Conservative views driving young people away from organized religion: 'They have no reason to go'

No such thing as a liberal practicing Catholic.

Whatever this is: How do you know?

If you supported Biden, you aren't a practicing Catholic

No - you are an enemy of all Catholics - that's all what you say with this sentence here.

because of his active support of abortion law.

Aha. That's why parents, friends and others don't manipulate pregnant women to agree to let her child be killed in her body when a republican is president of the USA.

Most of the "Catholics" who supported Biden merely checked the Catholic box. Few of them attend weekly Mass.

Perhaps the future of the Catholic Church is a future without continous mass? Who knows?

Last edited:
Yeah OK how many divorced people still call themselves Catholic?

All of them.

How many women who use birth control still call themselves Catholic?

Birth control is for Catholics not any sin. Never had been!!! It's part of family planing. Discussions exist only about some forms of birth control - for example "the pill" which forces women somehow also to be slaves of the sexual "dream" of men always to be able to fuck any woman whenever they like to do so without to carry about any consequences. "The pill" is not the best for women and their body.

Catholics are just as prone to hypocrisy as anyone.

What a luck that you are not a hypocrite.

Last edited:
All of them.

Birth control is for Catholics not any sin. Never had been!!! It's part of family planing. Discussions exist only about some forms of birth control - for example "the pill" which forces women somehow also to be slaves of the sexual "dream" of men always to be able to fuck any woman whenever they like to do so without to carry about any consequences. "The pill" is not the best for women and their body.

What a luck that you are not a hypocrite.

A Mortal Sin
On New Year's Eve 1930, the Roman Catholic Church officially banned any "artificial" means of birth control. Condoms, diaphragms and cervical caps were defined as artificial, since they blocked the natural journey of sperm during intercourse. Douches, suppositories and spermicides all killed or impeded sperm, and were banned as well. According to Church doctrine, tampering with the "male seed" was tantamount to murder. A common admonition on the subject at the time was "so many conceptions prevented, so many homicides." To interfere with God's will was a mortal sin and grounds for excommunication.

A Mortal Sin
On New Year's Eve 1930, the Roman Catholic Church officially banned any "artificial" means of birth control. Condoms, diaphragms and cervical caps were defined as artificial, since they blocked the natural journey of sperm during intercourse.

I don't remember this - but I guess you remember right. Many people have the whole day nothing else to do then to tell others what they have to do or not to do. But I agree that "natural" and "artificial" make a very big difference. Creative nature has no intentions. Creative human beings have also often ulterior motives.

Douches, suppositories and spermicides all killed or impeded sperm, and were banned as well. According to Church doctrine, tampering with the "male seed" was tantamount to murder.

Then this opinion of the Catholic Church is wrong - whoever said he is the Catholic Church in this context. The opinion which is used here is indeed on its own "artificial" and not "natural". The problem: This mistake was made thousands of years ago in the past when the word "seed" was used the first time for the act of procreation. I guess the first bronce age farmers made this mistake. In this mysogynist picture a woman is only like a field where the seed of the man grows. This opinion would mean in the seed of a man itselve is a complete human being and he is the only creator - and the woman only a kind of breeding servant. But this is totally wrong and it had been always only stupid nonsense in the last few thousand years when someone thought so. It's by the way today very irritating what they say here because latest since Hildegard von Bingen it had been totally clear that god is not only our father - he is also our mother. This had been enough time for all men in the Catholic church to go pregnant with the idea that we made something wrong since a very long time now. Only because this mistake is much older than our own church means not not to have the duty to correct such mistakes.

A common admonition on the subject at the time was "so many conceptions prevented, so many homicides." To interfere with God's will was a mortal sin and grounds for excommunication.

For a conception it needs not only a single male sperm out of the millions of the seed of a man - it needs also a single ovum of a woman. So contraception is not able to be a homicide.

And let me tell you also: A Catholic who is excommunicated is only an excommunicated Catholic. This says nothing about who is right or wrong. In a similar way how the purgatory seems to be full of lawyers purgatory seems also to be full of excommunicators.

Last edited:
Half of young people report feeling disconnected from their religious backgrounds, according to a new report.

A new survey found that half of people ages 13 to 25 think that religious institutions care little for the issues that matter deeply to them, such as racial justice, gender equity, immigration rights, income inequality and gun control, and that may be driving a decline in membership for several denominations, reported the Wall Street Journal.

"I don't accept the teachings when it comes to discrimination," said Christian Camacho, a 22-year-old who grew up in a conservative Catholic family in Minneapolis. "I know a fair number of young people who don't go to church, not because they will be discriminated against — they just have no reason to go."

Churches should get with the times and stop preaching hate against LGBT people.

Keep preaching hate and you will lose people.

I have noticed when i last went to church, there are fewer people in the pews.

Probably if they started accepting LGBT people and stopped preaching hate then people would return to the church.

It's time for the churches to get with the times.
Good God now this is the most ridiculous OP I heard in awhile

Have you or your link ever read the fucking bible? Only shitty pastors preach not to offend, they tell people what they want to hear and not the truth

I don't remember this - but I guess you remember right. Many people have the whole day nothing else to do then to tell others what they have to do or not to do. But I agree that "natural" and "artificial" make a very big difference. Creative nature has no intentions. Creative human beings have also often ulterior motives.

