Conservative views driving young people away from organized religion: 'They have no reason to go'

No such thing as a liberal practicing Catholic. If you supported Biden, you aren't a practicing Catholic because of his active support of abortion law.
That is a lie. Mashmont is lying. Religious extremist fanatics who try to get away with obvious lies must be driving young folks from organized religion in drives.

Half of American Practicing Catholics voted for Biden and it is not a sin to vote for a pro-choice candidate.

Nationwide, among all who view Trump as a “true patriot,” only 10% blame him for the attack on the Capitol, compared to 83% of those who disagree that Trump is a “true patriot.”
These views of white evangelicals most closely mirror those of Republicans but diverge significantly from the view of most Americans and of other religious groups. There is no other religious group in America where a majority believes Trump is a “true patriot” or that the election was stolen from him.
The only other religious groups among whom more than four in 10 believe Trump is a “true patriot” are white mainline Protestants (45%) and white Catholics (45%), PRRI reported, explaining that “strong majorities of all other religious groups reject this idea.”
22FEB20-POST#0202

And you want people to DO as YOU tell them.

Control freak.

The fact is religion is dying out and it's about time.
There's that childish whining again. "You can't make me!" I don't have the power to tell any chatter what to do. You just don't want me to be able to give my opinion.

I can't imagine what any church has to offer a young person other than an excellent opportunity to get molested.
I’m Jewish so don’t go to church, but this ^^^ is the disdain so many leftists have for religion.

I went to church for my entire childhood. It's not like I'm picking on something I know nothing about.
Religion teaches good values, and the shul I go to practices them - and encourages them among its community. We had all sorts of outreach during the worst of the pandemic, and did special food deliveries to elderly who felt at risk going to the grocery store.

The problem leftists have with religion is the same reason Pilate had a problem with Jesus (and his disciples). He wanted loyalty to the government, and not to a religion.

As mentioned upthread, this is a big reason that Orthodox Judaism is growing. Conservative (politically) belonging to Reform and Conservative synagogues were made to feel unwelcome there by intolerant leftists and moved over to Orthodox shuls. (I among them.)

Religion teaches good values, and the shul I go to practices them - and encourages them among its community. We had all sorts of outreach during the worst of the pandemic, and did special food deliveries to elderly who felt at risk going to the grocery store.

The problem leftists have with religion is the same reason Pilate had a problem with Jesus (and his disciples). He wanted loyalty to the government, and not to a religion.

As mentioned upthread, this is a big reason that Orthodox Judaism is growing. Conservative (politically) belonging to Reform and Conservative synagogues were made to feel unwelcome there by intolerant leftists and moved over to Orthodox shuls. (I among them.)
I have several problems with religion in general but it's a matter of personal choice so I don't say a lot about that. The main problem we all face is religious zealots trying to stamp out sin using secular law. They have the freedom to act like a cult all they want to but they are going to stay out of my right to be an adult.

I have several problems with religion in general but it's a matter of personal choice so I don't say a lot about that. The main problem we all face is religious zealots trying to stamp out sin using secular law. They have the freedom to act like a cult all they want to but they are going to stay out of my right to be an adult.

The pervasive cult right now is wokeism.

The backlash is already here, and not a minute too soon.

We already know you would support the theocratic PG13 world the Christian right seems to want.

You went to one church growing up and seem to think that's all churches. That narrow-mindedness is all over there, on you. Don't foist it on me.

Pontius Pilate didn't give a fig about Jesus religion. He was a minor Roman official. He wanted the Jews to stay peaceful and pay their taxes. Herod Agrippa ignored Jesus too. He was in no danger as long as his ministry stayed in the north.

NOW you say that, but earlier you condemned religion with quite a broad brush.

Religion teaches wonderful values. The conservative (religious) synagogue i belonged to for decades, before they went leftist crazy, did everything from local food drives to the Israeli Save-a-Heart Foundation. (Before you say anything negative about Israel - your user name gave you away - the beneficiaries of the heart operation foundation are overwhelmingly non-Israeli and non-Jewish; most in fact are from Arab or Muslim countries.)

