Construction Crew in Denali National Park forced to remove American flags! 😳

And then there is the rest of the story....

Date: May 26, 2024
Reports that a National Park Service (NPS) official ordered the removal of an American flag from a Denali bridge construction worker’s vehicle at Denali National Park are false. At no time did an NPS official seek to ban the American flag from the project site or associated vehicles. The NPS neither administers the bridge project contract, nor has the authority to enforce terms or policies related to the contract or contractors performing the work. The American flag can be seen at various locations within Denali National Park – at park facilities and campsites, on public and private vehicles, and at employee residences – and we welcome its display this Memorial Day weekend and every day.

This might be fake story. When an item like this comes along I like to check with the local news source and so I went to the Alaska Daily News website to get a less sensationalized version.

Maybe the US Flag should be posted at the doorway to every park headquarters, and every US National Park employee passing into the building should be required to salute it when passing. Any that are unwilling, should be replaced.

Or simply deported.

Reports that a National Park Service (NPS) official ordered the removal of an American flag from a Denali bridge construction worker’s vehicle at Denali National Park are false. At no time did an NPS official seek to ban the American flag from the project site or associated vehicles. The NPS neither administers the bridge project contract, nor has the authority to enforce terms or policies related to the contract or contractors performing the work. The American flag can be seen at various locations within Denali National Park – at park facilities and campsites, on public and private vehicles, and at employee residences – and we welcome its display this Memorial Day weekend and every day.

Liars.

You voted for them to install communist throughout, promote thru DEI (code word unqualified). Now you clowns want to bark thread after thread how you don’t like it? Uh…we told you so you thin lipped commee sap..
Don't be a Dufus. There was nothing (NOT A SINGLE THING) in the linked article to say the park superintendent was acting on anything but her own decision making and perceived authority in her position. She has probably been in the National Park Service for many years. I have no idea who hired her, or who was in office when she was promoted up the chain over the years or how she got to be over Dinali National Park, and neither do you.

This is not a Who voted for Who Thread in the Politics Forum. If you respond to make so, you will be reported for attempted thread derail and will be actioned. As a member, I recommend you stay on topic of the Current Events Forum Thread, as this is not the Political Forum.

Don't be a Dufus. There was nothing (NOT A SINGLE THING) in the linked article to say the park superintendent was acting on anything but her own decision making and perceived authority in her position. She has probably been in the National Park Service for many years. I have no idea who hired her, or who was in office when she was promoted up the chain over the years or how she got to be over Dinali National Park, and neither do you.

This is not a Who voted for Who Thread in the Politics Forum. If you respond to make so, you will be reported for attempted thread derail and will be actioned. As a member, I recommend you stay on topic of the Current Events Forum Thread, as this is not the Political Forum.

There is actually no indication it happened at all.

OP summary: Construction crews on a federal contract, repairing an American bridge on a federal road in an American national park were required by a federal employee to REMOVE American flags from their trucks and construction equipment.

"According to the contractor, Denali National Park Superintendent Brooke Merrell contacted the man overseeing the federal highways project, claiming there had been complaints about the U.S. flags, and notifying him that bridge workers must stop flying the stars and strips from their vehicles because it detracts from the “park experience.”

Brooke5.jpg
Denali National Park Superintendent Brooke Merrell
“The trucks are flying these American flags, about a foot atop the trucks, about three-foot by four-foot flags, and they said they don’t want this,” the contractor explained. “They’re saying it isn’t conducive and it doesn’t fit the park experience.”

Comment: On Memorial Day weekend no less. Fuck that shit. Call and complain.

Stop polluting nature fuckups.

ah yes the mush-mouthed middler rushes to defend the deep state. So ”they“ rush to issue a denial NOW? She acted on her own to try and get rid of the flags perhaps? Now they try to cover for commee Karen.

You’ll never get any truth out of MSM, DemWitted loons or especially the lying middle phonies GaterMac&cheesedicBlack.
Something happened. Now they rush to lie their way out of it. Im busy here game is on. figure out your own lies this time.

OP summary: Construction crews on a federal contract, repairing an American bridge on a federal road in an American national park were required by a federal employee to REMOVE American flags from their trucks and construction equipment.

"According to the contractor, Denali National Park Superintendent Brooke Merrell contacted the man overseeing the federal highways project, claiming there had been complaints about the U.S. flags, and notifying him that bridge workers must stop flying the stars and strips from their vehicles because it detracts from the “park experience.”

Brooke5.jpg
Denali National Park Superintendent Brooke Merrell
“The trucks are flying these American flags, about a foot atop the trucks, about three-foot by four-foot flags, and they said they don’t want this,” the contractor explained. “They’re saying it isn’t conducive and it doesn’t fit the park experience.”

Comment: On Memorial Day weekend no less. Fuck that shit. Call and complain.

1716777153697.jpeg

You can see Lib Wacko written all over her face

God help us

She should be fired. If she can find a job canning Bud Light good for her.
It certainly would not hurt my feelings. It was a very bad, Anti-American, unpatriotic call on her part, not what we should expect from a US National Park administrator.

It certainly would not hurt my feelings. It was a very bad, Anti-American, unpatriotic call on her part, not what we should expect from a US National Park administrator.

Is there any evidence this happened other than one dude saying so?

Totally moronic what is offensive about the American flag? Do the ranger’s offices fly the American flag? Not seeing what her issue is.
It seems like an over-reaction to me.

The only thing that I can think of is (possibly) that the repairs may be taking place on tribal land and some sensitivity is probably called for.

I’m pre-disposed to trusting the authority on the ground myself but this seems weird.

Hold on junior. I never said it was offens to see the flag don’t be a lying shit stick if you can’t make a point.
Oh, that's right, the 3'x4' flag might be 'distracting' but the giant ass vehicle it was on wouldn't be. Stop lying to yourself. Either you are being a total douchbag or you a lying sack of shit.

Is there any evidence this happened other than one dude saying so?
I have not looked for other outlets besides Alaskanwatchman.com. The board requires a link and it was provided. Have you found a link from a fact checker saying it is a false story?

I wish it were a false story, but in the 21st century, I simply do not know. I certainly think it should be looked into by the National Park Service, and I would be surprised if Alaskans were not reporting the story to their Representative and Senators for investigation and correction of a very poor policy statement by the park administrator, if found to be true.

Oh, that's right, the 3'x4' flag might be 'distracting' but the giant ass vehicle it was on wouldn't be. Stop lying to yourself. Either you are being a total douchbag or you a lying sack of shit.
The flag would draw attention. It’s the difference between wearing a white shirt and a HiViz yellow one. They are both shirts but one draws more attention and stands out

Forum List

Back