Then this opinion of the Catholic Church is wrong - whoever said he is the Catholic Church in this context. The opinion which is used here is indeed on its own "artificial" and not "natural". The problem: This mistake was made thousands of years ago in the past when the word "seed" was used the first time for the act of procreation. I guess the first bronce age farmers made this mistake. In this mysogynist picture a woman is only like a field where the seed of the man grows. This opinion would mean in the seed of a man itselve is a complete human being and he is the only creator - and the woman only a kind of breeding servant. But this is totally wrong and it had been always only stupid nonsense in the last few thousand years when someone thought so. It's by the way today very irritating what they say here because latest since Hildegard von Bingen it had been totally clear that god is not only our father - he is also our mother. This had been enough time for all men in the Catholic church to go pregnant with the idea that we made something wrong since a very long time now. Only because this mistake is much older than our own church means not not to have the duty to correct such mistakes.

For a conception it needs not only a single male sperm out of the millions of the seed of a man - it needs also a single ovum of a woman. So contraception is not able to be a homicide.

And let me tell you also: A Catholic who is excommunicated is only an excommunicated Catholic. This says nothing about who is right or wrong. In a similar way how the purgatory seems to be full of lawyers purgatory seems also to be full of excommunicators.
You don;t have to remember it.

I found that in less than a second so maybe you want to research a topic before you start telling people false information.

You don;t have to remember it.

I found that in less than a second so maybe you want to research a topic before you start telling people false information.

It's your decision that you don't like to think. But somehow it is dissapointing that the USA on her own is a child of the enlightenment - while today many - or perhaps even most - of all US-Americans are not seeking for enlightenment any longer.

Last edited:
Half of young people report feeling disconnected from their religious backgrounds, according to a new report.

A new survey found that half of people ages 13 to 25 think that religious institutions care little for the issues that matter deeply to them, such as racial justice, gender equity, immigration rights, income inequality and gun control, and that may be driving a decline in membership for several denominations, reported the Wall Street Journal.

"I don't accept the teachings when it comes to discrimination," said Christian Camacho, a 22-year-old who grew up in a conservative Catholic family in Minneapolis. "I know a fair number of young people who don't go to church, not because they will be discriminated against — they just have no reason to go."

Probably if they started accepting LGBT people and stopped preaching hate then people would return to the church.

The times needs to get closer to the Word of God

and that definitely does not mean the acceptance of mental illness that is men whacking off their penis and wearing a dress

Yeah OK how many divorced people still call themselves Catholic?
How many women who use birth control still call themselves Catholic?

Catholics are just as prone to hypocrisy as anyone.
Hitler called himself a Christian for awhile. People can call themselves anything. It's what they DO that counts.

Hitler called himself a Christian for awhile. People can call themselves anything. It's what they DO that counts.
And you want people to DO as YOU tell them.

Control freak.

The fact is religion is dying out and it's about time.

Its not Conservative or "orthodox" views that are driving young people away from religion and historical TRUTH.......its LIBERALISM. When a child grows up without the proper instruction, just who is to blame? In today's society children are raised by the entertainment industry void of almost all parental guidance. Between our public education system and the fact that our children are tasked with raising themselves via the entertainment choices they make void of parental guidance..... Its liberalism that is destroying the United States.........there is no personal responsibility taught or received today.

Talk about having the mule PUSH THE PLOW. :abgg2q.jpg: If you have never been instructed in TRUTH.......how can you know the truth?

Last edited:
Its not Conservative or "orthodox" views that are driving young people away from religion and historical TRUTH.......its LIBERALISM. When a child grows up without the proper instruction, just who is to blame? In today's society children are raised by the entertainment industry void of almost all parental guidance. Between our public education system and the fact that our children are tasked with raising themselves via the entertainment choices they make void of parental guidance..... Its liberalism that is destroying the United States.........there is no personal responsibility taught or received today. Talk about having the mule PUSH THE PLOW. :abgg2q.jpg: If you have never been instructed in TRUTH.......how can you know the truth?
looks like bad parenting to me.
xtian_cropped.png

So....change the Bible to fit a kid's narrative? Not how it works old boy.

looks like bad parenting to me.
View attachment 600104
Indeed..........Bad liberal parenting. These pictures do not look like 13-25 year olds......looks like some kind of freedom of expression thingy. Only a liberal would attempt to use a plow to push a mule. :abgg2q.jpg: You show Trump voters exercising their rights to protest........and point to Jan. 6 (with the only person killed being a Trump supporter)...........when you can see liberal Cities like states like Ill., Michigan, Or. Min., being burnt to the ground without with 25 people killed over the span of few months in 2020 by LIBERALS protesting the death of a dopehead criminal (supposedly)

Liberalism is indeed a mental disease. Why don't you show us all the destruction of private property by those folks in your yellow journalism pics? :dunno: I bet you even think we live in a Democracy...........while you are pushing that plow.

It's your decision that you don't like to think. But somehow it is dissapointing that the USA on her own is a child of the enlightenment - while today many - or perhaps even most - of all US-Americans are not seeking for enlightenment any longer.

Forum List

Back