What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conservatives on John Huntsman

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is a question to all the conservatives and republicans here on this board:

Would you vote for John Huntsman and why/why not?
In another thread, I came across this topic with Independent Logic and he put forth that he was unelectable on the right. I have heard him speak on only one occasion but he sounded extremely good as a candidate. I wanted others thoughts on him and to see if he really is a terrible pick to represent the right.

Thoughts?

Soggy in NOLA

Diamond Member
Reaction score

In another thread, I came across this topic with Independent Logic and he put forth that he was unelectable on the right. I have heard him speak on only one occasion but he sounded extremely good as a candidate. I wanted others thoughts on him and to see if he really is a terrible pick to represent the right.

Thoughts?

He sems like a RINO.. but on STEROIDS. The fact that the left fawns over him makes me pretty much write him off.

Intense

Reaction score

Thoughts?

We need a real change in direction, not just lip service and more of the same. Do you think he will facilitate that?

OP
FA_Q2

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

We need a real change in direction, not just lip service and more of the same. Do you think he will facilitate that?

He sounded like he would but again, I only heard him in one speech and am skeptical of what he really is for. That is why I asked. I'll admit, I did not do much research on this subject. I just wanted some of the opinions of the posters here. If he seems like he will be all right then I would do a lot more digging.

@ NOLA
I don't much care if he is a RINO - I disagree with the republican party at large and find them all liars. I don't want a liberal but I do want a real conservative. Bush was republican through and through. He was not a conservative by a long shot. If calling him a RINO you mean a liberal in republican clothing, and I think you do, then I would care.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Reaction score
Huntsman is old guard Jack Kemp style republican.

You know.

The type that doesn't keep everyone up at night..

The T

George S. Patton Party
Reaction score
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
Hunstman is a trust-funder, country club, insider goob.

The only reasons he got anywhere the Utah Governor's mansion were his name and his pandering to SLC libs.
untsman thought he would be cute by launching his bid by using the same spot as Ronald Reagan.

Huntsman said we should tone it down...get along. Reagan went right for the metaphorical throat of the problem at the time which happened to be Carter.

Huntsman is a Blue-Blood RINO. He has ZERO chance and should give up.

The T

George S. Patton Party
Reaction score
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
HUNTSMAN:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1WsB6iHEAQ"]Jon Huntsman Presidential Announcement - YouTube[/ame]

REAGAN:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbroTjVm8Bw"]President Ronald Reagan - Liberty State Park [Pt. 1] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lUZu9xhMqc&feature=related"]Ronald Reagan - Liberty State Park [Pt. 2] - YouTube[/ame]

ladyliberal

Progressive Princess
Reaction score
I'm not a conservative, but I thought I'd chime in on the issue of electability.

Huntsman is clearly electable in the general election. He was quite popular during his two terms as Governor of Utah (a very conservative state, of course), with approval ratings as high as 80%. He's much closer to the median voter than most other Republican candidates. It also doesn't seem to matter much *who* the Republican candidate is-- a recent Gallup poll found Bachmann, Romney, Perry, and Paul all statistically tied with Obama.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Reaction score
I'm not a conservative, but I thought I'd chime in on the issue of electability.

Huntsman is clearly electable in the general election. He was quite popular during his two terms as Governor of Utah (a very conservative state, of course), with approval ratings as high as 80%. He's much closer to the median voter than most other Republican candidates. It also doesn't seem to matter much *who* the Republican candidate is-- a recent Gallup poll found Bachmann, Romney, Perry, and Paul all statistically tied with Obama.

Yep

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Look at his background. His experience is light years ahead of the no nothing former junkie community activist who ran this Country into the ground in two years.

Zander

Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's surely better than Obama (who isn't?- the guys an incompetent bum) , but is he the best we can do? I don't think so.

Kuros

Rookie
Reaction score
Huntsman was a popular governor in Utah. All of we ex-pats loved him when he was out there with us in Beijing. He's a classy guy, and a center-right candidate, moderate on social issues and center-right on economic issues. He could beat Obama.

But the right won't touch him. He refuses to pander to them, instead affirming evolution, climate change, and compromise. The right hates Romney because he's insincere. They hate Huntsman because he's unwilling to pander. They only want to elect an image of their favorite Founding Father: Ronald Reagan.

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Reaction score
He isn't groveling to the Repub base/t-party :eusa_pray: so he prolly can't get enough votes in their primary. Forget the fact that he's a former Governor, Ambassador, AND has a brain to boot. That'll sink him in the current extremist tsunami :cuckoo: running through the conservative faithful ranks

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Reaction score
Huntsman was a popular governor in Utah. All of we ex-pats loved him when he was out there with us in Beijing. He's a classy guy, and a center-right candidate, moderate on social issues and center-right on economic issues. He could beat Obama.

But the right won't touch him. He refuses to pander to them, instead affirming evolution, climate change, and compromise. The right hates Romney because he's insincere. They hate Huntsman because he's unwilling to pander. They only want to elect an image of their favorite Founding Father: Ronald Reagan.
Luckily, that'll sink him in the Repub primaries given the extremist fervor running through the repub/conservative ranks :clap2:

Missourian

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Huntsman would be right at home running against Obama...for the Democratic Nomination.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List