NOW you say that, but earlier you condemned religion with quite a broad brush.

Religion teaches wonderful values. The conservative (religious) synagogue i belonged to for decades, before they went leftist crazy, did every from local food drives to the Israeli Save-a-Heart Foundation. (Before you say anything negative about Israel - your user name gave you away - the beneficiaries of the heart operation foundation are overwhelmingly non-Israeli and non-Jewish; most in fact are from Arab or Muslim countries.)
I'm glad it seems to have worked out for you. Understand that for others religion is weapon aimed right at their freedom to be "sinful".

I'm glad it seems to have worked out for you. Understand that for others religion is weapon aimed right at their freedom to be "sinful".
What sins? Thou shalt not kill. Thou shall not steal. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not bear false witness.

In fact, is THIS why the leftists are going so easy on lowlife criminal thugs, reducing penalties for violent crimes? They don’t like that laws “prevent” people from committing sins, and thus they want a free-for-all? Or why they are soft on illegals coming in in violation of our laws, COVID-infected among them? Why Harris worked to help bail out rioters and get them back in the street?

There's that childish whining again. "You can't make me!" I don't have the power to tell any chatter what to do. You just don't want me to be able to give my opinion.
No but you certainly covet that power don't you?

What sins? Thou shalt not kill. Thou shall not steal. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not bear false witness.

In fact, is THIS why the leftists are going so easy on lowlife criminal thugs, reducing penalties for violent crimes? They don’t like that laws “prevent” people from committing sins, and thus they want a free-for-all? Or why they are soft on illegals coming in in violation of our laws, COVID-infected among them? Why Harris worked to help bail out rioters and get them back in the street?
Yet you support and celebrate Donald Trump. How's that for religious hypocrisy.

Yet you support and celebrate Donald Trump. How's that for religious hypocrisy.
I had two choices, and i voted for who is best for America. Certainly not the demented old man who is increasing inflation, bringing in illegals, leaving Americans behind Islamic terrorists lines, etc.

That doesn’t mean I support Trump’s personal choices, but neither do I support Biden’s protection and enabling of his corrupt son.

I had two choices, and i voted for who is best for America. Certainly not the demented old man who is increasing inflation, bringing in illegals, leaving Americans behind Islamic terrorists lines, etc.

That doesn’t mean I support Trump’s personal choices, but neither do I support Biden’s protection and enabling of his corrupt son.
Trump is about his personal experience and beliefs. He is ignorant and puts his interests ahead of national interests. Of course he's wrapped himself in religion and the flag. I hope you stop and think.

Trump is about his personal experience and beliefs. He is ignorant and puts his interests ahead of national interests. Of course he's wrapped himself in religion and the flag. I hope you stop and think.
^^^ Says the person who voted for Biden - a corrupt, deceitful man who is weakening the country, and is working AGAINST the interests of this country.

With everything that Biden is doing to weaken the country - from importing millions of illegals to driving inflation sky-high - it’s pretty scary that we still have leftists like the above who believe Trump is the one who doesn’t have our country first and foremost.

Thanks to the weak, feeble man you think is a good president, Russia is about to pounce, and we are on the cusp of another war. Thanks a heap.

B
^^^ Says the person who voted for Biden - a corrupt, deceitful man who is weakening the country, and is working AGAINST the interests of this country.

With everything that Biden is doing to weaken the country - from importing millions of illegals to driving inflation sky-high - it’s pretty scary that we still have leftists like the above who believe Trump is the one who doesn’t have our country first foremost.

Thanks to the weak, feeble man you think is a good president, Russia is about to pounce, and we are on the cusp of another war. Thanks a heap.
Biden is old and fragile. He's not corrupt. Putin is playing a game of chicken.. that's not Bidens fault. Your loyalty to Trump is disturbing. He has no morals and he's not intelligent. That wouldn't impress most Jewish people I know.

Forum List

Back