Conservative views driving young people away from organized religion: 'They have no reason to go'

People who see themselves as defenders of the faith are the worst.

What means "the worst", offender?

Jesus gave us a way to live a virtuous life without having to submit to a priesthood who claim to hold the keys to heaven.

What you say here is an "argument" of the 18th century. Immanuel Kant used it in his excellent answer to the question "What is enlightenment?"

It's clear he was rebelling against the temple

Who was rebelling? Jesus?

-----
So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?”
-----

-----

and it's secular authority but that aspect seems to have been lost. More likely it was deliberately edited out.

no comment

Last edited:
That's very far from this what the bible "says". No one is responsible for a sexual orientation which is independent from the will of the own person. And everyone is responsible for the own behavior - also in case of sexuality. The Muslims say it come 72 times more women into heaven than men. This is perhaps a good indicator for the relation of the sinfulness between the sexual behavior of women and men. The accusation "men are pigs" seems to be not far from reality sometimes - if to be compared with men would not be a shame for pigs. More tenderness - also between men - would perhaps help a lot. And tenderness is for example anything else than "homosexuality" (=an expression from the year 1869)

Supposedly the bible also says that working on the sabbath,eating pork,eating shrimp,tattoos,eating anything mixing meat and dairy(which would be cheeseburgers and whoppers) an abomination in the eyes of God. ...

The bible also says that rape is ok as long as you pay a girl's father some coin.

And the bible also mentions slavery(an evil that no one approves of today)

This passage says you could make someone a slave for life(which imho is the same thing as the Black slavery that happened in the south)

Also says that beating slaves is A-ok as long as they don't die.

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

What means "the worst", offender?

What you say here is an "argument" of the 18th century. Immanuel Kant used it in his excellent answer to the question "What is enlightenment?"

Who was rebelling? Jesus?

-----
So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?”
-----

-----

no comment

You seem like the kind that would joyfully kill in the name of God. The world has no shortage of zealots but we have a severe shortage of saints.

That's very far from this what the bible "says". No one is responsible for a sexual orientation which is independent from the will of the own person. And everyone is responsible for the own behavior - also in case of sexuality. The Muslims say it come 72 times more women into heaven than men. This is perhaps a good indicator for the relation of the sinfulness between the sexual behavior of women and men. The accusation "men are pigs" seems to be not far from reality sometimes - if to be compared with men would not be a shame for pigs. More tenderness - also between men - would perhaps help a lot. And tenderness is for example anything else than "homosexuality" (=an expression from the year 1869)

Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Supposedly the bible also says that working on the sabbath,eating pork,eating shrimp,tattoos,eating anything mixing meat and dairy(which would be cheeseburgers and whoppers) an abomination in the eyes of God. ...

The bible also says that rape is ok as long as you pay a girl's father some coin.

This passage says you could make someone a slave for life(which imho is the same thing as the Black slavery that happened in the south)

Exodus 21:20–21 says, “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

Shocking stuff if you stop and think about it. Leviticus was the law.

Ahem ... Because the constitution of the USA is sacrosanct - what you also directly say here - I normally never discuss about the constitution of the USA with US-Americans. But do you really think god created the natural human right to abort human beings? ....

And by the way: Also people who cross a border illegally are children of god. ... Sure is patriotism a good thing as long as this means to love the own country. But when patriotism becomes a strange nationalism who hates all others then grows something into a totally wrong way.
Show me in the constitution that we have the right to abort human beings! Keeping illegal aliens from entering your country is not hate. It is self preservation from those who come in to murder, sell and pedal drugs, steal from our social security, etc. Foreigners should be law abiding individuals and not seek to do contrary to the law of the land.

Show me in the constitution that we have the right to abort human beings! Keeping illegal aliens from entering your country is not hate. It is self preservation from those who come in to murder, sell and pedal drugs, steal from our social security, etc. Foreigners should be law abiding individuals and not seek to do contrary to the law of the land.

You attend the Church of Christ?

Show me in this verse where god said it was ok to rape?

Deuteronomy 22:29 then the man who lay with her must pay the young woman's father fifty shekels of silver, and she must become his wife because he has violated her. He must not divorce her as long as he lives.

God does not sanction rape but only makes the perpetrator pay for his sin to the father of the victim and take the woman as a wife.

28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

these verses do not state that the act was not consensual between the damsel and the man.

Show me in this verse where god said it was ok to rape?

Deuteronomy 22:29 then the man who lay with her must pay the young woman's father fifty shekels of silver, and she must become his wife because he has violated her. He must not divorce her as long as he lives.

God does not sanction rape but only makes the perpetrator pay for his sin to the father of the victim and take the woman as a wife.

28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

these verses do not state that the act was not consensual between the damsel and the man.

Read the verse. He can lay hold of a virgin and nothing happens if they aren't caught.

Read the verse. He can lay hold of a virgin and nothing happens if they aren't caught.
It's also pertinent to the discussion that Most Hebrew "women" were married off and pregnant before their 14th birthday. Raping a virgin in this context is to be raping a child.

