Conservatives: Do You Give

How is that any different than you thinking you can redefine it to mean whatever you want?

You seem to think that words are static. They are not.

Sorry, but I don't see you as being any different than the 'religionists'. Marriage has been a defined entity for thousands of years, it means a specific thing in our society. If all the GLBT community cares about are legalities, you should stay away from it and go for the civil union. But, despite what they say, that's not what they want.

How is that any different than you thinking you can redefine it to mean whatever you want?

Sorry, but I don't see you as being any different than the 'religionists'. Marriage has been a defined entity for thousands of years, it means a specific thing in our society. If all the GLBT community cares about are legalities, you should stay away from it and go for the civil union. But, despite what they say, that's not what they want.

Legal marriage under our American system has been a defined entity for thousands of years? Really? Fascinating since America as a nation has only been around for less than 250 years. How is that possible?

Please explain that for us.

And STILL not one of them can say how Homosexuals being legally married actually affects them personally. Pathetic.

Yeppers, for straight couples. That's why they want to keep it to themselves...the cashing in part.

Well that is what marriage IS- a man & a woman. The society as whole believes that certain tax & social perks for those couples advance the General Welfare. On the otherhand hardly anybody thinks providing cash rewards to fags for buttfucking and lezboes for carpet munching has any payoff for the general society. Get used to it. We don't really care all that much what you do when out of sight, but we sure as hell ain't gonna pay you to do it.

The majority of Americans support GLBT people's marriage and family rights, genius. Might want to leave the house occassionally and air out your brain, mebbe speak to someone who isn't a dues paying member of the American Nazi Party.

Talking out of your ass again? Gay marriage has been rejected by voters in every state it appeared on the ballot.

Legal marriage under our American system has been a defined entity for thousands of years? Really? Fascinating since America as a nation has only been around for less than 250 years. How is that possible?

Did I say anything about 'American'? I don't think so, you might try addressing the post instead of arguing with a strawman.

Did I say anything about 'American'? I don't think so, you might try addressing the post instead of arguing with a strawman.
Hello, Newby!!! The whole topic under discussion is American legal marriage. Whether the American legal government should recognize American legal marriages or not.

So, you admit to going on and on about something that has NOTHING to do with the topic...alrightie then.

Well that is what marriage IS- a man & a woman. The society as whole believes that certain tax & social perks for those couples advance the General Welfare. On the otherhand hardly anybody thinks providing cash rewards to fags for buttfucking and lezboes for carpet munching has any payoff for the general society. Get used to it. We don't really care all that much what you do when out of sight, but we sure as hell ain't gonna pay you to do it.

The majority of Americans support GLBT people's marriage and family rights, genius. Might want to leave the house occassionally and air out your brain, mebbe speak to someone who isn't a dues paying member of the American Nazi Party.

Talking out of your ass again? Gay marriage has been rejected by voters in every state it appeared on the ballot.

You beat me to it.

If the "majority" of Americans supported it, why don't they just pass laws? Nope, like most of the liberal agenda, it can only be shoved into American society through liberal activist judges in the courts.

You beat me to it.

If the "majority" of Americans supported it, why don't they just pass laws? Nope, like most of the liberal agenda, it can only be shoved into American society through liberal activist judges in the courts.

You mean like the majority that voted away slavery?

The majority that voted away Jim Crow?

The majority that voted away Segregation in schools?

That majority doesn't seem to exist....at first.

Hello, Newby!!! The whole topic under discussion is American legal marriage. Whether the American legal government should recognize American legal marriages or not.

So, you admit to going on and on about something that has NOTHING to do with the topic...alrightie then.

We're talking about the institution of marriage, which was a concept long before America was. Get with it.

Civil Unions....ok with me as long as ALL legal marriages are officially changed to civil unions....which required all legal documentation, statutes, laws, forms, etc. had the word "marriage" changed to "civil union". There was a petition in CA to get such a proposition on the ballot....I signed it. It didn't get enough signatures to make it to the ballot....yet.

Do you have any idea what sort of constitutional (state, not federal) and legal morass that would create? How long do you think it would take before some shiney new lawyer came up with the argument that last week's case law on marriage did not apply because this week's lawsuit concerned a civil union?

You're talking about Millions (Billions) of dollars wasted because the semantics give some homophobes heartburn, bodecea. It isn't that I care whether the union is known as a "marriage" or a "giraffe"....but we have been using caselaw on "marriage" that dates back to the Code of Hammurabi and the Magna Carta.

I should start from scratch, why?

Because religionists want a patent on the word "marriage".

LMAO! Then by all means, let's get busy spending Billions of wasted dollars to mollycoddle those freaks.

Sure, after campaigns of disinformation and fear-mongering, brought to you by the coffers of the RCC and the Mormon Church, etc. But opinion polling in less hysterical times consistently shows most Americans support marriage rights for GLBT people.

Civil Rights

Just having the cash to buy an election ain't the be-all and end-all of American citizens' opinions, The Rabbi.

We're talking about the institution of marriage, which was a concept long before America was. Get with it.

No...we are talking about legal marriage...as in marriage licenses issued by our government....you know....in America. and the equal rights afforded to fellow tax-paying, law-abiding citizens under the Constitution....of America.

You still don't know what the discussion is about....how sad is that?

Last edited:

You beat me to it.

The majority does not get to vote on what rights the minority is allowed to have...

That is why we have courts

Yanno Newby, I am not a christian and even I know, polygamy and same sex marriage along with every other adult love pair bond possible between or among human adults is all described in the Bible in very loving terms.

Are you a "cafeteria christian", who just follows the Bible when it suits her?

You beat me to it.

You mean like the majority that voted away slavery?

The majority that voted away Jim Crow?

The majority that voted away Segregation in schools?

That majority doesn't seem to exist....at first.

All growth takes time and persuasion Bodecea. Short cuts, compound the issues. Judicial Construction is a hurtful tangent. Focus on the persuasion. You would not like me or anyone imposing our will on you. Same Same.

No...we are talking about legal marriage...as in marriage licenses issued by our government....you know....in America. and the equal rights afforded to fellow tax-paying, law-abiding citizens under the Constitution....of America.

You still don't know what the discussion is about....how sad is that?

And that just shows why you do not understand the opposition to it, you don't understand how people look at it. And while you don't, you're not going to have much success at winning then.

Forum List

Back