary, Bernie, OR the Orange Jesus picking the Supreme Court justices.

Well feel free to share with the rest of us what you consider a plausible alternative at this point in time.

A plausible alternative, as in "How do we get someone else to nominate Justices", or a plausible alternative, as in "Who I'm voting for instead"?

It's a simple proposition, only one of two possible people will have the opportunity to nominate anyone, voting for a non-viable third party, for me is not an option, the court is too important.

So you're not going to answer my question, and you were just looking for a chance to pontificate on your OWN point of view, rather than actually having any interest in what I thought. Got it. Glad I took the time to clarify before bothering to compose an answer.

I thought I answered both questions quite nicely. There is no one else, with any chance of winning, to nominate justices except the major party candidates, and I simply said voting for a nonviable third party wouldn't be an option for me, what you do with your vote is your business, if you chose to make it mine, that's up to you.

He also said he would give a by name list of people he would consider before the election. There's no doubt what you'll get if the hildabitch wins.

Yeah, but he said that while Cruz was still in the race. Now that he thinks he's waltzing to victory with no more effort required on his part, we'll have to see whether or not he bothers.

Isn't that the case with any politician.

No, and if we take that sort of lackadaisical, "Oh, it's okay if he lies to me, because all politicians lie" attitude, we have no right to ever expect any different.

That ship has already sailed, there's a majority of Americans that apparently love being lied to, otherwise the dear leader wouldn't have been reelected.

And that "Oh, well, they all lie, so why care?" attitude is exactly why that is now the case.

I care, it just hasn't gotten me anywhere, I said the majority of Americans don't and until they come around there no sense spitting into the wind.

For the Trump supporters, here's an article on the die hard Rs who will never, ever vote for Trump. I guess they're the #NeverTrump crowd.

The author "invited lifelong Republicans who had decided that they couldn’t vote for Trump in the general, even if he got the nomination, to tell me their stories. Hundreds of e-mails poured in, and are still arriving. They're informative".

Perhaps this will give you an insight as to why many of us do not support Trump. Not that we're all die hard Rs, and we are fed up with 'business as usual in DC', and we are sick of the establishment ... but we also are not seeing Trump as the answer.

The Die-Hard Republicans Who Say #NeverTrump

I don't think this is a kick in the pants, I think it's a changing of the guard. The GOP electorate is old, and quite frankly dying off, being replaced by a shiny object crowd of regressives and isolationists who sew the seeds of fear at every turn. Blame the Right Wing media for a lot of this.
The GOP needs to rebuild from the ground up and take a hard line against the blithering idiot talking heads that damage the brand, and the whack jobs like Cruz, Santorum, King, Bachman, Palin, and the myriad other dumbasses that speak before they think, making headlines that make the GOP look like a bunch of unhinged escapees from an asylum. They also have to lay off the fake scandals and focus that time, money, and energy on real ideas instead of rehashing the same old disproven theories.
Harsh? Yeah, but that's what it's going to take to rebuild the brand.

The GOP isn't damaged. The wealthy are doing very well.

Yes George Soros and Warren Buffet are doing very well, but they are hardly supporting the GOP.

Silly far left drone

But they support drumphf.

For the Trump supporters, here's an article on the die hard Rs who will never, ever vote for Trump. I guess they're the #NeverTrump crowd.

The author "invited lifelong Republicans who had decided that they couldn’t vote for Trump in the general, even if he got the nomination, to tell me their stories. Hundreds of e-mails poured in, and are still arriving. They're informative".

Perhaps this will give you an insight as to why many of us do not support Trump. Not that we're all die hard Rs, and we are fed up with 'business as usual in DC', and we are sick of the establishment ... but we also are not seeing Trump as the answer.

The Die-Hard Republicans Who Say #NeverTrump

This is just one that I can see eye to eye with,

“I agree with Donald Trump on virtually nothing and don't consider him a Republican. Not only won't I vote for him in a general election, but I'll vote for either Hillary or Sanders and will do so without a tad of guilt of voting for a Democrat. For that matter, if the election looks close, I'll even consider following Trump's example and donating money to Hillary. … As Americans, I think we have a moral obligation to choose between the lesser of two evils … or as Churchill said: ‘If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.’ ”

Forum List

Back