So it is your opinion that the phase, "lay hold on her" should be interpreted as rape?

Not buying it. He could very well lay hold on any woman who consents to lie with him.

I believe this verse is speaking more of fornication than rape.

Last edited:
But, rape and slavery was OK.

Yup and the bible mentions genocide.

From a modern standpoint, that is against the laws of the Geneva convention.

Half of young people report feeling disconnected from their religious backgrounds, according to a new report.

A new survey found that half of people ages 13 to 25 think that religious institutions care little for the issues that matter deeply to them, such as racial justice, gender equity, immigration rights, income inequality and gun control, and that may be driving a decline in membership for several denominations, reported the Wall Street Journal.

"I don't accept the teachings when it comes to discrimination," said Christian Camacho, a 22-year-old who grew up in a conservative Catholic family in Minneapolis. "I know a fair number of young people who don't go to church, not because they will be discriminated against — they just have no reason to go."

Churches should get with the times and stop preaching hate against LGBT people.

Keep preaching hate and you will lose people.

I have noticed when i last went to church, there are fewer people in the pews.

Probably if they started accepting LGBT people and stopped preaching hate then people would return to the church.

It's time for the churches to get with the times.
TikTok is their new religion

I don't have any idea why so many people never make a drivers license for the bible. This books are very easy to understand. But the abstrahots today don't understand anything. Did you seriously try to find out when the first time was written why no one should eat pork? If you are able to understand what's written there about the reasons not to do so then tell me what this could mean and I would be very happy to understand this because I love it to understand very old cultures. But it's on the other side totally superflous to understand this for a Christian because the words of Jesus are very clear in this context.

Btw. Then the bible also says murder is okay as long as you are stoned for this deed. What you call "rape" was perhaps a totally other thing in a time of history where women all over the planet were often seen only as a trading good.

Says a slave of the daily money he needs? And the slavery in the USA, dear idiot mine, shows only how deep and deeper the modern world was and is able to sink. This pervert form of slavery is not directly comparable with any other from of slavery. What doen't mean every slaveholder was a pervert - but the laws to supress slaves show a deep disorientation of a wide part of all mankind.

How stupid are you? With other words: Who killed a slave did do a crime.

So only more a kind of symbolic punishment was allowed. If you don't know: The USA tortures and murders. In the 21st century. The USA steals children of illegal migrants. The USA supports since more than 200 years anti-Christian terror regimes - as for example the Sauds in Arabia - a prototype for all "Islamistic State" terror movements. The USA kills every year about a million human beings in the womb of their mothers. And so on and so on. And I'm sure in hundred or twohundred years everyone will make responsible for this all the Catholics and/or other Christians of the 20th and 21st century - specially also for the heavy crimes of the innocent USA. And the good and noble US-Americans in 100 or 200 years will for sure find good "reasons" to say something like this: "The only good Christian I ever saw was dead".

Last edited:
You seem like the kind that would joyfully kill in the name of God.

Aha. A break of the 10 commandements.

he world has no shortage of zealots but we have a severe shortage of saints.

Then be a saint. Your choice. A good step into this direction could it for example be not to defame others in an intrigant way of life - as it is written in the 10 commandements.

Nevertheless let me say to you: This week for example monsters who looked like human beings murdered in Paraguay one of our wise friends and his 14 years old daughter in an extremely terrible bestialic way. It's sad that I was not there and had not killed the murderers before they had been able to do so.

Show me in the constitution that we have the right to abort human beings!

... I guess - and I do not like to know anything about your constitution - your constitution installed your Supreme Court and you Supreme Court made this interpretation of your constitution - so everyone in the USA has to follow this ¿God created? laws.

Keeping illegal aliens from entering your country is not hate.

It exists nothing like "illegal aliens". Your way to say so shows very well your hate and/or fear.

It is self preservation from those who come in to murder,

You call every illegal migrant to the USA a murderer - and you don't suffer hate?

sell and pedal drugs, steal from our social security, etc.

By the way: Your country threw for example out a German who had come in the age of some months to the USA. He was 60 years or a little older when you threw him out. You are really a very weird Prussian nation. Interesting in this context: "You" had made this man in one of your hospitals to a drug addict with a wrong medicamentation of opiats. When he arrived in Germany he owned $20 = 1/3rd of a cent for every year which he had lived in the USA without to learn any word German.

Foreigners should be law abiding individuals

=¿Idiots who go to the next police officer and tell him: "I'm an illegal migrant" although the police officer don't like to hear this because he knows him and also knows he's quite okay?

and not seek to do contrary to the law of the land.

Did you ever try to flee a Mafia, hunger or war? Then you never would try to speak such a bullshit. Sure the USA has to do something to avoid and/or to clear such problems like illegal migration. She is responsible for the safety and welfare of her citizens - nevertheless this is not any reason to try to see in everyone a criminal who likes to improve the own way of life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back